Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - November 2019

124»

Comments

• edited November 2019

@richardyot said:

Lots of great discussion this month.

Love it!

And it is nice to have a lot of different styles and genres represented here, which makes it more interesting than it would be with only one kind of music...

@DavidEnglish said:
    @uglyskratch
    Very good in-your-face track with interesting change-overs. Some nice surprises (cool reference to dopamine) keep it moving to a strong finish.

Thanks for listening and the feedback 🙏 The 'strong finish' was Pure Acid 😉

@kinkujin said:
    Uglysktratch! Took the time to listen.
    That was a surprise and very hip. 2-1/2 years? Get out!! Very very cool. I have no real critique - very well done and looking forward to hearing more from you. Yeah man.

Thanks man! Yeah 2 1/2 years... And my first DAW Experience (Garageband) last year in February... IPad since almost a year... Now I use only Beatmaker 3 as my main tool. With all its bugs and crashes 🙄😜

@qryss said:
    @uglyskratch Nice track. Not my usual fare for listening but really interesting to listen to - a nicely restrained mixture of things to delight the ears. The mix is great, the instrumentation and sample choices are excellent. Really nothing to fault and lots to enjoy. Looking forward to hearing what else you can do!

And thanks for your comments on my tiny piece. Much appreciated. I don’t know the soundtrack you reference but I’ll look it up. :)

Thanks my friend 🙏 Yeah look up that soundtrack! You might like it! But don't start playing that game, you might end up like me 😜 If i would've put that time in making music... 😁

Interesting that you guys say, the mix is good... That is very valuable feedback for me, because not long ago everything still sounded muddy... So apparently there is some progress, which I couldn't judge so good by myself... Thanks for your ears guys 👍

@klownshed said:
    @uglyskratch

I liked your track. It does have that kind of DJ Shadow vibe. If I could suggest one thing it would be to give the main drum loop a bit more groove maybe? I like it, but it sounds a bit drum-machinery In context rather than sampled or chopped up loop which could suit the overall sound if the track a bit more maybe?

Thinking about DJ Shadow Perhaps I’m too biased about his early stuff which was so much better than anything post private press.

If you haven’t already listened I can thoroughly recommend Psyence Fiction by UNKLE. Much maligned at the time but I think it’s one of the best things DJ shadow has ever done. Take a listen to ‘guns blazing’ and you’ll see where I’m coming from about the drums. And then you’ll Also realise how out of touch and irrelevant I am :-)

Hey man thanks for the extensive review. I see you're the man listening for the technical details. I like that! And I hear you and you're right with your observation. I'm still lacking the skill to arrange my drums more organic... That drumbeat came out of Grooverider GR16... Only in the 'I go crazy' - Part is some drumbreak sample from some obscure youtube find...
    But In Grooverider you can push things around and off the grid... You think I should play around with it and push things a bit around to not sound too quantized?

And DJ Shadow I missed completely back in the days... Just after @richardyot mentioned him a few days ago, I started listening to his early stuff... Was probably too much into Portishead and Tricky in that time... And that Unkle Album I will check it out. Seen it already in my YouTube Recommendations...

• @uglyskratch said:
    Hi guys! This is my first post in this (amazing) forum...

I started making music about 2 1/2 years ago with the Tascam DP008 Portable Studio, an acoustic guitar and some apps (Nanoloop!!!) on my Samsung Phone...

I am kind of a seasoned bike traveller and so my setup had to be mobile... 2018 then I settled for a whole year, earned some money and invested in gear before returning to the bike in March... And went mobile recording again. Bought me some iPad and (too much) apps... :-P

It turned out, that the trip was too exhausting and I had no energy left to invest in creating music in the end of the Day... Now stationary again since end of september and slowly relearning my tools again...

So here's a track I recorded yesterday in Beatmaker 3. Also used Grooverider GR 16 for the drums and short voice samples and Pure Acid for that short Bassline... Guitar, Vocals, Drumbreak and Synth all sampled from Various Songs I've found in the /vintageobscura Thread on Reddit... Best substitute for Crate Digging I've found since sold my vinyl collection back in 2008...

Okay, sorry for the long blabla, but since it's my first post, I've felt for some Introduction :-P
    Will now enjoy listening slowly through your songs guys and give my 5 cents to it...

Greetings from Poland,
    Rene

Listen to Oneone Twotwo (I go crazy) by uglyskratch #np on #SoundCloud

@uglyskratch welcome to the forum. It’s been great to see so many new faces in the last couple of months. The first word that came to my head to describe your track was eclectic. A real mish mash of sounds that really work together. The great thing about this forum is you get to hear things that are out of your comfort zone. Great production as well. Yes I think I really liked it.

• @orchardman said:

@uglyskratch welcome to the forum. It’s been great to see so many new faces in the last couple of months. The first word that came to my head to describe your track was eclectic. A real mish mash of sounds that really work together. The great thing about this forum is you get to hear things that are out of your comfort zone. Great production as well. Yes I think I really liked it.

Thanks for your review 🙏 Much appreciated! Yes really a nice mix of styles. Very inspiring!

• @uglyskratch i apologize you feel that way. . i agree with you . and im guilty of not checkimg this forum. im having troubles with the law and stuff . but your song was amazing. sound of the 80s to me . great use of samplea to make a beat. its lile listening to a great dj like mixmaster mike at the begining of a beasty boys show. about my song i lifted to volume to create a build up to the end maybe over did it.. but i appreciate the time u took to contribute and welcome to the forum

• @trackedout said:
    @uglyskratch i apologize you feel that way. . i agree with you . and im guilty of not checkimg this forum. im having troubles with the law and stuff . but your song was amazing. sound of the 80s to me . great use of samplea to make a beat. its lile listening to a great dj like mixmaster mike at the begining of a beasty boys show. about my song i lifted to volume to create a build up to the end maybe over did it.. but i appreciate the time u took to contribute and welcome to the forum

No worries mate! Thanks for taking your time and listen. Much appreciated 🙏 But ooh, troubles with law and stuff don't sound good 😯 Hope all will turn out good for you bro! 'Such a Hassle...

• @uglyskratch A very exciting « collage ». In a very different style it reminds me some Zappa’s pieces with abrupt breaks and different atmospheres. Bravo !

• @Kitusai said:
    @uglyskratch A very exciting « collage ». In a very different style it reminds me some Zappa’s pieces with abrupt breaks and different atmospheres. Bravo !

Thanks for taking your time! Much appreciated 🙏 Oh Zappa! Was just listening some interviews with him a few days ago... Found some nice samples ;-) Funny and smart guy! Actually from his music I know only the Hot Rats Album, which I really dig.

• @uglyskratch Yes, Hot rats is probably one of his best album! I saw him on stage when he was touring for Zoot Allures. A fabulous musician unfortunatly I don’t understand his lyrics.