Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looptical v1.1 Universal Released!

edited February 2014 in General App Discussion

...and it's live!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/looptical/id606186063?mt=8

Source: https://www.facebook.com/MooCowMusic

And yet, another great promo vid from MooCowMusic:

From their Facebook page:

Looptical V1.1 update released today.

Change list:

• Added Universal iPad support. Looptical is now native to both iPhone and iPad.

• Updated the Single and Dual keyboards to include drag scrolling with scroll lock and the ability to link upper and lower keyboard scroll.

• Added drumpad velocity. Hit left of pad for quieter sounds, right for louder. This can be combined with the existing Velocity slider.

• Selecting a loop in the Loop Bank while playing now cues new loops to switch at the next bar, instead of instantly switching, for better auditioning of loops.

• Added optional soft-clip filter for repeated overdubbing of an audio recording.

• Touch or drag the Audio Track screen (or Audio Recorder on iPad) to scrub through the track.

• Added Recording Delay value for users to fine-tune latency of recorded audio from certain external audio apps.

• Added Phase Cancellation detection to automatically flip the phase of the right channel to compensate. This only effects a very specific guitar effects app via AudioBus when it takes Mic as input.

• Added more opportunity for automatic project saving to occur. Now saves when selecting a new loop or accessing Mixer page if not saved in the last three minutes.

• Fixed a very infrequent bug where the project appeared to vanish from the project list because the app was interrupted while copying data to the backup folder.

• Fixed a bug with MIDI export where a certain MIDI timestamp delta caused the MIDI file not to be recognized by Pro Tools.

• Fixed a bug with displaying user chord names in the Chord Guitar settings screen.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Nice video! That's how you sell an app. I'd jump on it right after watching that if I didn't already have it.

• edited February 2014

Nice nostalgic video!

Havent seen the 30-pin connector in years! ;)

• edited February 2014

His documentation is excellent, too! He really puts in the effort on all fronts!

http://moocowmusic.com/Looptical/LoopticalManual-iPad.pdf

http://moocowmusic.com/Looptical/LoopticalManual-iPhone.pdf

• Price drop as well.

• Wow. That video is amazing. I think I'm gonna buy this right now.

• Some notes on the song used in the promo (which may or may not be obvious):

• One half of the guitar "call and response" is a real guitar recorded using the Apogee Jam interface, through JamUpPro, and Audiobus to an Audio Track in Looptical where additional effects were added.

• The harmonica was recorded straight into the iPad internal mic and again through JamUp for amp modelling, before forming another AudioTrack in Looptical.

• All other tracks (drums, piano, horns, bass, guitar) use native Looptical instruments.

• At the end of the song a new user instrument is created from cut-up sections of recorded harmonica and played back live on pads in an MPC style.

Source:

Can you tell I really like this app? :o)

• Cool - I like the applause at the end too!

• Looks like a halfway decent chop lab in there.

• I'm enjoying Looptical as well.

Did you have any problems using JamUp into Looptical? I haven't tried it with the version that came out today, but when I tried it before, it didn't really work right. I only got the clean signal from my guitar, no amp or effect from jamup itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• How about the sounds included in the app? Thanks.

• edited February 2014

@fjcblanco said:

How about the sounds included in the app? Thanks.

Plenty to choose from. And it sounds good to me at least, both acoustic instruments and electronic/synths. There are more instruments up for download over at the official site/forum (or was at least when I checked a few months back).

The various playing interfaces help out here too. If you load up a guitar sound, you can switch from keyboard view to a guitar chord/strum view. Besides the keyboard and guitar strummer interface, there's a scale/blades UI with included scales and ability to make your own, and a granular view where you can play on top of the wave getting all kinds of weird results, and finally an MPC style drum pad interface.

• Thanks, @ChrisG...saving some money for this one.

• Anyone having a issue of Looptical loading random IAA nodes?

• Great video!

• Yeah loading random inputs in IAA

• I'm having the same glitch, dev followed up on the moocow forum already

• Hey everyone. Thanks for your nice comments!

30 pin connector in the video: Ha! I didn't really think about that, but at least it shows how usable the app is on the iPad3. Many people even manage with an iPad2 with some reduction in the most expensive insert effects.

Included sounds: 95 keyboard-based and 50 drum kits. Everything in that video except for the obvious harmonica and live guitar. And you can create your own keyboard or pad instruments very easily from samples, as I do at the end of the video. You can also easily export and import instruments, and there are already quite a few that Looptical users have created and can be downloaded from our forum.

IAA: Someone has mentioned in the support forum that selection of an IAA instrument is difficult and I'll look into that and fix as soon as I can. Audiobus is unaffected by this.

Random request: If you make a great tune with Looptical, please share it on our forum, add it to the SoundCloud Looptical group, or just mail me a link ([email protected]). I love hearing them, and am happy to give the best tracks promotion on our Facebook page or website.

• Love this app, Mark is extremely responsive and helpful. It's apps like this and gadget make me want to upgrade my humble ipad 2. One day!

• Is MIDI-sync IN/OUT supported?
    WIST?

• Regarding midi, just wanted to say that it would be nice if app could send midi notes, so the nice keyboard could be used to control other apps. More than 1 input channel for midi notes would also be useful.
    Also, export of midi file via open-in would be useful.

• Anyone use this anymore?

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Anyone use this anymore?

I think we use to date in High School, but it's been a long while....(but I bet someone's still making good stuff out of it....)

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Anyone use this anymore?

I reinstalled it last friday. :wink:
    still dig it