Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any way to get midi from GB besides the RouteMidi AU3?

It's such an inefficient and cumbersome workflow (I could post all the little steps in a screen cap).

For example if I have six, 5 minute tracks it's 30 min to get the midi right there. Why not a utility that just parses the .bamd file, it would probably go down to 2 minutes.

Plus swapping back and forth between the receiving app like a Cubasis is a real pain.

Gotta be a better way?

Comments

• edited November 2019

Logic on a Mac......

• @sixfolddak said:
    It's such an inefficient and cumbersome workflow (I could post all the little steps in a screen cap).

I've just tried to do it quickly, well, that confirmed that not using Garageband was a reasonable decision for me.
    If I had to name the easiest-looking app with the most awkward workflow then it would be Garageband on iOS.
    But I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.
    For quick recording of ideas on the go it does its job very well.