Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Real Guitar is on the bus!

Comments

• edited March 2014

• edited March 2014

• Tumbleweed....

• I'm surprised and curious wrt the (lack of) reaction, since past guitar apps (guitarism, Live Guitar, OMGuitar, Pearl Guitar) have gotten a much stronger response.

Not that I love to talk up my competition or anything, but Real Guitar allows up to 10 chords on-screen, and offers multiple inversions per chord. It's pretty popular outside the AB-sphere... even after dropping guitarism to free my download rate is far lower than RG's (though my revenue is higher). Real Guitar Free is the top search result for "guitar" on the App Store.

• @Rhism said:
    "It's pretty popular outside the AB-sphere..."

Perhaps there's your answer...we're inside the AB-sphere here....
    With a few great alternatives (including yours) established on the bus already, they will have trouble finding a seat though.

Now that they've finally hopped on apparently, perhaps Real Guitar will begin to attract more attention.

I still have to try it out myself, and I probably will eventually, with the free version at first, when I have more time. With the time and effort you're spending here, I don't think you have much to worry about though... ;-)

• I already had the free version, which I hadn't been using. AB may help.

• A couple of reasons - 1) I already have Guitarism, so what does RG give me that Guitarism doesn't? and 2) I found their description a little confusing, for example I could not tell the difference between the free and paid version! (I presume there is a difference...). It's very low cost though so I might give it a try.

• Ok - I decided to give Real Guitar a try. It seems the main difference between the paid and free versions is that the free version has ads. It sounds nice but it seems to have a little latency, and just does not quite "feel" right in the way that Guitarism does. RG has a solo mode, but no string bends which makes it limited. Between Guitarism, Thumbjam and iFretless Guitar, I think I already have my needs covered.

• Just gave the free version a try.

According to the pop-up in the free version the paid version also has added functionality. I suppose one can choose from more auto-strumming patterns for the colored picks and that sort of thing. Not sure if the paid version also has more guitar choices but if that doesn't get a mention in the description it's doubtful.

Guitarism and iFretless do sound better IMHO, not to mention all their extra instrument and effects options.

One tiny thing: Real Guitar has a small guitar icon in the name under its icon, I have not seen something like that before. Just a little curiosity.

• The REAL guitar is in my hard case.

• edited February 2014

I downloaded Real Guitar Free and after fooling with it for a few minutes I deleted it. I don't think it compares in anyway to Guitarism.

• Just not that tempted by iPad guitar sims; I have one I like. Plus, generally not app tempted these days. Though I'm really enjoying the game Threes!