Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to get rich by showing iOS audio videos on an iPhone on YouTube

edited November 2019 in Other

Just discovered this the channel of iSongs on Youtube. This channel uses an iPhone with and records popular songs and how they are made with Garageband. There are a loads of videos on this channel that have over 1.000.000 views which translates in around $4000 dollars.
Below the Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine on iPhone (GarageBand) version From about a month ago which already has nearly 3.000.000 views ($12.000).
So there's definitely a possibilty to earn quite some big bugs if you are a musician and can work with audio apps.

Comments

• Yeah, but then you have to figure out how to re-create Sweet Child O Mine on the iPhone. Hard pass for me. Glad someone else is doing it and making money, though. The irony is that really talented artists are making a few cents per day from people playing their tracks on Spotify.

• Good for them :) Although watching that video it bugged me that the second half of the riff was missing!

• Where are you getting your $$$$ amounts from? Those look a LOT higher than they should be for the many views.

• Since all these pieces will be copyrighted as soon as the video is processing the YouTube bots will spot it, man they can spot one riff of like 20 seconds, and then all the revenue will go to whoever holds the copyright, the video won’t be taken down but the actual creator won’t make any money at all unless of course they have permission in writing from the copyright holder, the copyright holder does have the right to ask for an immediate take down under law or let it ride or let it ride but have it monitised (this is the usual corse of action) on their behalf, or share a part of the earnings with the creator of the content.

To earn that kind of money on those views is possible under the most advantageous conditions like multiple adds running on the video and also the content creator being in the top tier creator category like Casey Neistat or Pewdiepie because they get a whopping cut of the ad revenue because they have millions of subscribers.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Since all these pieces will be copyrighted as soon as the video is processing the YouTube bots will spot it, man they can spot one riff of like 20 seconds, and then all the revenue will go to whoever holds the copyright, the video won’t be taken down but the actual creator won’t make any money at all unless of course they have permission in writing from the copyright holder, the copyright holder does have the right to ask for an immediate take down under law or let it ride or let it ride but have it monitised (this is the usual corse of action) on their behalf, or share a part of the earnings with the creator of the content.

To earn that kind of money on those views is possible under the most advantageous conditions like multiple adds running on the video and also the content creator being in the top tier creator category like Casey Neistat or Pewdiepie because they get a whopping cut of the ad revenue because they have millions of subscribers.

Yah, I can’t see why they wouldn't be licensed. I know someone who made an album of covers. Some pretty basic paperwork and money matters. There seem to be very smooth avenues for doing this.

• @AudioGus I think with a channel like this they would have definitely got the licenses sorted out as soon they started to get huge views, OK it’s still going to cost them but I think the profit would far outweigh the cost of the licensing

• edited November 2019

@Tarekith said:
    Where are you getting your $$$$ amounts from? Those look a LOT higher than they should be for the many views.

The amount of $$$ for views a quite a complex one, there is no hard standard ratio for $ per view also depends on how many subscribers, etc.

BUT here is an idea

"YouTube shares 55% of its ad revenue with video creators and books an average of $7.60 per 1,000 ad views. That means you get about $4.18 for every 1,000 views of ads shown on your videos."
    source: https://myworkfromhomemoney.com/make-money-youtube/

Which means $4180 for 1.000.000 views.

• edited November 2019

there’s a part of me that thinks: hmmm, I could make videos that a million people want to watch. 😂 lol. But even if that were true, what about the publishers who own the rights to these songs? Are they going to come along and take away all the revenue from this YouTuber? Honestly I think they have the right to part of the revenue. The popularity of this YouTube channel is not that the cover/ reproduction is so creative or amazing. No creative license, nothing artistic, just basic copy/paste. This channel gets a lot of views because they are popular songs.

• If only it were all this simple. I’ve been told the average earnings are around $2,000/million views. Of course I’m sure there’s some swing there but that tends to be the standout $ I hear often. YouTube is tough on the money side, all the patreon pages, merch selling, vpn ads at the beginning, mid, and end of a lot of high subscriber count content makers videos seem to show that. Props to the channel u linked and I’m sure they’re making a killing, but getting rich from YouTube, for the normal YouTube uploader is a tall order imo, although depending on your definition of rich and topic u choose to cover, and format u deliver it in, I’m sure it’s possible.

I almost approach all my content creation strictly out of love and being informative and don’t expect much in the way of monetary return or high view counts, though those things would be great. I really enjoy the new frontier of the iOS music making community so it’s fun for me. However, Pre-2010 on other channels of mine, I would get 50-70k views in my sleep on videos. Just basic beatmaking videos with no real production effort, now it’s not promised u get 50-70 views/video as a new channel 😂

Anyways, thanks for the inspiration overall, it makes me want to get on my job and make more content!

• edited November 2019

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @AudioGus I think with a channel like this they would have definitely got the licenses sorted out as soon they started to get huge views, OK it’s still going to cost them but I think the profit would far outweigh the cost of the licensing

Curious, any idea how much licensing songs costs on YouTube? Is this a fixed amount or is this a share in the money such a channel makes. This channel has songs with over 6.000.000 views which is quite bizarre if you translate this into money.

• edited November 2019

Some really broad estimates here:
    https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCDuL7JTPSW1QryB8Ep4qepQ

This guy could be getting up to $20k per month 😵

Uploading 3 -5 videos each month...

• @greengrocer This has absolutely nothing to do with YouTube themselves, this is between the Copyright holders and the creator, so the creator would have to get in touch with, say for instance Warner Brothers music or Sony or whoever and deal directly with them, even then, the bots will pick it up, then it’s down to the creator to show legal proof to the copyright holder that they have permission, the. The copyright holder has to personally release that claim on YouTube.
    I think you may find this video really interesting, this is the very latest from YouTube regarding using Copyright material in you videos.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    If only it were all this simple. I’ve been told the average earnings are around $2,000/million views. Of course I’m sure there’s some swing there but that tends to be the standout $ I hear often. YouTube is tough on the money side, all the patreon pages, merch selling, vpn ads at the beginning, mid, and end of a lot of high subscriber count content makers videos seem to show that. Props to the channel u linked and I’m sure they’re making a killing, but getting rich from YouTube, for the normal YouTube uploader is a tall order imo, although depending on your definition of rich and topic u choose to cover, and format u deliver it in, I’m sure it’s possible.

I almost approach all my content creation strictly out of love and being informative and don’t expect much in the way of monetary return or high view counts, though those things would be great. I really enjoy the new frontier of the iOS music making community so it’s fun for me. However, Pre-2010 on other channels of mine, I would get 50-70k views in my sleep on videos. Just basic beatmaking videos with no real production effort, now it’s not promised u get 50-70 views/video as a new channel 😂

Anyways, thanks for the inspiration overall, it makes me want to get on my job and make more content!

What I've heard, the last 5 years Google got more stricter and stricter about it's rules. Easy demonetization and even whole channels get erased. Besides that the competition is getting harder and harder because more and more (very young) people discover that you can earn money with videos. A YouTuber (vlogger) is something to be. Also bizarre if you take a look a views, there's so many channels and videos that go beyond view rates of high cost produced tv shows...

@ipadbeatmaking Any link to your channel? :)

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @greengrocer This has absolutely nothing to do with YouTube themselves, this is between the Copyright holders and the creator, so the creator would have to get in touch with, say for instance Warner Brothers music or Sony or whoever and deal directly with them, even then, the bots will pick it up, then it’s down to the creator to show legal proof to the copyright holder that they have permission, the. The copyright holder has to personally release that claim on YouTube.
    I think you may find this video really interesting, this is the very latest from YouTube regarding using Copyright material in you videos.

Thx for the videolink! See it's quite a hassle but in the case of this iSongs channel well worth the figure things out.

• edited November 2019

@greengrocer said:

@Tarekith said:
    Where are you getting your $$$$ amounts from? Those look a LOT higher than they should be for the many views.

The amount of $$$ for views a quite a complex one, there is no hard standard ratio for $ per view also depends on how many subscribers, etc.

BUT here is an idea

"YouTube shares 55% of its ad revenue with video creators and books an average of $7.60 per 1,000 ad views. That means you get about $4.18 for every 1,000 views of ads shown on your videos."
    source:

Which means $4180 for 1.000.000 views.

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @greengrocer This has absolutely nothing to do with YouTube themselves, this is between the Copyright holders and the creator, so the creator would have to get in touch with, say for instance Warner Brothers music or Sony or whoever and deal directly with them, even then, the bots will pick it up, then it’s down to the creator to show legal proof to the copyright holder that they have permission, the. The copyright holder has to personally release that claim on YouTube.

The person I know just went through Socan (The Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada) and didn't deal directly with the labels or anything. From what I saw it was super easy and there were no negotiations or back and forth with any of the rights holders / labels etc. To get the ball rolling it was around $50 and a quick form to fill out. I think all told they spent a few hundred bucks for the album with the rest coming from potential royalties and the percentages were not shocking at all for covers. To license recorded music looked like it was much much higher. For permission to make a simple cover there were some royalty rates / streaming stuff all laid out and it all looked very established and simple.

https://www.socan.com/what-socan-does/licensing/

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Yeah, but then you have to figure out how to re-create Sweet Child O Mine on the iPhone. Hard pass for me. Glad someone else is doing it and making money, though. The irony is that really talented artists are making a few cents per day from people playing their tracks on Spotify.

😂🤣😂 / 🥺😞😢