Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2 Multitack recording on Ipad with Behringer XR18 as the Interface?

Hi all, I have heard some mention of Gaz doing this, unless my memory has failed me.

While watching some videos with Jakob Haq and others at the Thoman event earlier in the year. It was briefly mentioned in a discussion.

While suffering from GAS this past year, I have somehow acquired a: Roland SE-02, Behringer, MS-1, Pre-Ordered Odyssey (still waiting), A Roland TR-8, and a Roland VT-4 and a BUTTLOAD of APPS!

I still want a Deepmind 12D and the Pro-1 and the RD-9 and...please don't tell my wife!

Is it possible to use the Behringer XR18 as an Interface to record all this gear plus vocals at the same time into Cubasis2?

I am asking because I am ready to pull the trigger on the XR18 if it will work

Comments

• According to this video at around 2:00, I’d say yes. Probably shouldn’t take my word for it though.

• @ralis said:
    Hi all, I have heard some mention of Gaz doing this, unless my memory has failed me.

While watching some videos with Jakob Haq and others at the Thoman event earlier in the year. It was briefly mentioned in a discussion.

While suffering from GAS this past year, I have somehow acquired a: Roland SE-02, Behringer, MS-1, Pre-Ordered Odyssey (still waiting), A Roland TR-8, and a Roland VT-4 and a BUTTLOAD of APPS!

I still want a Deepmind 12D and the Pro-1 and the RD-9 and...please don't tell my wife!

Is it possible to use the Behringer XR18 as an Interface to record all this gear plus vocals at the same time into Cubasis2?

I am asking because I am ready to pull the trigger on the XR18 if it will work

Yes, you definitely can; I had one for a while. There was a recent thread about it too but I can't find right now.

• Nice haul! I keep wanting an MS1.

• edited November 2019

The x32 works on iOS as a multitrack interface, so no reason that the xr18 won’t. And now that you can get the cck that allows charging, you are not limited by battery.

A few years ago I posted a video recording to auria on a live gig, here it is:

• edited November 2019

It was talked about here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34406/ios-compliant-multi-audio-channels-midi
    Couple of interesting options in that thread.

• Hi @ralis,

Unfortunately we're not equipped with the Behringer device, to give it a check.

I'd suggest to get in touch with Behringer about the topic.
    I'm available to have them equipped with a Cubasis promo code for testing purposes, if required.

Best wishes,
    Lars