Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis Problem

Has anyone else had the problem of when opening Cubasis it opens the last project and duplicates every track about 20 times? I have had this happen a few times and on projects that have 10 or more tracks it completely freezes my iPad as it ends up with so many duplicates.

Comments

• Not seen that. When did you last update?

• I check updates daily and only got cubasis a week ago. I was hoping it was just a one off but it has happened about 4 times so far with different projects.

• I've had this happen a couple of times as well, thought it was just something I was doing. Only way I could get out of it was to delete the whole project as trying to delete individual tracks was so slow (luck had it I only had imported a couple of tracks so no big loss). It seemed to duplicate animoog and dm1 as well as internal instruments. I'm using ipad3 latest ios and installed cubasis 3 days ago.

• Have you reported this on the Cubasis forum?

• Not yet have been playing around to see if anything I'm doing that's obviosly my fault and can't seem to replicate it this morning. Going to try a few more apps and will see. Do you have a link if you have reported it will update that with my findings if you like.
    Cheers

• Ukmadstu,
    Did you try turning on Airplane Mode? That worked for me. It seems to make Cubasis more stable.

• Just one thing you might want to make sure of because it caught me out several times when I started using Cubasis and I couldn't work out where all the extra tracks had come from.

When you select a lot of track data to copy and paste if you have a track near the bottom selected by accident, instead of the top track you are copying, then when you paste Cubasis creates a lot of new tracks to drop your data into. This would be obvious on a PC but on an iPad it's easy to think that it simply hasn't worked as you can't see the tracks at the bottom unless you are zoomed right out. If you do this a couple of times you end up with lots of tracks and mixed up data.....been there done that :(

Sounds a bit like your problem......

• Bingo! thanks skipp problem solved. Hopefully this will help others as well

• @Ukmadstu No problem. It one of those that seems really obvious once you've noticed..... but it's like black magic until then!

• Ok I've just had the same thing happen again, and I hadn't copied or pasted anything. I also can't recreate the problem.

• Have you contacted Steinberg about that?

• im staying away from Cubasis until the next update. canʻt believe that iʻve had a whole project ruined due to the undo button.

• OUCH! What happened?

• @Sebastian it's a known issue, and pretty random at that. if you hit Undo too many times in succession it erases audio information on your tracks. the worst part is it can happen at any time, even with general use.

• I've just run into this and it's really killing the whole experience. It seems like since I encountered it last night, everything I touch in Cubasis is having problems now. It's as if the project got corrupted and now it's bogging down the whole program. Vy disappointing honestly. I also have the duplicate tracks issue. Guess ill b putting Cubasis down until the next update, but that sucks because I really dig the interface. It's a sharp little app if it will start behaving.

• edited February 2013

I was able to reproduce this issue of all audio disapearing after an undo when using audiobus with cubasis and I got it on video and sent it to Steinberg. Believe me, they are working hard at solving this bug and are taking it very seriously.

• Thanks for that. I logged the issue with them as well and I saw where many others had done the same previously. This is Steinberg. I assume it will be fixed in the next update or so, and that's wonderful. I'm still disappointed I can't record in confidence with it right now, though, because it had really grown on me fast. The midi editor could use a little work imo, but overall the experience was pretty great up until now.

• Having the same issues...
    Am copying all audio files into audio share
    folders as a backup.

• Snapshot works for me just do it regularly and delete history apart from the last few.

• One of the habits that I've gotten into is to simply erase the last audio recorded instead of hitting the undo button. Most of the time there has been absolutely no problems with this method. It's only when you get frequent with your undo button that you start to get these problems.