Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ampify Groovebox update with improved piano roll

2»

Comments

• @Beathoven said:
    This app makes clips nicely. Now I just want a proper clip sequencer in the app.

With automation per clip.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@GrimLucky said:
    This is a great update, I would prefer an option to select midi only then it could have more than 4 midi tracks in live lite.

In the screenshot above, it looks like you can export just MIDI already.

• I would really love some panning and automation still. I love using it but I’d like to be able to do a little more mixing in it before exporting

• @GrimLucky said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@GrimLucky said:
    This is a great update, I would prefer an option to select midi only then it could have more than 4 midi tracks in live lite.

Nah, it just exports an ALS file without the samples.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@GrimLucky said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@GrimLucky said:

Nah, it just exports an ALS file without the samples.

Ahh, when I said 'just MIDI' I meant that MIDI is all that is included in the Ableton file, so those using Lite can still get the MIDI for all 8 tracks.

• Is there a way to hack the file somehow to open it in IOS?
    I tried several programs but no go😞

• Come to think of it, kind of a big bummer, i don’t have a pc and why tease us like this? Strange after we’ve been asking for midi out all this time. Was gonna get some packs but on second thought....😞

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Come to think of it, kind of a big bummer, i don’t have a pc and why tease us like this? Strange after we’ve been asking for midi out all this time. Was gonna get some packs but on second thought....😞

Always someone finds a cloud in a silver lining!
    I think you could NOT export midi before, and none of my other apps that have Ableton Live export give you the option of exporting midi, only WAV files.
    Ableton midi export is new to me. And super welcome.

• edited November 2019

Yeah, 😐 sorry about that. Usually i never say stuff like this cause it is progress; just that i was sooo pumped when i saw the post bout midi out then got so bummed when i saw it wasn’t available unless you owned live.

I’m currently working on a song with Groovebox, X2 and I’m wishing i’d recorded the midi into X2 first so i don’t have to recreate it. So when i saw this post i was really excited.

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Come to think of it, kind of a big bummer, i don’t have a pc and why tease us like this? Strange after we’ve been asking for midi out all this time. Was gonna get some packs but on second thought....😞

Always someone finds a cloud in a silver lining!
    I think you could NOT export midi before, and none of my other apps that have Ableton Live export give you the option of exporting midi, only WAV files.
    Ableton midi export is new to me. And super welcome.

• It is true that you are possibly the most positive person on this forum! Didn't mean to single you out.
    But I do think exporting Ableton midi is new. It's not available in the ALS in TriqTraq, though it is in Gadget. In any event, it means that Groovebox is not the total sandbox that it used to be?