Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which app can I use to tune existing samples in my collection to a different key than export

What iOS options exist for taking an existing audio sample and repitching to a different key than has the ability to export back into audioshare ?

Thanks fellow ninjas

Comments

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

There are lots. The first that comes to mind is:
    TwistedWave Audio Editor by TwistedWave Software Ltd. https://apps.apple.com/app/twistedwave-audio-editor/id401438496

Way more than you need, but excellent:
    BeatMaker 3 by INTUA https://apps.apple.com/app/beatmaker-3/id1060317024

Lots of other useful features:
    Anytune Pro+ by Anytune Inc. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/anytune-pro/id478293637

• I use Anytune Pro+. Easy to use, nice UI and the dev has updated fairly regularly.

• AudioStretch too.

Couldn’t you just load it in a Sampler and play a higher or lower key on the KB to do this, too?

• I was assuming speeding up the sample wasn’t an option. If that doesn’t matter ... then what he said. ^ ;)

• Awesome responses guys!!! One additional question ..

Do any of those apps listed show the new key that the sample becomes? Or will I still have to use a tuner app in conjunction to do this

I’m essentially trying to turn about 300 of my samples all into the key of C and export to audioshare

• @CracklePot said:
    AudioStretch too.

Couldn’t you just load it in a Sampler and play a higher or lower key on the KB to do this, too?

AudioLayer + SynthJacker. Thank me later.

• John this seems very interesting can you elaborate on your process?

THANKYOU

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@stuck80s said:
    Awesome responses guys!!! One additional question ..

Do any of those apps listed show the new key that the sample becomes? Or will I still have to use a tuner app in conjunction to do this

I’m essentially trying to turn about 300 of my samples all into the key of C and export to audioshare

Do you know the key that the original samples are in? All the options I mentioned allow you to re-pitch in semitones. So if you know the pitch, you can count how many to adjust by. If you don’t, then AudioLayer does have pitch detection.

Are these short one-hit samples, or longer melodic samples? Any pitch changing is going to introduce artifacts. There will be noticeable change to the sound for longer, more complicated samples.

• If you know the key of the original then blocs wave...blocs will also be able to change the BPM...so you could make everything C and 120 bpm if you so wished.