Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I have trust issues with ABF now 😔

So why didn’t any of you secretive trolls from the billy goats gruff tell me about KQ Dixie hanh?!

Haaaanhh?!!!!

Keep the good stuff low key is that what we’re doing here now?

I demand there be weekly respect placed on the name of KQ Dixie on ABF as to prevent anyone else interested in how good iOS emu’s can sound-from missing out on this slice of BRILLIANCE!

2 minutes in.....Whoa!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kq-dixie/id1330269027

If you don’t have, you NEED that 🙄☝🏾.

Thank me later....and and...screw you guys who knew for not telling me man. Thought a few of you cared about the kid 😤lol

Comments

• It's a secret sub-forum that just talks about KQD. You have to enter the code, "The bear needs some honey". Someone will respond by PM with the key "come to mama" and now you're in.

• @robertreynolds said:
    It's a secret sub-forum that just talks about KQD. You have to enter the code, "The bear needs some honey". Someone will respond by PM with the key "come to mama" and now you're in.

😂

“The bear needs some honey”...👁👁
    (just in case)

• In other words....I’m literally the last to know 😩.

All jokes aside, I did hear mentions in several threads. I don’t know why I underestimated and may have judged it by the interface which looks amazing to me now that I have it and know what it can do.

• Yeah. People screamed about Dixie for quite a bit. But it suddenly died out not sure why.

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    Yeah. People screamed about Dixie for quite a bit. But it suddenly died out not sure why.

Because it works reliably and isn’t missing features. What is there to talk about?

Well ... except for the weird patch management. But once you learn that, again, nothing to talk about.

• edited November 2019

There are like 20,000 patches for it too... yikes 😬

• Loving this App! :)

Bought it March 2018 and forgot to tell you, sorry!!!

• I was expecting so much more with a thread title like that...

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Yeah. People screamed about Dixie for quite a bit. But it suddenly died out not sure why.

Well than we’re doing the Lord’s work with this resurrection because this thing is righteous fosho! 💪🏾

It may be to do with how the forum works now. Forget how it used to function but for whatever reason I haven’t been past the first page of the forum in months.

I most definitely got lost in the sauce but I’m on the right track now fosho. Yeesh this thing is amazing.

• @[Deleted User] said:

Point me to any that aren’t in app please 🙏🏽.

@tja said:
    Loving this App! :)

Bought it March 2018 and forgot to tell you, sorry!!!

How could you @tja ?! I thought we were past this!😔

• @wim said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Because it works reliably and isn’t missing features. What is there to talk about?

Well ... except for the weird patch management. But once you learn that, again, nothing to talk about.

Speaking of patches, whose got the goods? Is there any patches by @Spidericemidas @brice @richardyot @jakoB_haQ or any of our other local sound designers hidden around here somewhere?

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@WillieNegus said:

@[Deleted User] said:

http://bobbyblues.recup.ch/yamaha_dx7/dx7_patches.html

Google: DX7 patches. More links than you’ll ever need.
    Just realize that 80% of the patches are duplicates or so similar it’s hard to tell them apart. You can spend forever patch diving with little to show for it.

• Thanks!

@wim said:

@WillieNegus said:

@[Deleted User] said:

http://bobbyblues.recup.ch/yamaha_dx7/dx7_patches.html

Google: DX7 patches. More links than you’ll ever need.
    Just realize that 80% of the patches are duplicates or so similar it’s hard to tell them apart. You can spend forever patch diving with little to show for it.

Ahhhh ok. Sounds like a distraction. Maybe I’ll stick to tweaking what’s here then for now thanks for that info.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I was expecting so much more with a thread title like that...

Sorry.😬

• Oh, they’re worth hunting through. Just be prepared is all.

• @wim said:
    Oh, they’re worth hunting through. Just be prepared is all.

Gotcha. Will sift through after i figure out how to fav or organize what I like from factory offerings. I see what you mean about patch management. Might have to dive into the manual on this one. Seems much deeper than at first glance.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I was expecting so much more with a thread title like that...

Ahh maybe that explains this popcorn craving.

• I stopped talking about Dixie because I’m too busy battling GAS.

• LOL, I think I have made at least 25 posts about Dixie. I use it all the time.

• @auxmux said:
    LOL, I think I have made at least 25 posts about Dixie. I use it all the time.

Sheesh. 25 and you never stopped and said to yourself, Willie! He would loooooove this.smh

Is there any accountability left in this world?🤦🏽‍♂️

😆

@DCJ said:
    I stopped talking about Dixie because I’m too busy battling GAS.

I’ve been on a spree myself lately. What is it your digging?

• @robertreynolds said:
    It's a secret sub-forum that just talks about KQD. You have to enter the code, "The bear needs some honey". Someone will respond by PM with the key "come to mama" and now you're in.

Today’s winner lol

• I need this synth

• @reasOne said:
    I need this synth

Indeed.

Somewhat of a head scratcher to me how as to what makes it so special but many of the sounds just feel good.

Has anyone heard of this developer? Were/are they members of ABF?

• I love KQ apps. The developer also made Korg Monotron clone app which are a lot of fun.

Here's one of my favorite things I've done with KQ Dixie.

I have a bunch of stuff on my channel using KQ Dixie.

• @auxmux said:
    I love KQ apps. The developer also made Korg Monotron clone app which are a lot of fun.

Here's one of my favorite things I've done with KQ Dixie.

I have a bunch of stuff on my channel using KQ Dixie.

Nice. Thanks. You’ve already helped. At first glance I was like, why’s his look cooler than mine. Pause. Had no idea there were several theme options.🦾

• KQ Dixie is really good yes, great developer. He even made the app more compatible with the hardware Tx802 after a request. It works really well as a controller for the real thing as well as being a faithful recreation of it. :)