Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gestrument Pro sound glitches and crackles

Hello,
I bought Gestrument Pro few days ago and it’s incredible. Very nice indeed.
But... there are a lot of crackles and sound glitches almost every time I move the big dots around the screen. I tried to hard reset the iPad, delete and reinstall the app. No way, the problem is still there, even on the factory presets. I have an iPad Pro 9.7, last iPadOS. Anyone experienced that?

Comments

• did you try to change the buffer size? This can help sometimes.

• Good idea, how can I do that?

• errr.... I don't know actually :-(

• same problem here!
    ipar air 3 - latest ipad os.
    there is no setting to change Gestrument buffer!
    some1 shoud contact the coder and submit bug report...

• I can’t find any buffer setting in the app.

• Are you hosting it via IAA?
    If so you could change the buffer in AUM which should change it in GP

• edited November 2019

@JesperNordin is it possible to change buffer size in standalone?

• my bad bad glitches were in standalone.

• edited November 2019

@Carnbot said:
    Are you hosting it via IAA?
    If so you could change the buffer in AUM which should change it in GP

No, standalone. I’ll try the AUM workaround.

EDIT: even hosted in AUM with buffer at 1024, the problem is still there. :-(

• That's strange, can't say I've had this problem although I'm using it much more as a midi instrument. But if I use it standalone I'm getting no glitches. 12.9 2017

• Standalone, all the glitches on 13.1.3 new mini :/

(The app looks absolutely amazing though!)

• edited November 2019

No glitches, iPad Pro 12.9" 2017 - iPadOS 13.2

• Glitches
    Air 2 /13.1.3

• Hi everyone - sorry to hear about the glitches! We haven't experienced this yet, so all info is very welcome!

• Which iPad
    • Which iOS
    • Standalone or AUM/AB/IAA
    • Always or with some specific sounds/presets/number of voices
  • Also - are you using it with other audio apps open? Sometimes some audio apps enforce a buffer setting that stays for the entire system.
    Everyone with glitches can test to close all audio apps, reboot the device, and then open Gestrument Pro as the first audio app. Please let us know if you still get the same glitches or not!

• edited November 2019

Air 2, 12.3 No glitcherinos
    @JesperNordin

• Hi @JesperNordin,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Tried to reboot, reinstall etc. The glitches occurred both in standalone and in AUM, with several factory presets. iPad Pro 9.7, iPadOS 13.2 (but was the same with 13.1.2).
    It seems that is not related to the voices number, as the glitches are severe in a preset like “Drone Atmosphere” and almost absent in “Army of darkness”. There aren’t other apps running. I hope this helps.

• edited November 2019

@JesperNordin

nasty glitches here:
    ipad air 3 - latest ipados.
    standalone and AU.
    "orchestral" preset is a good test for this...
    only Gestrument used. no other apps open!

NOT glithching:
    ipad air 1 - ios 12.

• edited November 2019

Thanks a lot for your info! We are looking into it asap!

• Glitches: iPad Pro 2017, iOS 13.2

• No problems on Ipad 6 iOS 12.3.1

• Hi everyone - it seems to be the iPadOS 13 that is causing the issue. Could I ask if any of you have any issues with other audio apps, or is it just Gestrument? If so, could you all help me with telling me which Presets are the worst? Thanks for the help!

• edited November 2019

@JesperNordin

Industrial machinery
    Minimal technology (the worst of all)
    Drone Atmosphere
    Orchestra (especially -but not only- with all voices unmuted)
    Repeating tides
    Touching chords

• Pro1, Pro2, Pro3 all padOs 13.2, all works reliably here. Gestrument playing notes and midi, standalone as well as inside AUM/Audiobus. Never had no glitches at all. Good luck finding the issue...

• Haha - good news for you, bad news for the bug search...

• I recently bought it and am having an issue, too (iPad Pro 2018, iPadOS 13.2). Whenever I record a loop in the app (hosted in AUM), there's a drop-out in audio for a split second, which happens on each iteration of the loop. It's making the app unusable at the moment, although I'm sure it will be sorted and I absolutely love the app. Why I didn't buy it sooner, I don't know - kicking myself but hoping, also, that this weird blippy issue can be sorted.

• @JesperNordin said:
    Haha - good news for you, bad news for the bug search...

Any news?

• We are looking at it, and it's so difficult to find it since som iPads have the issue and some don't, some times the same OS and model!! We will keep you posted though - it's a nightmare for us as well!

• Thanks @JesperNordin, I love Gestrument Pro though. It’s a marvelous app, so we all hope you’ll fix that issue. All the best.

• edited November 2019

@JesperNordin Had a quick run through to see if I had the same crackles/pops.

Tried on an iPhone SE running iOS 13.2.3... mostly because that's what I had in my hand and because I hadn't recalled that Gestrument Pro is actually Universal. Sweet!

Anyway... I didn't hear any crackles with a quick custom set up where I added about 3 nodes. Then I started trying presets. Got through about 5 of them with no crackles and it played fine.

Until I got to the "Touching Chords Vertical" preset (I think that's what it's called). Got fairly obnoxious crackling in that one consistently and repeatable.

So, I tried again, but on an iPad 10.5 Pro also running iOS 13.2.3. Everything fine until I got to the same "Touching Chords Vertical" preset. Not as bad as on the iPhone SE, but still repeatable and obvious.

I haven't noticed any crackles/pops with other audio apps lately.

Hope that helps