Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synclavier Go! Updated with MPE support

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1378108734

Version: 1.21

Go! now supports MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) for control surfaces such as the Roli Seaboard, LinnStrument, Continuum, and so on. And you can search timbres via hashtags.

Comments

• Very good news! Now hoping for a sale......

• AUv3..........Soon we hope

• @oldschoolwillie said:
    AUv3..........Soon we hope

+1

• edited November 2019

in the Timbre/Timbre and Keyboard Effects section I was able to map aftertouch (Press) to the Volume parameter. The result is that the sounds volume goes from zero to maximum the more I press a key. Not very usable, but at least a confirmation that the new MPE implementation is working, as well as pitch bend per note.

Now, are there some tips how to create some meaningful expressive patches for MPE keyboards? I tried the Slide and Strike Expression Sources, in the hope to find the y-axis as expression, but it has no effect. It would be good to have at least one patch (timbre) with pressure and y-axis mapped to meaningful destinations. If anyone has made one or more patches, I'd be grateful if it could be explained or shared. Thank you in advance.

Edit: alright, I just discovered that there is an MPE category in the library. Not very usable patches, but at least a better start. No y-axis action as far as I can see.

• It's on sale

Down from $29.99 to $19.99

• edited March 2020

• edited March 2020

• Are you sure this is an AUv3, as I can’t see where it states this on the description...I do have poor eyesight though :)

• edited March 2020

• Still on 1.21 here in the U.K. hopefully will update soon.

• Did anyone ever manage to find out if this does actually implement mpe well?

• More importantly, what’s with all the deleted users since March 12?

• @Gavinski said:
    Did anyone ever manage to find out if this does actually implement mpe well?

Not me, I can't cope with the sound and the interface it's just too complicated for me.

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    More importantly, what’s with all the deleted users since March 12?

It seems like the same guy has made several comments on the app and left the forum. It happens.

• What do you dislike about the sound? @despego

• I don't know, maybe that it is locked in time? That it takes me to a certain era (which I particularly don't like too much)?

There are synths that are not that locked in time, they just help create a certain atmosphere. this is not one of these.

but the most important thing is that I don't want to spend that time in tweaking all those parameters. See how fast you can come up with something usable with Ripplemaker, for instance or Zeeon, even Model 15 (if you know what you're doing).

anyway, it is just me.

• Cool, thnx

• edited June 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Did anyone ever manage to find out if this does actually implement mpe well?

In the Timbre tab, you can press and hold the Slide (y-axis) or the Press (poly-AT) button and press (assign) another button like FM Ratio. However, I don't see an option to define the amount or range of the modulation, but often it works well without range settings.