Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Don't update model 15 or model D if you're not on 13.2 Edit: Moog FIXED it!! 😊

Like the title says. They broke these apps for anyone on a lower version of IOS. Not happy about this. And all they did was note the description, to tell us. They could've at least put that note in the update notes also so I could stop the update. 😳

Edit: they have since updated these two apps (Nov 5 3pm GMT) and they now work on lower iOS versions.

Comments

• Read this too late, I updated and now both crash on launch and Model 15 doesn’t load as an audio unit. Hope they fix it for people not on 13.2 yet.

• Thanks for the warning about this!
    I probably would have updated if you did not post.

• Too late for me also.

• @cuezaireekaa said:
    Like the title says. They broke these apps for anyone on a lower version of IOS. Not happy about this. And all they did was note the description, to tell us. They could've at least put that note in the update notes also so I could stop the update. 😳

me too... and i’m usually not hasty to update anything! :(
    grrrrrr
    hurry up and fix Moogsters!

• I did upgrade on my Pro 9.7

😑😑😑

• tjatja
    edited November 2019

If a developer changes something that requires a certain level of iOS, he should of course also change the minimum version required, so that devices with a lower version simply cannot update!

The fact that Moog did not mention anything beside "AUv3 improvements" in the update message, is not only a bummer, for me it's nearly illegal.

If they don't fix this soon, I will write to their support at least.
    This can only help, if multiple people do the same!

BTW, the App simply crashes on start on iOS 12.4 - where I wanted to make sure that all my Apps work, because of the many problems of iPadOS and where I planned to never update iOS again.

• @tja said:
    If a developer changes something that requires a certain level of iOS, he should of course also change the minimum version required, so that devices with a lower version simply cannot update!

The fact that Moog did not mention anything beside "AUv3 improvements" in the update message, is not only a bummer, for me it's nearly illegal.

If they don't fix this soon, I will write to their support at least.
    This can only help, if multiple people do the same!

BTW, the App simply crashes on start on iOS 12.4 - where I wanted to make sure that all my Apps work, because of the many problems of iPadOS and where I planned to never update iOS again.

Hold your horses!

It's not intentional.

They are aware and are investigating. :)

• edited November 2019

Too late... Hope it gets fixed asap.

• Standalone is broken, but it loaded as av3 for me in aum, fwiw

• @glynn_pelton said:
    Standalone is broken, but it loaded as av3 for me in aum, fwiw

Doesn’t work either way. iOS 12.3

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@glynn_pelton said:

Doesn’t work either way. iOS 12.3

Damn, that sucks. I’m on 12.3.1

• edited November 2019

Just update your iOS for pete’s sake. Everything’s fine now, and the 64 bit purge was like 2 years ago, so there’s really no excuse and especially no reason for outrage.

Edit: my apologies if your devices will not update to 13 due to ‘phasing out’ older devices. Otherwise my statement stands.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Just update your iOS for pete’s sake. Everything’s fine now, and the 64 bit purge was like 2 years ago, so there’s really no excuse and especially no reason for outrage.

While I generally agree with this, I wouldn’t want to upgrade if my hardware didn’t work with the latest iOS (e.g Korg or Sonic Port). That said, I upgraded day 1.

• edited November 2019

Arseburgers, I’m usually weeks behind app updates but I did these yesterday.

• @mjcouche said:

@oat_phipps said:

While I generally agree with this, I wouldn’t want to upgrade if my hardware didn’t work with the latest iOS (e.g Korg or Sonic Port). That said, I upgraded day 1.

I also forgot about hardware, as well as older devices that won’t go to 13. But I figure the hardware is on the company, not Apple.

• Man I just launched Model D on the latest iOS and it sounds great! I’d forgotten how good it is

• @oat_phipps said:

Edit: my apologies if your devices will not update to 13 due to ‘phasing out’ older devices. Otherwise my statement stands.

I'm still waiting on Korg to make my Microkey-Air keyboard controller work with iPadOS.

• @horsetrainer said:
    I'm still waiting on Korg to make my Microkey-Air keyboard controller work with iPadOS.

Same - NanoKEY Studio.

• @glynn_pelton said:

Same thing here
    iPad 2015 12.9 - iOS 11.3.1

• @oat_phipps said:
    Man I just launched Model D on the latest iOS and it sounds great! I’d forgotten how good it is

Ain’t it so! Model D is by far the most important app on iOS for me. Phenomenal sounds!

• edited November 2019

@oat_phipps said:

If people aren't updating to iOS 13 or ipadOS just yet then they obviously have their own informed reasons for not doing so.

Glad all you need is working on 13. Enjoy!

• tjatja
    edited November 2019

@oat_phipps

Please what?
    There are some nice new features, but the basics simply don't work.
    I cannot do nothing.
    There is no way to send whatever file to whatever other Apps.
    There only stupid suggestions, but not the Apps that I need.
    It is simply not usable at all and this is still not fixed in any way.

Not mentioning all the other problems from this topic.0: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34901/ipados-ios-13-bugs-and-nitpicks

Also bad for me, that I cannot freely install Apps without running into major problems to deselect any Siri features.
    If I miss an App, I need to open about 700 folders to check where I did not disable Siri already.
    It like a nightmare, nothing else.

@SpookyZoo

I could swear that this second sentence about "we're investigating" was not there, before!

• There is a new update already!!!

2.1.14 and 1.2.7

Both Apps start again!

:) :) :)

• But communication with the App Store for purchase recovery does not work on iOS 12.4 for both Apps (D and 15)

• @oat_phipps said:

You haven't seen this then. Not all smooth sailing just yet. https://www.macrumors.com/2019/10/31/ios-13-2-safari-refreshing-poor-ram-management/

I'm happy Moog got it fixed!

• Was there another update? I updated three days ago, but they still both work ok.

• Latest 1.2.7 update was still crashing for me on 12.4.1

So I had to un & reinstall, losing all my non-factory patches.

Anyone have a quick link to the forum banks for D & 15? Cheers.

• I’m afraid there is something wrong with the fixed filter bank in Moog Model 15 version 2.1.13: it doesn’t update when switching presets, and doesn’t show its actual settings; what gives?

• Looks like I’m not running the latest versions, even though I only updated three days ago. I’ll stick with these then.

• @RockBottom said:
    I’m afraid there is something wrong with the fixed filter bank in Moog Model 15 version 2.1.13: it doesn’t update when switching presets, and doesn’t show its actual settings; what gives?

Can confirm I'm seeing this behaviour too.

If you move the filter then change presets the visual state of the modules are not updated.