Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

APHELIAN 1.1.0 is out ! (with AUv3 support)

Comments

• @mojozart said:
    Why not expose all the parameters? Arpeggiator Input Map, Shape, Events, etc.

+1
    in other words, anything that could be used to perform live change in a jam
    without looking at a screen.

• @JuanB Thanks for the update and all your efforts with communication!
    Incredible app. Keep up the great work.
    😊

• Yeh baby! Can’t wait to try this out.

• @mojozart said:

Gift horse. Kicks. Yeah.

• @haulin_notes said:
    @JuanB Thanks for the update and all your efforts with communication!
    😊

:) :) :) :) :) :)

• +1

sounds good

• @JuanB said:

@haulin_notes said:
    @JuanB Thanks for the update and all your efforts with communication!
    😊

:) :) :) :) :) :)

+1 Mad fun.

• Love the new logo! Waiting for this BIG SURPRISE update. :)

• edited November 2019

@JuanB Thank you for the update, Arp Mode AU + upcoming Sequence Mode AU.
    I haven't used this in a little while and now I can't seem to get away from it.. even to eat! :D Fun! Fun!
    & love the new icon..

• this is amazing

• Auv3 for iPhone???

• I endorse the horse, nice update, looking forward to anything further in the works.

• Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh so excited!

• @Philippe said:

@mojozart said:

+1

+1 I want all of these too.

• The app is killer... the AU feature not so much... yet.

• edited November 2019

Def need all those parameters exposed as midi cc, please! But this is so much fun.

• Excellent! I’m going to use it now!

• @JuanB said:

@gsm909 said:
    @JuanB , thanks for this, any chance you could do the business with Oscilab ?

It's really old code.
    Maybe a new app. :)

@JuanB That would be most excellent . It is a super concept for waveform modulation

• This is cool! Having a lot of fun with it right now... just tinkering around.

I would love to see it run without needing a keyboard or key needing held down tho! Like other arpeggiators pick a scale and notes... any idea if this is in Its future!?

• Have now had a chance to play a little. Making this AU midi has given me something new. Thank you very much for the update!

I would love to see more note maps, shapes and events.

• I bought it and the stand alone app is nice. But loaded it up as an AU in NanoStudio and I’m not quite sure how it’s supposed to work. I was expecting it to act like Rozeta Suite as an AU midi plugin but it loads as an AU instrument that doesn’t make any sound.

I must be missing something.

• @sound4mation said:
    I bought it and the stand alone app is nice. But loaded it up as an AU in NanoStudio and I’m not quite sure how it’s supposed to work. I was expecting it to act like Rozeta Suite as an AU midi plugin but it loads as an AU instrument that doesn’t make any sound.

I must be missing something.

Right Now its an Arpeggiator you have to feed him some yummy midi to work
    AU sequencer will come later

• i think I figured it out but it’s not as impressive as an AU. I routed the the mide of Aphellion to an obsidian synth and sent the obsidian audio send back to Aphillion, then attached a Rozeta baseline to Aphilion but the effect it very subtle

• @reasOne said:
    This is cool! Having a lot of fun with it right now... just tinkering around.

I would love to see it run without needing a keyboard or key needing held down tho! Like other arpeggiators pick a scale and notes... any idea if this is in Its future!?

Arpeggiators typically arpeggiate the keys one is holding down. It is doing what I expect an arpeggiator to do.

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2019

@gusgranite Like in the standalone, you can enable/disable the triggered events of a shape by clicking on the shape-parts. Using a longer loops size adds more shape-parts.

In this example i used Aphelian AU to generate melodies in C mayor by feeding several of the C mayor notes into the ARP.

Aphelian AU then selects from notes by the shape, the events and the note map. The arp range is set in way that some lower notes are included in the note set. For the events i choose 8 bars and a rhythmic subdivision from the lowest preset row and enabled/disabled some of the shape parts to better fit to a melody.

Changing the shape generates different melodies from the note set, as does turning the shape . @JuanB Quite inspiring - and really makes me want to automate the shape id and rotation by CCs B)

Since the all notes of Aphelian used the same velocity, i added a CopyCat Mozaic script that was set to humanize the velocities about 30% making it more pleasing to listen.

One big thing that needs to be mentioned is that the melodies emerging from this method are not synced to the host bars - they play and repeat nicely, but usually are offset to the bar start. To capture them, record them for two loops and then cut and shift the identified melody.

If there is interest, i can do a short video showing how to set this up and what results can be archieved.

• @_ki a video how to setup would be appreciated

• Great explanation, @_ki . This is a really fun arpeggiator! I got three of them going at once and started tinkering with the shapes and segments--got really interesting and musical results. Good call on the humanizing script.

• @Pierre118 said:
    @_ki a video how to setup would be appreciated

Wasn’t sure at first either, but I set up the exact AUM routing screenshot they show earlier in this thread and then it all made sense.

You have to either hit some keys or send it some midi notes.

Pretty cool 😎

• In AUM, lay down some chords in Atom (1 chord per bar) - send to Aphelian arp au - send to your fave sound source - go back to Aphelian and tweak away = magically, time seems to disappear.. 👍

• @Pierre118 said:
    @_ki a video how to setup would be appreciated

+1 For setting up in NS2