Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is anyone using the Behringer x Air series?

Is anyone using the Behringer x Air series for recording?

Is it useable as an audio interface?
Do apps see it as audio ins/outs?
Can I do multi track recording as well as mixing live?

Is it compatible with BM3/Auria Pro/AUM/AB2 or AB3?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• No need to answer.

I've done the research.

The x air 18 or the x air ipad/android model
    can be used as a bi-directional audio interface.
    The x12 and the x16 can only record stereo so these two models
    are great as live mixers but not so great for multi tracking.

• The units have 4 FX busses with lots good effects from TC Electronics... it uses its own mixer app on iPad ..i wonder how it works together with AUM?

• I wonder how many audio inputs the X18 Air will show on iOS...

• Pretty sure all 18 inputs can be used on the XR18 - I've not plugged mine into the iPad for a while, but have done it before.

One heads up - the current X-Air mixer control software is crashing for me on the most recent iOs update (13.2?) - when I click on a channel name to bring up the channels parameters: EQ, Dynamics etc. the app just totally crashes.

I've tried hard restarting the iPad. I might try deleting and re-installing the app.

Luckily I have another 3rd party app on the iPad that I can use to control the XR-18 or saturday's gig would have been a nightmare. (although to be fair I did have my MacBook with me in a bag)