Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Musical tastes and Justin Bieber

tjatja
edited November 2019 in Other

I recently learned, that the piece "Love yourself" which I mostly know from cover versions is from Justin Bieber.

Being such old as I am, I was surprised about this fact and decided to try the whole album "Purpose (Deluxe)" by Justin Bieber on Spotify.....

But, I was not able to hear ONE piece from start to end without getting annoyed or bored, beside the mentioned "Love yourself" which I regard as something very nice and I even like it from JB himself.

Just telling... 😜

Comments

• Guilty pleasure, my playlists are full of them.

Poker Face by Lady Gaga, or Roar by Katie Perry, and Hit Me Baby by Britney Spears - all great pop songs. And don't get me started on Abba, or Kylie, or even Neil Diamond.

If I put my five-star rated songs on shuffle there are some crazy juxtapositions: Sonic Youth followed by Lana Del Rey, or Future Islands after Nancy Sinatra. I'm sure many people are like that, especially as you get older and are less bothered about the image and culture behind the music, and just enjoy the songs.

• I gotta say I had a similar reaction to most of Taylor Swift's 1989

• Maybe it's because that one song was co-written by Ed Sheeran. You tend to hear elements of Ed in a lot of songs he works on with people. Here's an example (relevant since Christmas is coming) -
    That being said, I actually liked the Bieber album.

• JB has penned some pretty decent songs ... for me, give credit where it’s due. If someone has done something praiseworthy, it stands on its own feet, and not because of who made it, sort of thing. Likewise if someone has a reputation for being a great artist, they can still produce a turkey.

• @richardyot said:
    Poker Face by Lady Gaga, or Roar by Katie Perry, and Hit Me Baby by Britney Spears - all great pop songs. And don't get me started on Abba, or Kylie, or even Neil Diamond.

Lady Gaga has an excellent voice ... did anyone catch her jazz duets with Tony Bennett?

• edited November 2019

Count me in. The Carpenters, Bread, Bruno Mars, Journey [insert name of many other pop acts folks think are sappy]. The list goes on and on. Don't listen to pop regularly, but I respect the craft and skills of a lot of pop stars.