Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

rap tracks

I get a lot of rappers asking me to make beats....I need a program that has loops to string together...im not trying to make beats from scratch...any insite on this....I do have gadget but I need pre recorded rap loops.

Comments

• pre recorded rap loops sound like the worst thing ever.. if you wanna provide them with beats why not make some yourself or point them in the direction of someone who makes hip hop beats seriously

• edited February 2014

I do not think rappers want some ones canned loops. They would be more interested in what you can produce for them. If they just wanted canned loops they can easily do it themselves.
    There is the launch pad app that has canned beats to trigger though if you are really looking for that kind of thing..

• yeah I know but I play rnb...rock....and blues....lol

• maybe I will give it a go....my imachine and beatmaker app does sound good...oh also gadget...just checking

• edited February 2014

You could also purchase midi packs for different genres to use in an app like cubasis , or Auria . ect. You can also get free midi loops for this type of thing to use in this same way.
    For example I have a large drum midi collection I purchased to load into my Korg M50 that I now also use in Cubasis.

• rap over rnb rock and blues would be much nicer to listen to! :)

• cool I love cubasis...that's what I mainly use to record...I will look into some midi packs...thanks for all the input

• With midi packs you would still need to make your own loops with those. You could also purchase audio loops to use witch would be a more complete version , meaning bass ,drums, keys ect. all looped together in different segments to paste together.

• Why not use youtube backing tracks, either record the output to a daw and string together or use a downloader app. If you want cross fade between beats use something like tracktor dj with imported mp3 from iTunes. I think there are some apps now that allow you to process youtube and are audiobus compatible as well. Recording into the Loopy app may also work if you want to get creative.
    Rock on

• @kennyrox what's the context here? Are people wanting to pay you for them or are friends asking? People looking to release tracks or just want instrumentals to flow over? Making basic hip hop beats isn't hard once you know the classic elements (like playing a 12 bar blues or whatever). Making something that is interesting and bangs is where it gets difficult. If people want to give you money, maybe find a beat maker and play middle man.

If you start to explore making beats, consider sampling/looping your own stuff!

• edited February 2014

I agree w the guys here about producing ur own beats from scratch, not very hard, and u don't have to worry about usage rights or anything like that. I make many rap beats myself, try using Figure, pretty easy to make a nice sounding loop that u can use as a foundation then add elements to in garage band or really, any app u like. I like to record while the loop plays and I tweak it. But, if u want pre recoded loops, there IS an app called loop station hip hop that contains royalty free stuff u can use. I recommend appshopper to save apps u wanna buy and get notifications on price drops, u can view their price history so u can decide to wait till it goes free or on sale to buy em.

• @syrupcore said:

@kennyrox what's the context here? Are people wanting to pay you for them or are friends asking? People looking to release tracks or just want instrumentals to flow over? Making basic hip hop beats isn't hard once you know the classic elements (like playing a 12 bar blues or whatever). Making something that is interesting and bangs is where it gets difficult. If people want to give you money, maybe find a beat maker and play middle man.

If you start to explore making beats, consider sampling/looping your own stuff!

Agreed, context is everything.

• im working own some of my own....so far so good...im using the gadget app....thanks for the input everybody