Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

CPU benchmark for Mood vs Model D on iPad Pro 11"

edited November 2019 in Support and Feedback

Hello,

I really do love the presets and sound AND the arpegiatore of the Model D.
Problem is, even on an iPad Pro 11", you can't have 2 Auv3 instances running without any random massive CPU overload...

Does anybody is using both apps, on an iPad Pro 11" ?
Could you tell me if CPU spikes are happening with Mood ?
Also, I really like the arp of the Model D, and the classic presets...
Are they also nice on the Mood ?
I read the manual, but seems the arp can't be on his own, it's like a step sequencer ?!
Am I wrong ?

Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• edited November 2019

hm that is weird... which host app ? I can run 6 instances of Model D in Nanostudio on iPad Mini 5 (A12 CPU) - buffer size medium (5.3ms), cpu load steady 81%, no single one crack/peak...

• Mood is lighter. I can’t run more than two Model D’s on my Air2.

• Btw look also at "Viking Synth" - costs almost nothing, but it's secret model d clone (almost same architecture), sounds really great and needs significantly less CPU than Model D

Anyway, just two instances with CPU spikes on 11" pro that sounds like something is broken,.. maybe too small buffer or some issue with Host app...

• 3 instances of Model D in AUM and another preset of 1each of Model15, Mood and Neo Soul Keys Studio on Pro 11” everything good as gold.

• Hmm, thanks all :)
    I think I set the latency in AUM too high (128) I'm going back to 256...
    It's not only Model D, lots of effects and some other synths, but the spikes are happening all the time with Model D.

@dendy I'll check Viking synths...