Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 keyboard transposition

edited November 2019 in General App Discussion

Hi. The transposition feature in NS2 is a bit weird to me. Like I'm glad it exists, but it seems way more abstract then letting you chose the root note when you have the keyboard set to a scale. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Maybe there's some usefulness to that method I don't grok.

Comments

• You just have to scroll to the new root, rather than pick it directly from a list or type it in.
    Just look at the lower note on the KB and it is not really that confusing or abstract.
    The upper (original) note display is distracting a bit, but just ignore that if you can.

• Is there a transpose button somewhere in NS2 like Cubasis? So far in NS2 to transpose a midi track up an octave for instance I go to the piano roll editor .. select all notes .. then move em all up an octave .. it works, but in Cubasis there is a transpose button which you touch then move the slider left or right to move the pitch of everything in the track however much you want in semi-tones or octaves .. a much quicker method. Though I’ve had NS2 since day one I’m just now starting to explore it.

• @cloudswimmer said:
    Is there a transpose button somewhere in NS2 like Cubasis? So far in NS2 to transpose a midi track up an octave for instance I go to the piano roll editor .. select all notes .. then move em all up an octave .. it works, but in Cubasis there is a transpose button which you touch then move the slider left or right to move the pitch of everything in the track however much you want in semi-tones or octaves .. a much quicker method. Though I’ve had NS2 since day one I’m just now starting to explore it.

No, you’re not missing anything. NS2 doesn’t have that function.

• @wim said:

@cloudswimmer said:
    Is there a transpose button somewhere in NS2 like Cubasis? So far in NS2 to transpose a midi track up an octave for instance I go to the piano roll editor .. select all notes .. then move em all up an octave .. it works, but in Cubasis there is a transpose button which you touch then move the slider left or right to move the pitch of everything in the track however much you want in semi-tones or octaves .. a much quicker method. Though I’ve had NS2 since day one I’m just now starting to explore it.

Are you using these on the right side of the piano roll?

• @anickt said:

@wim said:

@cloudswimmer said:

That’s inside the piano roll. @cloudswimmer is already doing it that way, but was looking for a way to do it from the timeline for one or more selected clips all at once.

• @wim said:

@anickt said:

@wim said:

@cloudswimmer said:

That’s inside the piano roll. @cloudswimmer is already doing it that way, but was looking for a way to do it from the timeline for one or more selected clips all at once.

@wiim Based on what he posted I thought it possible that he was just grabbing and dragging. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen people not be aware of shortcuts in the UI. Been there myself! :D