Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RhythmBud - AUv3 MIDI FX by Cem Olcay

Comments

• @arp divisions too. gah! I'm getting really fun results running this at high tempos and using very short note divisions, as well as running two instances with offset loops, for cool polyrhythms.

• @bcrichards said:
    @cem_olcay Maybe a multi-select and drag select option to select and change parameters for multiple rhythm blocks? Grid snap option for moving and extending rhythm parts. This is an incredible concept, but I'm seeing opportunity to improve the usability a little bit.

+1 on the editing of multiple rhythm blocks (steps? rhythms?) - OR - copy/paste (duplicate) a rhythm block (including all parameters)??

• I don't recall, is there a random option for generating rhythms on the fly?

• Great demo but the thing I like the most is how the drums are recorded. Can you please tell me what app is it and what are your settings (compressor, limiter, etc)

• @auxmux said:
    I don't recall, is there a random option for generating rhythms on the fly?

No random button but you can record them in..

@cem_olcay said:
    Another great feature is the “Record Mode” where you can record a pattern by tapping the toolbar—like clapping your hands or snapping your fingers for creating a rhythm pattern! Press the “Done” button when you are done.

• @cuscolima said:

Great demo but the thing I like the most is how the drums are recorded. Can you please tell me what app is it and what are your settings (compressor, limiter, etc)

@cuscolima I think you might be better asking the U Tuber on his channel page.

• @royor said:

@bcrichards said:
    @cem_olcay Maybe a multi-select and drag select option to select and change parameters for multiple rhythm blocks? Grid snap option for moving and extending rhythm parts. This is an incredible concept, but I'm seeing opportunity to improve the usability a little bit.

+1 on the editing of multiple rhythm blocks (steps? rhythms?) - OR - copy/paste (duplicate) a rhythm block (including all parameters)??

I’m finding it harder to work with smaller rhythm blocks so I’d prefer a select feature. Copy/paste would be great in addition to that.

• Also maybe an option to set loop length, play with metronome (daws) and record in time with that. As it stands, it starts recording exactly at key press.

Sorry @cem_olcay !

• Looks really cool and original, congrats !!!

• @Mayo said:
    Needs scales IMO

LOL

• Another review video! This is ridiculously awesome, omg 11 RhythmBud instances playing Poison 202.

• But his hardware is really ugly 😜

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I uploaded a new update today v1.1.
    So, you'll be able to "snap rangehead to the grid" by long-pressing it and selecting a grid position.
    Also did some bug fixes for funky history keeping :smile:

• The new update is available now!

• @StudioES said:
    Hey, nice update. Very helpful.
    Is there any way to add a quick overview of each cell's settings?
    Also select, copy, paste, delete, & move cells?
    Alright, I'll stop with the requests :astonished: - it's a really useful rhythm processor as it is.

Haha you can do select/move/delete but copy&paste is a special one.
    For the people who are interesting, here is the UI code, fully open sourced and free to use:
    https://github.com/cemolcay/RBEditorViewController

• Apparently, popup-menu API is bugged in AUv3 plugins with iOS 13+
    I did a workaround and uploading a new version v1.1.1 with the fix.

• edited November 2019

I'm getting repeatable crashes in with RhytmBud AUv3 when I long tap on a step?
    (Long Tap on a step is the only way to remove a step as I've understood it?!).

I'm on iPad Air 2, iPadOS13.2.2

• @Samu said:
    I'm getting repeatable crashes in with RhytmBud AUv3 when I long tap on a step?
    (Long Tap on a step is the only way to remove a step as I've understood it?!).

I'm on iPad Air 2, iPadOS13.2.2

Those iPadOS AUv3 bugs are really annoying. I'm uploading a new version with the fix.
    BTW - it also crashes when you long-press a snapshot for deleting it as well - only on iPadOS AUv3 mode.

• @cem_olcay said:

Those iPadOS AUv3 bugs are really annoying. I'm uploading a new version with the fix.
    BTW - it also crashes when you long-press a snapshot for deleting it as well - only on iPadOS AUv3 mode.

And iOS/iPadOS13.3 is just around the corner...
    Other than the mentioned issue I'm enjoying the app :)

A 'Polyphony Limit' per step could spark some interesting oddities.
    When Polyphony for a step is set to one it could just keep the lowest note as an example.
    (Think of chopping up a chord to classic house-piano sequence/pattern with bass note between the chords, transpose is already in place). I could maybe work around this by shortening a step and using the strum/arp function or something :)

Cheers!

• No more "empty boxes" lol
    A new update is coming soon!

• ah great, that looks useful :)

• I released a new version v1.2.1 with a quick fix for "long-press to delete" crash on the iPad AUv3 version.

• I bought the bud bundle. I love step bud but I’m having trouble figuring out the purpose of rhythm and scale bud. How do they fit in to the work flow? It seems step can do most of what the others do.