Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Photoshop for iPad.

PhotoShop for iPad is finally out.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/adobe-photoshop/id1457771281

IAP of £9.99 a month any takers ! That’s gets you PhotoShop plus Lightroom on the desktop aswell apparently plus extras.

Comments

• Great to hear this is finally out!

Trigger warning: if you hate youtube videos with a face talking for 10 minutes and showing NOTHING, then avoid the YT link above ( no offense to the OP here).

• @Hmtx yer not the best of videos, non on their official site that I could see.

Maybe a more balanced view here.

• If you're already a Creative Cloud subscriber it includes full access to this (and other iOS Adobe apps).

I'm lucky enough to have all this paid for by my day job.

• @tk32 said:
    If you're already a Creative Cloud subscriber it includes full access to this (and other iOS Adobe apps).

Nice!

• It’s super limited like I expected. Of course adobe has said that features will come in the future but no one knows how fast. There are so many things missing that it’s hard to call this photoshop right now. Affinity is still the better option and is light years ahead

• edited November 2019

^ what he said.

And Affinity Designer will likely remain king of vector design iOS apps even if they ever get around to porting Illustrator

• @tk32 said:
    If you're already a Creative Cloud subscriber it includes full access to this (and other iOS Adobe apps).

Ditto! So far it seems ok enough, (of course limited) but I have not found non-cloud export options. Would like to start projects here and then export them to Procreate for finishing as I prefer it for painting. As always still tempted by Affinity.

• @AudioGus said:

@tk32 said:

Ditto! So far it seems ok enough, (of course limited) but I have not found non-cloud export options. Would like to start projects here and then export them to Procreate for finishing as I prefer it for painting. As always still tempted by Affinity.

You haven’t got affinity for iPad yet? Affinity was the main reason I got an iPad Pro back in 2017 lol. I saw the team show the app at the keynote and my iPad mini 4 wasn’t supported. Sold it and got a pro less than a week after. Even that first version of Affinity was better than this version of Photoshop.

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@AudioGus said:

@tk32 said:

You haven’t got affinity for iPad yet? Affinity was the main reason I got an iPad Pro back in 2017 lol. I saw the team show the app at the keynote and my iPad mini 4 wasn’t supported. Sold it and got a pro less than a week after. Even that first version of Affinity was better than this version of Photoshop.

if Procreate didn’t crop layers when you move them partially off the canvas and back again I wouldn’t want anything else. So I could see using Affinity or Photoshop for this (which I do on desktop) and then overpaint in Procreate. It is the only thing in Procreate that consistently bugs me but the navigation and painting is unmatched. They probably do it to save memory etc.

• Well since i already have an Adobe Cloud subscription through work, i welcome the addition of the tool. Did a quick little doodle in it. What’s cool is that it pairs nicely with Fresco, and honestly the Brush engine is fantastic in Photoshop and Fresco...and honestly that’s what matters most to me when drawing...that my lines feel like me...and they definitely do.

• I have it with a work account, though I never use it on desktop, anyway. I've just got it "because I can". Tried it earlier and it was good, although limited. It was used mainly so my 4-year old nephew could delete people using the scrubby thing (as you can tell, I'm not an expert!!!).

• The concept iPad is almost ten years old now, and, the super mega flashy software company Adobe release this PIECE OF SHIT??

Adobe showed a working copy of Photoshop for iPad already in october 2018, and, 13 month later they release this?

This is as powerful as Photoshop was on my pentium 75 from 1994 on Windows 3.11... Holy shit!

Skip this company and join the new era - Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher...

• edited November 2019

FWIW, if you have access to it already i think you will enjoy it. We have an embarrassment of riches on iPadOS when it comes to drawing apps. The more the merrier i always say. Nothing beats an iPad and an Apple Pencil when it comes to drawing on tablets imho.

• Although i used to really like photoshop. i’ll stick with affinity designer and affinity photo. i’m very much not a fan of the creative cloud.

• Does it hog up all system resources for editing a 10x10 px image and have a completely backwards overcomplicated UI/UX for the simplest tasks, like its desktop cousin? :D (sorry, couldn't resist. Xara Designer "forever" user here, until they got all "cloud", which is when I moved the last working "non-cloud" Xara Designer installation into an eternal VirtualBox machine.)

• @echoopera said:
    FWIW, if you have access to it already i think you will enjoy it. We have an embarrassment of riches on iPadOS when it comes to drawing apps. The more the merrier i always say. Nothing beats an iPad and an Apple Pencil when it comes to drawing on tablets imho.

I still think PS for iPad stinks...
    Already in 2012 Adobe released Photoshop Touch for iPad, and, that version, seven years ago, is superior to todays release of Photoshop for iPad...

It’s totally empty of functions compair to everything else on iPad (Affinity Photo, Artstudio Pro, Pixelmator etc.etc)...

• Does Affinity Photo let you drag layers partially off-screen, and then later drag it back retaining the whole layer? (i assume yes... (?))

• Well i use Photoshop almost everyday, so it’s a welcome addition to my iPad.

• edited November 2019

@AudioGus said:
    Does Affinity Photo let you drag layers partially off-screen, and then later drag it back retaining the whole layer? (i assume yes... (?))

Well it depends. If it’s a rastered image you are drawing on it will respect it. If it’s a Photo you import, once it’s rasterized it is clipped to the bounds of the canvas.

Photoshop appears to respect the actual size of the imported photo...and you can even erase parts of it...so it looks like it just treats it like any other rastered image...the way Photoshop would on desktop.

• @echoopera said:
    Well i use Photoshop almost everyday, so it’s a welcome addition to my iPad.

But the question is: what are you going to do with a crippled iPad-Photoshop?

The app is almost empty of functionality...

You can’t open RAW files...
    Where is Curves adjustment?
    HSL?
    Refine selection?
    Haze removal?
    Where are all nice filters from Photoshop?
    No lightning FX?
    Advanced export?

PS to iPad is almost useless...

• edited November 2019

Dunno yet. It just came out. Will see how it fits into my workflow when I get the opportunity. So far it’s no Procreate or Affinity for sure...but nice to see things coming to the platform.

I love Fresco.

• @tk32 said:

Creative cloud is an incredible value, but it’s super expensive.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@tk32 said:

Creative cloud is an incredible value, but it’s super expensive.

Line of the day and so true....

• edited November 2019

@ErrkaPetti said:

@echoopera said:
    Well i use Photoshop almost everyday, so it’s a welcome addition to my iPad.

But the question is: what are you going to do with a crippled iPad-Photoshop?

The app is almost empty of functionality...

You can’t open RAW files...
    Where is Curves adjustment?
    HSL?
    Refine selection?
    Haze removal?
    Where are all nice filters from Photoshop?
    No lightning FX?
    Advanced export?

PS to iPad is almost useless...

I don't need any of that but in iPad PS I may throw pngs with alpha together and arrange them into pleasing compositions that I then paint over in Procreate. This is assuming of course I can export a PSD to Procreate on the iPad which I am not sure I can do. This is pretty basic export, but yah it may not do even do that.

• @AudioGus said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@AudioGus said:

@tk32 said:

if Procreate didn’t crop layers when you move them partially off the canvas and back again I wouldn’t want anything else. So I could see using Affinity or Photoshop for this (which I do on desktop) and then overpaint in Procreate. It is the only thing in Procreate that consistently bugs me but the navigation and painting is unmatched. They probably do it to save memory etc.

Yes, pretty bad idea for procreate, even as some people seem to like and even use this "feature".

They also loose the original quality when resizing a selection, even if they still have all data in memory (as they can undo).

It would be better to base any additional resizing or transformation or whatever on the original data and not unnecessarily loose information.

• @tja said:

@AudioGus said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@AudioGus said:

@tk32 said:

Yes, pretty bad idea for procreate, even as some people seem to like and even use this "feature".

They also loose the original quality when resizing a selection, even if they still have all data in memory (as they can undo).

It would be better to base any additional resizing or transformation or whatever on the original data and not unnecessarily loose information.

Yah Photoshop smart objects are great for this. Just like with music apps, with Procreate i know what I am in for and work within it... (have no choice! ;) )

• @echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:
    Does Affinity Photo let you drag layers partially off-screen, and then later drag it back retaining the whole layer? (i assume yes... (?))

Well it depends. If it’s a rastered image you are drawing on it will respect it. If it’s a Photo you import, once it’s rasterized it is clipped to the bounds of the canvas.

Photoshop appears to respect the actual size of the imported photo...and you can even erase parts of it...so it looks like it just treats it like any other rastered image...the way Photoshop would on desktop.

I use Affinity Photo on the desktop on a daily basis. After using Photoshop for nearly 30 years I thought I’d give my wallet a breather.

Quirks like the one above are a pain, but I’ve been using it for a few years now so I’ve got used to it.

It’s never going to beat Photoshop for features, but for most users it’s a sensible affordable desktop alternative. Can’t comment on the Adobe app, but the iOS version of Photo is incredibly powerful.

• @MonzoPro I love the Affinity products on iPadOS. That being said, so far nothing feels quite as good as Fresco...Adobe nailed it with this app.

• I still have Photoshop Touch on my old IPad 2, I thought they should have kept building on that. Anyway as much as I hate to complain about what we pay for IOS apps, at the end of the day, both Affinity apps cost less than what you pay for Photoshop over 12 months. I’d rather pay a one time fee , especially since I don’t do anything professionally or rather not making money off graphics. I just don’t like the subscription model, the only thing I have a subscription for is more ICloud space.

• ...And Affinity Photo is on sale right now at $9,99