Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I've just discovered Neo-Soul Studio.

Simply wow.

I've been using Logic's inbuilt EVP88 for years,
then along came Lounge Lizard which I thought
was great so I used it on everything that needed
Rhodes or similar.

Neo-Soul has just totally smashed that.

Worth every penny.

Thought I'd share.

Comments

• Agree 100% with that. Pure Synth Platinum is equally worthwhile in my opinion.

• @3sleeves

I'll be looking into that one eventually.

Thanks for the recommendation.

• Yeah it’s pretty special. Don’t feel bad I have most of the synths available on iOS but somehow just discovered KQ Dixie’s brilliance.

• edited November 2019

NeoSoul Keys Studio is one of the greatest things ever to come out of an iPad. Astonishingly good. I owned and gigged with a Mark I Stage 73 for many years and was overjoyed when I discovered I could reproduce those beloved sounds almost exactly with nothing more than iOS and a decent MIDI keyboard.

• @TimRussell

I hear you.

I've just been playing it for three hours straight.
    On it's own, together with drum loops and with Kosmonaut.

I like it a lot.

• @TimRussell said:
    NeoSoul Keys Studio is one of the greatest things ever to come out of an iPad. Astonishingly good. I owned and gigged with a Mark I Stage 73 for many years and was overjoyed when I discovered I could reproduce those beloved sounds almost exactly with nothing more than iOS and a decent MIDI keyboard.

Rhodes 73 stage here too back in the day .. had Chuck Monte DynoMy it at one point .. that and a B3 on Hammond dollies and a Leslie 800, Elka Rhapsody, and Minimoog were my working tools back then. Can you imagine if we had this technology back then .. think of all the chiropractor bills we would have saved 🙄 lol.

• Nice to see it get fresh props. I just wish I could play it with the swagger it deserves.

• @cloudswimmer

Gosh, if we had had this stuff back then, well
    it would've been a whole other different story. 😁

I'm heading back to the stage so right now
    I'm totally appreciating the advances in music tech.

@gusgranite

Though I can gig as a keyboardist for some projects
    I'm still developing my soloing skills.
    Having Neo-Soul Studio makes it a joy to play rather
    than wishing I had a good sounding Rhodes sound.

• It´s something with the sound in NSS that makes my ears feel good. I don´t know what it is it´s just the perfect smoothness in the sound, that i love!

• @marcuspresident

Totally get you.

Currently playing whole chords along
    with Broken Beat rhythms ala Fela Kuti
    trying Quantiloops for the first time.

It's a whole heap of fun.

• McDMcD
    edited November 2019

@WillieNegus said:
    Yeah it’s pretty special. Don’t feel bad I have most of the synths available on iOS but somehow just discovered KQ Dixie’s brilliance.

We should have a thread on apps that emulate classic hardware and in this case import
    that hardware's trove of presets. It might be a short list but everyone should know.

Neo Soul hits the bullseye for anyone seeking the true grit of a Fender Rhodes Stage Piano.
    Of course, you must know the great hardware to be a good judge of the simulacra (I pick up
    vocabulary tips from @LinearLineman who has opinions about the king of musical hardware... the Grand Pianoforte

His favorite IOS emulator is on sale RIGHT NOW.