Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Oscillating Echoes: 20 Ambient and Lo-Fi presets for Sugar Bytes Factory

124»

Comments

• edited November 2019

@richardyot said:
    Factory is a great synth, but most of the included presets are too gritty and noisy for me, so I've made a set of presets that coax some more beautiful and ethereal sounds from the synth. The sounds have a Lo-Fi aesthetic and are suitable for ambient or experimental music, with lots of evolving textures and atmospheric sounds.

Download the presets here

And I've made a video showcasing the sounds as well as explaining how to install them:

Just to say that on iOS13 you can bypass AudioShare if you’re downloading directly from a link (as in this case) and not from Dropbox. The download manager in Safari itself lets you unzip and then you can move the files directly into the Factory user folder.

For the Dropbox patch links later in the thread, however, you do unfortunately still have to get them into AudioShare to unzip, it seems, as Dropbox links don’t go directly to the Files app.

These patches have led to me spending an hour on Factory. It’s great when you get into it! Am creating some patches to be used in Nanostudio 2 compositions, it’s fun to sequence the filter cutoff!

• Thanks so much I shall try this later. I think I’m going wrong with finding the zip file. Thanks for all your help :-)

• @richardyot said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    At the moment I’m in love with LaGrange and exploring its potential. Hoping to get a huge bank of all sorts of sounds done for it. I really like the various routing options in it.

Keep up the awesome sound design! 😊🙏

Have you seen this:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/35553/new-adventures-in-lo-fi-25-ambient-and-lo-fi-presets-for-icegear-lagrange-now-with-demo-video

Hey Richard, I love your soundbank for LaGrange. Just my kind of lovely ambient pluck sounds and atmos. Well done and thanks for sharing. Really appreciating these sounds. I’m working on a bank of sounds for LaGrange, including some different glitchy rhymical drum/bass patches which sound a bit like Ruismaker Noir. LaGrange is such a cool and versatile synth. 👊😎🙏

• edited November 2019

@richardyot said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    At the moment I’m in love with LaGrange and exploring its potential. Hoping to get a huge bank of all sorts of sounds done for it. I really like the various routing options in it.

Have you seen this:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/35553/new-adventures-in-lo-fi-25-ambient-and-lo-fi-presets-for-icegear-lagrange-now-with-demo-video

Hey @richardyot @craftycurate @thesoundtestroom @Junebug here is a short example of what I’m trying to do with LaGrange for a possible new soundbank. I’m aiming to make a selection of rhythmical glitchy drum/perc/bass type sounds that behave and sound more like Ruismaker Noir or something. Basically you just have to hold down one note and let the synced LFOs and inbuilt sequencer/arp do the rest! This audio example comes from just one single patch providing hi hat, and tuned perc/drum/synth bass sounds. This type of patch might be useful as a backing or base on which to add pads/scapes etc

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu3b2nb3jy9e28m/Lagrange Demo Spidericemidas.wav?dl=0

• @Spidericemidas said:

@richardyot said:

@Spidericemidas said:

Have you seen this:

Hey @richardyot @craftycurate @thesoundtestroom @Junebug here is a short example of what I’m trying to do with LaGrange for a possible new soundbank. I’m aiming to make a selection of rhythmical glitchy drum/perc/bass type sounds that behave and sound more like Ruismaker Noir or something. Basically you just have to hold down one note and let the synced LFOs and inbuilt sequencer/arp do the rest! This audio example comes from just one single patch providing hi hat, and tuned perc/drum/synth bass sounds. This type of patch might be useful as a backing or base on which to add pads/scapes etc

Sounds good, definitely an interesting direction.

• I've done stuff like what you describe in Kronecker, @Spidericemidas. I'm still on the fence about Lagrange as I haven't heard anything I can't do elsewhere. Can you do different things with Lagrange than Kronecker with regards to rhythmic stuff like you describe?

• @Spidericemidas said:

Sounds great. Keep it up ...

I’m working on a couple of things too in Factory ... will post an audio demo soon.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @StudioES said:
    These are lovely Factory & Lagrange presets @richardyot ! Thanks a bunch!
    Amazing @craftycurate ! Very helpful PDF too! That's for all the effort!

You’re welcome! Have fun and hope it sparks off your own creativity ... 🎹

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I've done stuff like what you describe in Kronecker, @Spidericemidas. I'm still on the fence about Lagrange as I haven't heard anything I can't do elsewhere. Can you do different things with Lagrange than Kronecker with regards to rhythmic stuff like you describe?

I have Kronecker but I must admit I have never had a go at programming it myself, so I don’t really know how it would compare to LaGrange. It is on my list for exploring further.

Maybe for the rhythmical stuff there might not be that much difference between them. But maybe the selection of various OSC-Filter-AMP routing options in LaGrange might offer different possibilities compared to Kronecker?

• @Spidericemidas said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I've done stuff like what you describe in Kronecker, @Spidericemidas. I'm still on the fence about Lagrange as I haven't heard anything I can't do elsewhere. Can you do different things with Lagrange than Kronecker with regards to rhythmic stuff like you describe?

I have Kronecker but I must admit I have never had a go at programming it myself, so I don’t really know how it would compare to LaGrange. It is on my list for exploring further.

Maybe for the rhythmical stuff there might not be that much difference between them. But maybe the selection of various OSC-Filter-AMP routing options in LaGrange might offer different possibilities compared to Kronecker?

Very likely!

• @RockBottom said:
    if you want to install the presets

• open factory
    • go to the setting tab
    • tap on the preferences button
    • then tap on the icloud tab
    • make sure that the icloud sync is on

then you can quit out of factory

open the files app

• go to the icloud drive section
    • look in factory
    • look in presets
    • and look in user

any file that are in that folder will appear in your user presets folder in factory

so what you should do is

• download the zip file with the presets
    • unzip them in audioshare
    • then use files to open the folder inside the zip
    • select all the files inside it
    • and copy them into this presets/user folder in factory

and the way you access them [in factory] is, if you are on the cloud setting, and if you open the presets, what you should do is just tap on the folder and go to user, and that's where you'll find all the presets that you've just installed.

Nicely done :) You should be getting work in this field :)

• Bumping this thread to give @richardyot big big ups for these awesome preset packs! I bought myself Factory and Lagrange just so I could use these packs and am super stoked on them! Both will feature heavily in my upcoming projects

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Bumping this thread to give @richardyot big big ups for these awesome preset packs! I bought myself Factory and Lagrange just so I could use these packs and am super stoked on them! Both will feature heavily in my upcoming projects

Thanks! Glad you like them. I’m working on a pack for Obsidian in NS2 for some time next year.

• @richardyot said:

@Gaia.Tree said:
    Bumping this thread to give @richardyot big big ups for these awesome preset packs! I bought myself Factory and Lagrange just so I could use these packs and am super stoked on them! Both will feature heavily in my upcoming projects

Thanks! Glad you like them. I’m working on a pack for Obsidian in NS2 for some time next year.

Yea! Some time next year starts shortly!

• I followed the video, and they're in my Factory User folder in iCloud Drive, but the User folder isn't appearing in Factory. I've rebooted my iPad. What might I be missing?

• @andowrites said:
    I followed the video, and they're in my Factory User folder in iCloud Drive, but the User folder isn't appearing in Factory. I've rebooted my iPad. What might I be missing?

Have you set the preference in Factory for iCloud sync to be on?

• edited February 2021

I also copied to user folder, iCloud sync is on but couldn’t see user folder in factory. Rebooted iPad and it has appeared. Thanks for the lovely presets

• edited February 2023

My iCloud sync button is greyed out?
    I already have a user folder, but not the same presets in it?

• Does anyone know how to delete user presets?

• Nvm…deleted the app reinstalled, set sync preferences as expected, presets are there!
    Thanks folks!

• Late to the party: thanks for these amazing presets!

• edited December 2023

Hello Factory Crew.. Does anyone have these presets to share please - as link is now 404 it is 4years ago

@craftycurate said:
    Quick note to say I've updated the download links, to separate the patches and PDF into two downloads, which means I can update them separately.

Patches: http://bit.ly/SBFactoryPatches01
    PDF: http://bit.ly/SBFactoryGuide01

• @jollyDodger said:
    Hello Factory Crew.. Does anyone have these presets to share please - as link is now 404 it is 4years ago

@craftycurate said:
    Quick note to say I've updated the download links, to separate the patches and PDF into two downloads, which means I can update them separately.

Patches: http://bit.ly/SBFactoryPatches01
    PDF: http://bit.ly/SBFactoryGuide01

Ha I was clearing out Dropbox just the other day ... here are updated links.

Here they are again:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6c9xksq126042h6/Factory Patches.zip?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsn579719df8ri7/Sugar Bytes Factory Tips.pdf?dl=0

• @craftycurate said:
    Ha I was clearing out Dropbox just the other day ... here are updated links.

<3

• By the way, is there an option to store presets locally instead of on iCloud? I couldn't manage to do it. I'm asking as iCloud files can be offloaded by the system when "needed", although I would like to always have my presets at hand.

I was hoping that unchecking iCloud sync in Factory settings would do the trick but when I launch the app, I still can see my icloud presets, which means (I guess) that it's still using icloud.

Thanks!