Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EoN by Jean Michel Jarre

Anyone taken the plunge on this app yet. From the video that apps4idevices rebirth has put up I don’t think it’s very interactive but I am tempted.

Comments

• edited November 2019

Looks beautiful...Seems to sounds great...You go first :)
    Tempted also...But..Look at this:
    http://jeanmicheljarre.com/eon/terms-of-use

So any music you record with it belongs to JMJ...So even if you add some drums and stuffs, all music belongs to JMJ...
    Well...A beautiful screensaver OMHO...

• LOL, so definitely not buying this.

• All rights to export and/or distribute the Music resulting from the App is the intellectual property of {Your Name Here} and any unauthorized release, public performance, audio recording of the Music shall constitute infringement of {Your Name Here}’s intellectual property.

I can get why he would do it, having lived off vinyl, CD and streaming royalities but can you imagine enforcing it if every creation is unique? Can you imagine making any money breaking the license? Can you imagine him watching a movie and thinking... that sounds like me. Would they insert watermarking into the audio?

• edited November 2019

@crony said:
    Looks beautiful...Seems to sounds great...You go first :)
    Tempted also...But..Look at this:
    http://jeanmicheljarre.com/eon/terms-of-use

So any music you record with it belongs to JMJ...So even if you add some drums and stuffs, all music belongs to JMJ...
    Well...A beautiful screensaver OMHO...

I don’t get the worry. Unless I’m missing something this just isn’t meant for music creation. As far as limitations on user experience, it seems in the same ballpark as concerts that don’t allow recording to me.

• @crony @McD @ohwell
    Regarding the music part, wouldn't it be much more fun to create such an environment in miRack for ourselves?
    It's perfect for that!

• @rs2000 I’m too lazy for using miRack, but agree that it would be the best way ! 😁

• Just grabbed it. It’s freaking beautiful. Sounds amazing.

• Looking at the almost 400MB app size, I suppose it's mainly built from samples and loops recorded by JMJ and cleverly launched in a musically evolving, partly random way.
    If that's the case, then I can understand the limitations regarding intellectual property, I would see this as a "dynamic music album" release by JMJ that you pay a price for that is in the range of a conventional album.
    Considering this, running it on an iPod or iPhone on the go is a welcome option.
    Not a bad idea actually 👍🏼

• Is it me, or is this app sort of boring? No interactive, just listening and a visualizer?

• It does look to be an interesting app, and the video demos sound beautiful, but I'd prefer just to create my own generative system of music. :) I'm probably going to get the Wotja Pro subscription and learning that app inside and out.

• Bought for desktop when it came out. Nothing special if You already own hundreds of reverbs. Maybe for iOS it could have more sense. Price out of range for the platform.
    Baby Audio make some neat and great plugins and it is nice to see them on IOS.