Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Configuring Thumbjam and audiobus - no audio in AB

Sorry, can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've added 3 apps to audiobus to route them to loopy.

In two cases, BeatHawk and Korg Module, all is working fine and the audio shows up in Loopy.

For Thumbjam, though, seems no audio is coming back into audiobus ... it's getting to the headphone jack just fine, simply not via audiobus (the 'meter' on the mixer page does not move, unlike the other two apps).

I've tinkered with Settings in both apps, restarted all the apps several times and I've googled. Must be something I've missed, ... can't figure it out.

Comments

• Cracked it. It appears you have to load thumbjam before audiobus, or at least wait for thumbjam to fully load, before creating the channel. I just saved my preset without checking if everything was working ok, and every time I loaded it, it didn't work for thumbjam.

Figured it out from this video: youtube.com/watch?v=DVm7CIzgwfY