Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bram Bos Phasemaker not showing up ‘On my ipad’

Hi, I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this? Since I upgraded my IPad Air 2018 to IPad OS, I can no longer find @brambos brilliant FM synth Phasemaker in Files or ‘On My IPad’. Still works fine in AUM or standalone, but having eagerly downloaded some other user patches using Documents to use in Phasemaker, I can see them, but can’t ‘open in’ the files from Documents, nor find the Phasemaker app at all in Files. Weirdly, Rozetta and Ruismaker Noir are both present and correct. Just me?

Comments

• Make sure it is a zip file.
    In the Files app, browse to your zip file, and choose Share.
    Scroll to to right in the app list.
    If Phasemaker isn’t showing, hit the More button, and Copy to Phasemaker should be in the Suggestions area.
    You have to sync the presets by opening standalone first, then they should show up in the AU afterward.

• edited October 2019

@CracklePot : yep, thanks for that, unfortunately I tried it already. Unzipping the patches, not a problem. The problem is Phasemaker (and a whole host of my other apps incidentally) is simply not showing up as something to share to, in either Documents or Files. That’s the whole problem. I can open the zip file in Documents. I can view the patches there, or move the patches to Files. But as the pix show, Phasemaker (and indeed a shedload of my other apps) just aren’t shown as destinations to Share to, to Copy to, or Open in, in the main list, or after clicking ‘More’. Nada. Nix. Nothing.

Pic #1: opening the download zip file in Documents, no problem:

Pic #2: Phasemaker should appear alphabetically in this list, no? Right after Patterning 2 and before Photon AU. But it isn’t.

Pic #3: This is what I get when I click on ‘More’. An even more restricted subset of the apps I have, Phasemaker not amongst them. That’s the whole list shown when I click more, despite the fact that I have literally dozens of apps.

Tried rebooting the iPad, uninstalling and reinstalling Phasemaker, running the standalone first, as per @Korakios suggestion. No dice. Out of ideas at this point. Really just curious to know if anyone else has experienced this.

• Backup (if needed) ,delete , reinstall ,launch the standalone version first , reset and retry :)

• Try doing the share on the zip file, without unzipping it.
    And Phasemaker doesn’t show up in the list, but it is in the Suggestions list if you select the More option (last item in share list, three dots).

• Yep, I’ll try. But pic #3 is what I see after clicking the More option, the three dots.

• @CracklePot : nope, didn’t work. Phasemaker is not showing up for me, period.

• edited October 2019

Just tried it and Phasemaker shows when long pressing the zip file, select share , more and it shows fine
    Edit: I think @CracklePot ’s post is more helpful :)

• edited October 2019

Ok, thank you @CracklePot & @Korakios, that worked! :) So apparently it had to be the actual zip file, long pressed, and shared from it’s original location. (Documents was automatically unzipping the folder for me, cracked it when I recompressed the download folder.) You learn something every day...

• Cool :)
    If you found any presets you can share , please do!

• 🤙🏻 😊