Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something cool I discovered with Looping and Bluetooth Speakers (GarageBand, LaunchPad, etc)

edited November 2019 in App Tips and Tricks

When using Bluetooth, there's a bit of latency which tends to ruin the flow of the song. Happens a lot when using Virtual instruments, or even music streaming apps such as Spotify.

But, if you use Live Loops on GarageBand or LaunchPad by Ampify, it seems to match up in real time. There's still the initial startup delay, but once you start, it syncs due to Ableton Link. You can change the loops and it will match the tempo of the song. So, you can use apps such as Blocs Wave and there won't be a noticable delay.

GarageBand has its own style of Ableton Link but it follows the same technique. Session View has the delay, but Live Loops will play on queue. So, play your songs in Session View, trim them to loops, then place them on Live Loops and play them live.

Comments

• Sorry I don't yet get your point - Bluetooth latency only becomes apparent when you play a keyboard or drum pads or when you have a second system directly connected to speakers.
    If all your sources are playing loops or they're sequenced already, latency doesn't matter.

• edited November 2019

@rs2000 said:
    Sorry I don't yet get your point - Bluetooth latency only becomes apparent when you play a keyboard or drum pads or when you have a second system directly connected to speakers.
    If all your sources are playing loops or they're sequenced already, latency doesn't matter.

Yeah, you're right. I may not have explained what I was trying to do.

I've been trying to find a way to perform live via my Bluetooth speaker but whenever I played an instrument, there was always a delay. Most threads mentioned never to use Bluetooth when DJ'ing so I never tried looping.
    But today when I tried looping on LaunchPad/GarageBand while using the Bluetooth speaker, I was able to transition easily without worrying about the delay.

• edited November 2019

• This is because those apps sync loops between themselves with internal app clock, and loops use CUE feature to always switch with the proper timing. There is still a delay between your app audio and BT speakers, but you will not feel it except if for example you move knobs/faders quickly.