Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using Reference Tracks in iOS

I have been doing some research on how to properly use reference tracks recently and ran across a really cool tool called REFERENCE: https://www.masteringthemix.com/products/reference

Does anything like this currently exist on iOS or do I have to wait for 4Pockets to churn one out (haha)? Assuming you use them, how do you currently handle reference tracks?

How do you select your reference tracks? One interesting thing I saw suggested using multiple tracks as limiting "boundaries" rather than one or two as ideal "targets." I'd never approached it that way but can see the utility.

Comments

• I didn't even know such a thing existed. Having this on my iPad would be sensational. Let's hope 4pockets does indeed have a crack at it 🙂

• I did some research into this a while back and couldn’t find anything that could do it.

However now that I use AUM, you can just load a fileplayer in a separate channel to the master one. Doesn’t help with any other daws mind.

• Thanks @gregsmith that's kind of what I thought, as well.

@4Pockets Any interest in this idea? I'm sure you could make something great, and there's nothing quite like it on iOS. :smile: