Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

4pockets multi-track recorder. Can I record vocals with it?

Can I use an external microphone to record vocals on this app, in a way which can be then imported into NanoStudio 2?

Comments

• Yes, although it's a bit of a faff right now. NS2 doesn't expose the audio inputs to the AUv3 plugins, so you can't record directly in NS2.

This is what I do: I launch both AUM and NS2 and make sure Link is enabled in both. Then I add the 4pockets multi-track to a channel in AUM and record the vocals with the timelines synced between AUM and NS2 via Link. You need to use the Host Sync setting in the plugin to keep the timeline in sync.

Then I can add the 4pockets multi-track to a track in NS2 and just grab the recordings from the pool in the plugin. It should be really easy to line them up so that they play in time.

• This is what I do: I launch both AUM and NS2 and make sure Link is enabled in both. Then I add the 4pockets multi-track to a channel in AUM and record the vocals with the timelines synced between AUM and NS2 via Link. You need to use the Host Sync setting in the plugin to keep the timeline in sync.

You don't need to run other instance in AUM ... just run STANDALONE instance of Multitrack .. as soon as you have same project opened in AU instance and standalone instance, everything you record with standalone instance immediately appears in audio pool of AU instance ...

• @dendy said:

You don't need to run other instance in AUM ... just run STANDALONE instance of Multitrack .. as soon as you have same project opened in AU instance and standalone instance, everything you record with standalone instance immediately appears in audio pool of AU instance ...

Cool!

• @dendy said:

This is what I do: I launch both AUM and NS2 and make sure Link is enabled in both. Then I add the 4pockets multi-track to a channel in AUM and record the vocals with the timelines synced between AUM and NS2 via Link. You need to use the Host Sync setting in the plugin to keep the timeline in sync.

Sure, but how do you then make sure the recording is in sync? The reason I run AUM is so that I can sync with NS2 using Link.

Vocals usually start on the beat preceding the bar, so they're tricky to sync manually.

• edited November 2019

@richardyot said:

@dendy said:

Sure, but how do you then make sure the recording is in sync? The reason I run AUM is so that I can sync with NS2 using Link.

Vocals usually start on the beat preceding the bar, so they're tricky to sync manually.

You could do a temp mix and throw that on a Track in MTR standalone, and use that as your guide.
    Maybe?
    To be more sure, render the whole song length in the Temp track, and record the whole song length in MTR for the vocals, even if you don’t start singing until later in the Track.
    Then you just have to line up your vocals to the beginning, and they should come in at the right moment.