Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

And now for something completely different: My new app

Such a tease. Sorry, guys, it's not Loopy Pro or AB4 - just a tiny little side project. The app version of a doodle, if you will.

But yep: I’m about to launch a new app! It's not music-related at all (hence being in Off Topic!). It's a little photo utility called Enliven. You know how editing a Live Photo breaks the live part, so it’s just a still image? It drove me crazy. So, Enliven brings back the Live (and keeps the edits).

Wanna try it out? https://testflight.apple.com/join/ys7Dz0Lf

Comments

• Interesting, will definitely check this out later on! 😺👍🚀

• edited October 2019

Playful puppies are always welcome. But the burning question is does it host AU? ;)

• @Michael said:
    Such a tease. Sorry, guys, it's not Loopy Pro or AB4 - just a tiny little side project. The app version of a doodle, if you will.

But yep: I’m about to launch a new app! It's not music-related at all (hence being in Off Topic!). It's a little photo utility called Enliven. You know how editing a Live Photo breaks the live part, so it’s just a still image? It drove me crazy. So, Enliven brings back the Live (and keeps the edits).

Wanna try it out? https://testflight.apple.com/join/ys7Dz0Lf

Michael, please help me understand.
    When I do edits (tried with increasing contrast and cropping the image), Live mode (i.e. movement) is still active.
    What do I have to do to kill it?

• It’s edits in external editor apps (or app extensions) that does it, @rs2000 - the built in editor in Photos doesn’t kill Live Photos

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Playful puppies are always welcome. But the burning question is does it host AU? ;)

Naturally 😄

• I wonder if I can auto generate photo edits via Rozeta .....🤓🧐

Haha good idea boss

• edited October 2019

Haha, that's a surprise! I'm willing to bet that this will generate more income in a week than Audiobus did in a lifetime 😆

(regarding the internal "Edit" feature: I was quite amazed to see that it even works on VIDEOS now... right!)

• @Michael this sounds like a cool app, and I’d like to help you test out your doodle.

I do think there is a gap and need for apps that can edit photos and videos which can also be controlled via MIDI and OSC so that those who want to create music videos can integrate the music and images together throughout the creative process rather than being just a linear process that happens after the music has been composed.

Having such a tool that is resource friendly and can be integrated into existing AUv3 hosts would be great. This could be as simple as being able to MIDI control the video/photo editing commands in the app which would be an AUv3.

The Tube AU by Mani Consulting Limited Company app is a good example of being able to integrate a functionality normally used in a different context into a music creation workflow.

• @SevenSystems said:
    Haha, that's a surprise! I'm willing to bet that this will generate more income in a week than Audiobus did in a lifetime 😆

(regarding the internal "Edit" feature: I was quite amazed to see that it even works on VIDEOS now... right!)

Indeed, on-board editing is not too bad actually.

• @InfoCheck said:
    The Tube AU by Mani Consulting Limited Company app is a good example of being able to integrate a functionality normally used in a different context into a music creation workflow.

Let me suggest this, purely as an inspiration:
    An AUv3 that can load a number of video clips and launch them triggered by MIDI notes.
    Can use video output as well.
    Allows for scrubbing by ModWheel or PitchBend.
    Will stream from disk to keep memory usage at a minimum.

• @rs2000 said:

Let me suggest this, purely as an inspiration:
    An AUv3 that can load a number of video clips and launch them triggered by MIDI notes.
    Can use video output as well.
    Allows for scrubbing by ModWheel or PitchBend.
    Will stream from disk to keep memory usage at a minimum.

This.

• I hope it blows up @Michael!

• @gusgranite said:
    I hope it blows up @Michael!

Hehe, thank you - it absolutely won’t, but it’ll let me experiment with a new revenue model (free app, with IAP to unlock main functionality, a bit like a trial - planning to use it for Samplebot 2)

• @rs2000 said:

@SevenSystems said:

Indeed, on-board editing is not too bad actually.

Yeah it’s great now! If it weren’t for Focos and Snapseed it’s all I’d use

• Looks awesome! Congrats on the launch 🙌

• @SevenSystems said:

What he said :)
    Its a cool idea and I cross my fingers that it will be great success, @Michael !

• Thanks guys!

• edited October 2019

@Michael I saw this on Twitter and didn't make the connection :) Quick question about Live Photos. In the native iOS app you can edit and modify and tweak a Live Photo and it retains it's "LIVEness". Is this tool designed to resurrect Live Photos that we're manipulated in other apps on iOS?

Good luck with it!

Nevermind...Just read your answer above sir :smile: