Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Holy Cow: 600 subscribers!!!! - THANKS EVERYONE - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

I just saw that while I was on vacation, I passed the 600 subscriber mark. Thanks to everyone here who's supported the channel - hope you are all digging the videos!

Thank you!

Comments

• I thought you needed 1,000 subscribers to win the "Holy Cow". Keep working.

• @Daveypoo , it’s been a very enjoyable and educational journey. Super presentations, Knowledgable walkthroughs, thanks, keep it up .

• Let me ruin the fun of the nice even number with a plus one.

Seriously, though, I enjoy your videos because they are concise and you don’t run off on tangents or have technical hangups while operating the iPad or other hardware (or you do us all a huge favor and edit them out). So well-earned subscription in my book.

• @McD said:
    I thought you needed 1,000 subscribers to win the "Holy Cow". Keep working.

Technically you do, but I didn't think I'd get this far!

@gsm909 said:
    @Daveypoo , it’s been a very enjoyable and educational journey. Super presentations, Knowledgable walkthroughs, thanks, keep it up .

@oat_phipps said:
    Seriously, though, I enjoy your videos because they are concise and you don’t run off on tangents or have technical hangups while operating the iPad or other hardware (or you do us all a huge favor and edit them out). So well-earned subscription in my book.

Thank you both - I appreciate the feedback. Glad you're having as much fun watching as I'm having making them.

• McDMcD
    edited November 2019

Enough resting on your laurels... expose the wonder of Apesoft's Sparkle and unpack this App blurb for us with examples and detailed travels through the Frequency Domain:

Sparkle is a tool for advanced spectral hybridizations made of several algorithms that operate on frequency domain. By means of envelope preservation and phase-sync processing it can creates high-quality sound transformations.

The basic idea is to transfer the temporal structure of a sound (source) onto another sound (target) of which the spectral properties are preserved.

Simply put, you can take a voice and make it sing a Beethoven’s symphony!

It sounds like the technical basis of a vocoder app.

Or anything that suits your fancy.

• Sparkle takes the amplitude envelope of one sample and maps it to a second sample. You get a similar effect as vocoding - with a vocoder, your voice is used as the envelope to the sound from the synth. Watch my last iVCS3 video for this idea as well - the sampler in iVCS3 can take the envelope of a sample and use it as a control signal. I use the sample envelope to control the filter frequency.

• @Daveypoo I’m a bit late to the party but I’ve just gone through your Apematrix videos and finally sussed it out. So, thanks and well deserved the 600!

• Better late than never!

Appreciate you watching.

• You are clearly buying subscribers from server farms in Thailand. I can’t wait to hear the music they make!

• @Daveypoo said:
    Sparkle takes the amplitude envelope of one sample and maps it to a second sample. You get a similar effect as vocoding - with a vocoder, your voice is used as the envelope to the sound from the synth. Watch my last iVCS3 video for this idea as well - the sampler in iVCS3 can take the envelope of a sample and use it as a control signal. I use the sample envelope to control the filter frequency.

Sparkle is like playing one song with another song. It’s the closest thing to Jaron Lanier’s “play a mountain range on a saxophone” that I have ever seen.