Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auditor - Audio Editor by Living Memory Software

Comments

• I bought this last night. Not quite as instantly intuitive for me as others have experienced, but the in-app help is good... as is the thorough manual.

Didn’t take long to get the hang of it and it’s much more useful than I’d anticipated. I’m really liking it and glad I pulled the trigger. :)

How do you delete a whole layer at once? Seems I have to clear each sample individually until no more on the layer. Isn’t there a way to just select and clear/delete a layer?

• @skiphunt said:
    I bought this last night. Not quite as instantly intuitive for me as others have experienced, but the in-app help is good... as is the thorough manual.

Didn’t take long to get the hang of it and it’s much more useful than I’d anticipated. I’m really liking it and glad I pulled the trigger. :)

How do you delete a whole layer at once? Seems I have to clear each sample individually until no more on the layer. Isn’t there a way to just select and clear/delete a layer?

Selection to Region > Cut

There may be other ways. I haven’t been able to spend much time with app.

• So I’ve saved a project and the app will tell me one already exists if I try to save another with the same name. For the life of me I can’t find the folder. I can search for auditor in files, get shown that one exists but then if I try to view it I’m thrown back into the root of ‘on my iPad’ with no Auditor directory in site.

• @rezidue said:
    So I’ve saved a project and the app will tell me one already exists if I try to save another with the same name. For the life of me I can’t find the folder. I can search for auditor in files, get shown that one exists but then if I try to view it I’m thrown back into the root of ‘on my iPad’ with no Auditor directory in site.

In Settings, what directory is set for document storage?

Mine is set to On my iPad now but was set to iCloud when I first launched. In Files, go to your On my iPad/Auditor folder. Is there a Projects folder? If not, is there one on your iCloud Drive ?

What OS are you using?

• @rezidue, try saving at least one file to “on my iPad” on if you haven’t already. Then try to open the folder again.

• The Auditor update now allows me to import audio files on my iPad Pro. running IOS version 11.3.1 .....YES!
    Big thanks to the devs at Living Memory Software for the quick response and stellar support.
    Guys buy the app if you need this and lets support these devs.......

• Hey friends, there is already so much content in this, wow. I am liking the loop aspect of it. So I am just dropping a few questions which will probably already be answered somewhere in here, but be gracious with me - thanks

1) The user can implement the App as AU and throw in wav samples with drag and drop inside the Host (with files app)!?
    2) the app can be inserted in the instrument place (on top of the chain) as well as in the FX slots!? I am asking because this way you can think of it as creating your own launchpad app sample matrix with drag and drop. Which would be crazy cool.
    3) in order to get samples to loop they need to be triggered? Via ATOM for instance !?!?

Thank you, guys!

• 1.no, but it uses Files to browse. No drag and drop to the AU for me, though.
    2. No just the input slot, not the FX slot. Not sure what you are describing in your Launchpad setup.
    3. No, it can be triggered by the host with host transport sync

• The more I use Auditor the more I like it. Great for compositing, the loop tool is really handy, and the interface works well. It’s like a handy audio pocketknife you whip out to do a little sonic whittling. No muss no fuss. :)

• From facebook:

Just pushed the button on Auditor v1.0.2 ... it will be hitting the AppStore in moments ...

• New: End to End Loop Tool: For fine tuning loop end points. See help/manual.
    • New: (iOS 13 Only): Browser now has a button to enable tap to audition. See manual.
    • Fixed: WAV Sampler chunk loop length, was one sample short when loaded into Auditor.
    • Fixed: WAV sampler chunk could be corrupt if written from a project containing a global selection.
    • Fixed: Length expressions typed in from the Info Bar are now interpreted correctly.
    • Fixed: Prevent customisation of loop editor transport bars.
    • Fixed: Incorrect text in confirmation message after successfully saving a Project file.
    • Changed: Increased the number of zoom options cycled through when zoom button tapped.
    • Changed: When saving Project files, all audio files referenced by the project are now copied to the project folder.
    • Restores the Project file icon that went missing in v1.0.1
    • Updated help and manual.
  • edited November 2019

@White said:
    From facebook:

Just pushed the button on Auditor v1.0.2 ... it will be hitting the AppStore in moments ...

• New: End to End Loop Tool: For fine tuning loop end points. See help/manual.
    • New: (iOS 13 Only): Browser now has a button to enable tap to audition. See manual.
    • Fixed: WAV Sampler chunk loop length, was one sample short when loaded into Auditor.
    • Fixed: WAV sampler chunk could be corrupt if written from a project containing a global selection.
    • Fixed: Length expressions typed in from the Info Bar are now interpreted correctly.
    • Fixed: Prevent customisation of loop editor transport bars.
    • Fixed: Incorrect text in confirmation message after successfully saving a Project file.
    • Changed: Increased the number of zoom options cycled through when zoom button tapped.
    • Changed: When saving Project files, all audio files referenced by the project are now copied to the project folder.
    • Restores the Project file icon that went missing in v1.0.1
    • Updated help and manual.

Didn’t hit yet.. looking forward to it.. An AUM update just hit.. doh..

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    I’m liking this app. The UI / UX is very smooth. The file player AUv3 is a very welcome and slightly surprising addition. Hope this one continues to grow.

I finally took a good look at the AU File Player, and it is way more powerful than I first assumed.

• Version: 1.0.3 is out

• New: Ripple Edit Mode, enabled from Settings panel from the menu bar.
    • New: Auto Trim: A new batch macro action to trim silence from either end of files.
    • New: Import multiple files at once into the editor via the “Select/Open” buttons in the browser.
    • New: Import: Can now import files to end of the selected layer or to a new layer.
    • Changed: Split action splits both sides of selected regions within a global selection,
    • Changed: Split action splits at the playhead if there’s no active global selection.
    • Save: Can now save a single file session as a Project file.
    • Settings Panel: Added project settings area.
    • Record Panel: Added Input Monitor / Play Through
    • Record Panel: Added option to replace existing audio in the editor
    • Record Panel: Added option to record to new layer or same layer.
    • Record Panel: Time display uses the same format selected in the editor ruler.
    • Record Panel: Waveform display is now used to monitor the input and renders in red if clipping occurs.
    • Fixed: Potential crash bug in the waveform renderer.
    • Fixed: Crash when enabling inputs for recording.
    • Fixed: Crash causing termination if WAV file is not perfectly formatted.
    • Fixed: Bug in batch converter that could cause a conversion failure.
    • Fixed: Bug in batch converter that could cause the output file to be slightly truncated.
    • Fixed: Exporting a selection could be one sample too long in a rare case.
    • Fixed: Occasional crash if a region is dragged over a screen edge.
    • Improved snap to zero crossing.
    • Optimisations to the waveform renderer and various other internal improvements.
    • Updated manual
  • wimwim
    edited February 2020

Sweet! I was just wondering about this app, whether it was going to have further updates. The dev has been busy I see. B)

• One feature Auditor has is a ‘preview’ button in the Document picker and that is one feature all audio related apps using the Document Pucker on iOS/iPadOS should have as it makes it super easy to preview the sounds prior to importing or opening them..,

• @Samu said:
    One feature Auditor has is a ‘preview’ button in the Document picker and that is one feature all audio related apps using the Document Pucker on iOS/iPadOS should have as it makes it super easy to preview the sounds prior to importing or opening them..,

Omg yessir. This would be so nice ...

• @Samu said:
    One feature Auditor has is a ‘preview’ button in the Document picker and that is one feature all audio related apps using the Document Pucker on iOS/iPadOS should have as it makes it super easy to preview the sounds prior to importing or opening them..,

Itis actually crinimal that they all dont, another case of "We don't actually use the app ourselves" by developers.

• Just came to the AB forum to see if anyone was complaining about a silly bug I introduced in v1.0.3 related to choosing bit rates for MP3. The bug is now fixed in v1.0.31 which is in review!

Really nice to see your kind words folks :)

I have plans for Auditor which will reveal themselves as the year goes on, so a few updates are already in the pipe.

But this coming week LayR is going to get a bit more love, fixing some issues in iOS 13 and (hopefully) adding a new feature ;)

• edited February 2020

@Turntablist said:

@Samu said:

Itis actually crinimal that they all dont, another case of "We don't actually use the app ourselves" by developers.

I know this comment wasn't aimed at me ;) but just to say I actually do a heck of a lot of sample/audio editing and I got the idea to develop Auditor because no editor I use really fitted my workflow which is quite complex, involving recording samples using analog modular synths and sampling hardware along with desktop and iPad software.

And that's a point to identify really, everyone I know who works in this field have hugely differing workflows when they're processing audio, preferences for various apps etc which is great, different tools for different uses. Auditor is designed to fit the way I work in the studio. It isn’t going to replace a DAW and it isn’t aimed at mastering, but it is a tool for rapid audio editing and as with most of my work it was created to fill a void I found. It's got a long way to go before that void is filled, ( hopefully I can survive long enough to fill it! ;)

Here's a cool tip too which I haven't seen many folks pick up on:
    It's not just Auditor related, it's a feature in iOS 13:
    In the file browser ( which is effectively Files app hosted in a view in another app), you can use a little button almost hidden on the top left which has 3 dots (...), here you can "Connect to Server". If you have an Mac/PC with 1000s of samples on it, you can connect and work on them on your iPad from the comfort of your armchair. ( or studio chair even! )

• @LivingMemorySoftware said:

@Turntablist said:

@Samu said:

I know this comment wasn't aimed at me ;) but just to say I actually do a heck of a lot of sample/audio editing and I got the idea to develop Auditor because no editor I use really fitted my workflow which is quite complex, involving recording samples using analog modular synths and sampling hardware along with desktop and iPad software.

And that's a point to identify really, everyone I know who works in this field have hugely differing workflows when they're processing audio, preferences for various apps etc which is great, different tools for different uses. Auditor is designed to fit the way I work in the studio. It isn’t going to replace a DAW and it isn’t aimed at mastering, but it is a tool for rapid audio editing and as with most of my work it was created to fill a void I found. It's got a long way to go before that void is filled, ( hopefully I can survive long enough to fill it! ;)

Here's a cool tip too which I haven't seen many folks pick up on:
    It's not just Auditor related, it's a feature in iOS 13:
    In the file browser ( which is effectively Files app hosted in a view in another app), you can use a little button almost hidden on the top left which has 3 dots (...), here you can "Connect to Server". If you have an Mac/PC with 1000s of samples on it, you can connect and work on them on your iPad from the comfort of your armchair. ( or studio chair even! )

Thanks for that tip (and for the update)!

• @LivingMemorySoftware I read this from your website ” Tools for creating crossfade loops and (coming soon) tools for slicing, stretching and analysis.”.
    This is what I’ve been looking for. Is it implemented yet or is it in the pipe? Thanks.

• @LivingMemorySoftware

A question.

Can I use this to remove clicks in a recorded file.

• edited February 2020

@LivingMemorySoftware said:
    Just came to the AB forum to see if anyone was complaining about a silly bug I introduced in v1.0.3 related to choosing bit rates for MP3. The bug is now fixed in v1.0.31 which is in review!

I have plans for Auditor which will reveal themselves as the year goes on, so a few updates are already in the pipe.

But this coming week LayR is going to get a bit more love, fixing some issues in iOS 13 and (hopefully) adding a new feature ;)

Love your app! Speaking of bitrates, I just ran a 32 bit wav through batch process to convert to 16 bit and the result is still 32 bit. If I save the same file as 16 bit it converts correctly.

• Timestretching would be a really great key differentiator

• @anickt said:

Just came to the AB forum to see if anyone was complaining about a silly bug I introduced in v1.0.3 related to choosing bit rates for MP3. The bug is now fixed in v1.0.31 which is in review!

Love your app! Speaking of bitrates, I just ran a 32 bit wav through batch process to convert to 16 bit and the result is still 32 bit. If I save the same file as 16 bit it converts correctly.

Confirmed :( It seems other conversions are working properly in the batcher, but 32 bit down to smaller size isn't, very odd.
    As you say, saving the file out of the editor is working ok.
    Shame this couldn't make it into v1.031, I'll fix it and get a build out in the next couple of days.

• edited February 2020

@anickt said:

I recently saw this video that I believe gives a good explanation on why we should avoid 32 to 16 bit conversion:

(at 07:15 refers to your issue)

• @YannisHatzi said:

@anickt said:

I recently saw this video that I believe gives a good explanation on why we should avoid 32 to 16 bit conversion:

(at 07:15 refers to your "issue")

The issue I’m having with Auditor is that batch processing is not converting the bit rate as acknowledged by the dev.

The video is interesting but what I’m doing is converting samples to use in Obsidian or Slate in NS2 (or elsewhere) and the decreased sample size is more important to me than a possibly inaudible difference due to bit rate. I’m taking a 32 bit stereo wav file (for instance) and converting it to 16 bit which is half the file size.

I’m not surprised that the 16 bit and 32 bit source files were approximately the same size when converted to AAC because they were both converted to 32 bit which would naturally be a larger file than 16 bit if all else is equal.

• @LivingMemorySoftware the cross fade tools are awesome!

Feature request:
    BlocsWave has a feature that lets you slip the start point of the wave. Is that something you already have as a tool? If not could you add it?

One thing users have requested in BlocsWave is that the slip feature “wrap” around the trigger of the sample, letting the start point have an offset but keeping the tail of the sound instead of truncating it.

• Damn, this app is looking nice. I didn’t think I needed it with BM3 but I’m not so sure now...