Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

APHELIAN 1.1.0 is out ! (with AUv3 support)

Comments

• @JuanB said:

@CracklePot said:

@Bon_Tempi said:
    Would something like this be possible to implement? Is it planned? Or is there already another way or workaround to get the same result?

Maybe the same snapshot system from the main app will make it into the AU when the AU Sequencer update/version is released.
    I am referring to the Scene/Song features of the main app.

I agree, the sequencer scenes could be used to accomplish something like this.

The idea is to switch scenes using MIDI commands. The snapshot idea could benefit from something like this. Maybe later we could add a MIDI command to add and scenes and complete the workflow :)

This will be great, if I Implemented in some form. I’ve just downloaded the update, which I think, overall, was a good move on your part. Yeah, some people will moan, but they’ll soon get over it 🙂

• edited November 2019

@robosardine said:
    I can’t find Aphelian as an AU anywhere in Audiobus3 or AUM even after the latest update in either the audio or midi lanes.

Shows up for me in both hosts, no problems. Thanks, @JuanB!

@Carnbot said:
    Great, looking forward to the sequencer AU too :smile:

Same here. It's an inspiring arp but will be fun as a sequencer, too.

• @Halftone said:
    I posted this in creations thread already, figured I'd share here too

Little jam using 3 instances of Aphelian with Zeeon, Factory, SM1, Troublemaker, Future Drummer, and a few effects apps.

Very nice and groovy. Good stuff.

• Aphelian is absolutely amazing! Thanks for the great update!

• Version 1.1.2 is released.
    It should appear in the store soon.

New Features:

• 30 New presets in the Event Palette.
    • AUv3: Select the the MIDI output channel.
    • AUv3: Fixed bug: Now you can hold & drag to move the shapes.
    • Standalone app: 10 New color schemes.

@_ki said:
      @JuanB It would be helpful for if one could change the AUs midi output channel and if this new setting would be stored/recalled in a preset and session.

The issue was fixed! There is a new MIDI configuration panel at the top-left corner.
    Thanks for reporting!

• Thanks a lot for the update - i just tested the midi output state saving and everything works fine :)
    The 'list of midi generators' wiki page has been modified accordingly.

The new features are welcome and i will have some fun using them later this evening.

• Super awesome app and dev team! Thanks!

• Clever and pretty - just how I like my apps.

Must admit I found the midi routing in the standalone pretty clunky ... kept wishing it could hook up more like Fugue Machine's playheads via independent input channels in AUM fer instance - any chance of that?... but it's a lovely gadget to tinker with nonetheless. Especially getting it out of its comfort zone with running a decent brass section or a choir. Bucket of fun.

• @JuanB said:

@e121 said:
    @JuanB

A few more thoughts here, for your consideration:

The window currently only has one size, and doesn’t resize too well in AUM. There’s also no way to scroll, so parts are always cut off unless you go full screen. Full screen however leaves no room for an on screen keyboard to play, both in AUM and Cubasis.

Makes it less than ideal to work with.

Solutions could be:

1. Some way to scroll around when not in full screen. Scroll bars, some sort of tap and drag combination. Something.

2. Or a window that automatically resized. Some other AUs do this. One downside is that the UI can get pretty small.

3. Redo the UI to accommodate for a half screen view, maybe with tabs or something.

I think option 1 might not only be the easiest but also the best, because it’s versatile enough for any host.

Just some thoughts. Great concept, but the interface is as I say less than ideal.

Yes! We thought about a scroll bar. It's a fact: the window behaviour could be improved, and it is important because it affects the workflow. We have to analyze what happens in different hosts, there are variations between them. We willl work on this.

Thanks for the feedback!

On second thought, my vote would be for a new interface that fit into a half window size, the size for Cubasis. Why? Because having everything in front of you is best, no need for scrolling or anything. Quick access.

Not sure if that’s feasible, and mildly annoying that there are no real standards for this, but hopefully you come up with something good.

• @robosardine said:
    I can’t find Aphelian as an AU anywhere in Audiobus3 or AUM even after the latest update in either the audio or midi lanes.

Same. Must have something to do with it changing type to MIDI Processor. Maybe there’s some flag that has to be thrown in the Audiobus SDK?

• Shows up for me

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

Nvm. I was on the audio page, not the midi page. It’s showing up fine here. @robosardine maybe try running the standalone once first?

• @JuanB Not getting any midi out triggering using the new Sequencer in beta ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @JuanB Not getting any midi out triggering using the new Sequencer in beta ?

In my setup the midi output is working...
    The default configuration is now empty, maybe you need to add some notes and events to get sound output.
    Thanks for the feedback!

• Version 1.2.0 is out:

• @White said:
    Version 1.2.0 is out:

Thank you @JuanB and and the Aphelian team!
    🤙🏻

• @White said:
    Version 1.2.0 is out:

@JuanB said:

@Jumpercollins said:

The default configuration is now empty, maybe you need to add some notes and events to get sound output.
    Thanks for the feedback!

@JuanB Ok all sorted it always the simple things !

• @Jumpercollins said:

@White said:
    Version 1.2.0 is out:

@JuanB said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Thanks for the feedback!

How do I get the sequencer to work? I’m in AUM but can’t generate any sound from the sequencer mode. For in advance for being a bit fick.

• edited November 2019

Holy Shiznit, this is so much fun in sequencer mode! Get 2 or 3 of these running simultaneously and instant endless possibilities. Wow.

• Yay! There goes my evening ^_^

• edited November 2019

Was having so much fun earlier that I started up a screen recording. This is very rough as I am just jamming around with Aphelian but maybe you get some ideas by watching my lil jam.

• @audio_DT said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@White said:
    Version 1.2.0 is out:

@JuanB said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Thanks for the feedback!

How do I get the sequencer to work? I’m in AUM but can’t generate any sound from the sequencer mode. For in advance for being a bit fick.

Just send the Midi to a synth/sound module.
    And make sure you select your Notes in the Aphelian Keyboard, and hit Play in the Host.

• @CracklePot said:

@audio_DT said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@White said:
    Version 1.2.0 is out:

@JuanB said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Thanks for the feedback!

And make sure you select your Notes in the Aphelian Keyboard, and hit Play in the Host.

Ah, I get it now - cheers. I was trying to send it midi from elsewhere :s

• @audio_DT said:

@CracklePot said:

@audio_DT said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@White said:
    Version 1.2.0 is out:

@JuanB said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Thanks for the feedback!

Use Arp mode for that, but you prolly figured that out already.
    🤙🏻

• @CracklePot said:

@audio_DT said:

@CracklePot said:

@audio_DT said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@White said:
    Version 1.2.0 is out:

@JuanB said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Thanks for the feedback!

Use Arp mode for that, but you prolly figured that out already.
    🤙🏻

Yeah, I know that one. I was just puzzled about the sequencer bit.

• Thank you all for the feedback! :)

Do you think that the initial empty loop is confusing?

Next version midi CC sequencer!

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@JuanB said:
    Thank you all for the feedback! :)

I did get thrown off by that for a bit, but I'm not sure how else to handle it. Maybe just a short sentence in the middle of the screen saying to add some notes when there are none? I'd rather have that than have notes in there when I didn't ask for them.

I do have a feature request for sequencer mode. Can there please be an option to copy patterns from one to another in the pattern select? This would make it much easier to build variations without having to completely start over for each pattern.

Thanks for this great app!

• @JuanB I just want to say - I love the original app, and I love this AU.

• @wim said:
    I do have a feature request for sequencer mode. Can there please be an option to copy patterns from one to another in the pattern select? This would make it much easier to build variations without having to completely start over for each pattern.

Thanks for this great app!

+1

• @JuanB said:
    Thank you all for the feedback! :)

Hi. Is there a way to change the Time Division in the AU, either mode?