Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iRig Stream now shipping

I thought some here would be interested that our new iRig Stream live-streaming audio interface is now shipping: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=irigstreamshipping

Comments

  • wimwim
    edited November 8

    Humm ... three times the price of a certain competing product that has been around for quite some time. With an added headphone mic input, but with no RCA and S/PDIF output, and no switchable in/out monitoring?

    Not sure I get this. That's a lot to pay for a headphone mic input that no one who cares about quality would probably ever use.

    Maybe I'm missing something?

  • It looks like it targets the mobile creative with size and the right collection of I/O options.
    At $99 it seems like a fair price. I could see podcasters taking this one on the road.

  • wimwim
    edited November 8

    @McD said:
    It looks like it targets the mobile creative with size and the right collection of I/O options.
    At $99 it seems like a fair price. I could see podcasters taking this one on the road.

    Uh. 3x the price for something that does less than and is no more portable than the competition. Not seeing it myself, though I do like the big knob and the dead-simple monitor LEDs better.

    I was kind of hoping someone would point out a reason for this that I've overlooked. I do like IK interfaces generally.

  • @McD said:
    It looks like it targets the mobile creative with size and the right collection of I/O options.
    At $99 it seems like a fair price. I could see podcasters taking this one on the road.

    It is purpose built for live streaming, and yes it would work really well for podcasters on the road. It offers direct iOS device connection and is a great way to get up and running with a live stream / podcast or similar almost anywhere.

  • Direct Lightning, USB, USB-C connectivity, 24-bit conversion & 44.1/48kHz sampling rate, USB bus power or will charge your iOS device when using a mains power supply, 3x LEDs, the headphone mic input is the optional/added input so you can include guests/calls/streams directly - and works with other analog (including analog iRig) interfaces, and more all seems well worth 99.99.

  • wimwim
    edited November 8

    24bit vs. 16bit. There is that, I guess.
    Not that I care about 24bit recording of a crappy headset mic, or for streaming for that matter.

    Still not seeing it. $60 more for 24bit and a couple of cables (lightning and USB-C), minus switchable monitoring, optional RCA output, and S/PDIF output.

  • @ikmultimedia said:
    Direct Lightning, USB, USB-C connectivity, 24-bit conversion & 44.1/48kHz sampling rate, USB bus power or will charge your iOS device when using a mains power supply, 3x LEDs, the headphone mic input is the optional/added input so you can include guests/calls/streams directly - and works with other analog (including analog iRig) interfaces, and more all seems well worth 99.99.

    Ah, so does the iRig Recorder 3 app record three audio channels (Headset Mic and Stereo Line In)?

  • wimwim
    edited November 8

    The device records both, but only outputs one stereo mix, I believe.

  • @wim said:

    @McD said:
    It looks like it targets the mobile creative with size and the right collection of I/O options.
    At $99 it seems like a fair price. I could see podcasters taking this one on the road.

    Uh. 3x the price for something that does less than and is no more portable than the competition. Not seeing it myself, though I do like the big knob and the dead-simple monitor LEDs better.

    I was kind of hoping someone would point out a reason for this that I've overlooked. I do like IK interfaces generally.

    3x the price of what ?

  • @BiancaNeve said:

    @wim said:

    @McD said:
    It looks like it targets the mobile creative with size and the right collection of I/O options.
    At $99 it seems like a fair price. I could see podcasters taking this one on the road.

    Uh. 3x the price for something that does less than and is no more portable than the competition. Not seeing it myself, though I do like the big knob and the dead-simple monitor LEDs better.

    I was kind of hoping someone would point out a reason for this that I've overlooked. I do like IK interfaces generally.

    3x the price of what ?

    I’ll PM you.

  • ^^^^ yeA, pm me too please,. I have an original irig I’m still rocking with, I have a headphone splitter I leave in the headphone slot with an audio cable going from one of the headphone slots into the guitar input slot, that’s how I sample stuff from my iPad into bm3, I know it’s mono, but it gets the job done. I e been looking to get something stereo. Any suggestions are appreciated

  • PM ? Is it a super secret special friends only device lol.
    Just say it here, IK only post to advertise anyway, it isn't like they actually contribute anything to the forum.

  • @Turntablist said:
    PM ? Is it a super secret special friends only device lol.
    Just say it here, IK only post to advertise anyway, it isn't like they actually contribute anything to the forum.

    Agree, weird response... seems so people are worth mre than others to others on this forum. Strange...

  • @greengrocer said:

    @Turntablist said:
    PM ? Is it a super secret special friends only device lol.
    Just say it here, IK only post to advertise anyway, it isn't like they actually contribute anything to the forum.

    Agree, weird response... seems so people are worth mre than others to others on this forum. Strange...

    I don’t think it’s weird at all, Wim’s just respecting the OP by not posting details of a competing product in the thread.

  • wimwim
    edited November 10

    Correct. I was impolite to bring it up in this thread in the first place.

  • edited November 11

    Having direct iOS connectivity is not just "another couple cables", we make fully MFI certified devices to work without "accessory not supported" and similar popping up or other issues with non-compliant devices. Also, the headphone input is an additional feature, though I feel like it is being viewed as the main attraction which it really is not as we know it is a nice added touch for "phone ins" (not literally) of other audio - perhaps "fly in" is a better term.

  • @Turntablist said:
    PM ? Is it a super secret special friends only device lol.
    Just say it here, IK only post to advertise anyway, it isn't like they actually contribute anything to the forum.

    Sorry you feel this way but this is completely untrue.

  • Being respectful is a prerequisite, but isn't this forum exactly the place for critical discussion and competitive analysis? Maybe ikmultimedia will pick up some valuable tips here as well.

  • Respectfully.

    If I understand the competitive issue. There's a really inexpensive USB Audio interface about 1/3rd the cost of this product but I think it requires the $30 CCK to use so it's 1/3rd less expensive. But the company (if I'm guessing the right product) also under sells Korg and others by competition on price as a corporate strategy that took 40 years to implement.

    Of course, I could be off here and there's some lightning capable product.

    I think $99 with the right cables for all iPhones, iPads (Lightning, USB-C and USB-A cables) is a fair price. Then the 24-bits and headphone mic makes it a good fit for the mobile musician/podcaster.

Sign In or Register to comment.