Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sample Instruments?

I’m longingly waiting for the big sample companies (native instruments, spitfire audio,...) to jump onboard and release a AUv3 sample engine. That would give me reason to leave the mac behind. Even if apple would release logic with all its sample instruments I would feel ok to make the move.
What is holding all of these companies back? We have amazing effect AUv3 and great daws. But where are the high quality sample instruments? Some on the App Store are really good but it’s way too little!!
We have 1tb iPads and external storage support. So storage isn’t the problem.
CPU also not.

Any ideas? :)

Comments

• Price is a factor , no one on ios will pay 99-900 euro for sample libraries on ios. I say the average ios music app cost under 10 euro.

• @jacou said:

So storage isn’t the problem.

Storage IS an option when it comes to your mentioned AU solution.
    It does not depend on the physical build in storage of your device - it depends on the assignable storage memory per instance hosted.

Find more technical information throughout this forum...

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Price is a factor , no one on ios will pay 99-900 euro for sample libraries on ios. I say the average ios music app cost under 10 euro.

Yeah I guess that could be true.
    But what if native instruments would release a simple version of Kontakt so that all the purchased sample libraries could also be used on iOS. That would add more potential customers and be quite attractive to existing customers.

• @MrBlaschke said:

@jacou said:

So storage isn’t the problem.

Storage IS an option when it comes to your mentioned AU solution.
    It does not depend on the physical build in storage of your device - it depends on the assignable storage memory per instance hosted.

Find more technical information throughout this forum...

I see so it’s not possible to assign a library on an external storage to AUv3 yet?
    That option really should be added then.

• @jacou said:
    I’m longingly waiting for the big sample companies (native instruments, spitfire audio,...) to jump onboard and release a AUv3 sample engine. That would give me reason to leave the mac behind. Even if apple would release logic with all its sample instruments I would feel ok to make the move.
    What is holding all of these companies back? We have amazing effect AUv3 and great daws. But where are the high quality sample instruments? Some on the App Store are really good but it’s way too little!!
    CPU also not.

AudioLayer has its limitations but for large natural instruments it works quite well.

Commercial libraries like Neo Soul Keys Studio, Pure Synth Platinum, BeatHawk, Ravenscroft, iSymphonic etc. are really good already.
    Even Garageband / iOS has a fairly good set of instruments now.
    We're getting closer.

• @rs2000 said:

@jacou said:
    CPU also not.

AudioLayer has its limitations but for large natural instruments it works quite well.

Commercial libraries like Neo Soul Keys Studio, Pure Synth Platinum, BeatHawk, Ravenscroft, iSymphonic etc. are really good already.
    Even Garageband / iOS has a fairly good set of instruments now.
    We're getting closer.

Oh thank you I haven't seen AudioLayer yet.
    Yes I hugely appreciate these first quality sample instruments on iPadOS/iOS! Hopefully many more will come!
    I agree the Garageband instruments are pretty alright but at this time Garageband is still too limited to be used as a proper DAW/can't keep up with Auria/Cubasis (yet?). Apple doesn't seem to be too concerned about that looking at the update/upgrade frequency. Maybe I'm just too spoiled using Logic on desktop :)

• @jacou said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    Price is a factor , no one on ios will pay 99-900 euro for sample libraries on ios. I say the average ios music app cost under 10 euro.

Yeah I guess that could be true.
    But what if native instruments would release a simple version of Kontakt so that all the purchased sample libraries could also be used on iOS. That would add more potential customers and be quite attractive to existing customers.

Good idea, you could buy the mac/pc versions but run it on ios. They would have to pay apple 30 percent of profits though I believe.