Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KQ Dixie - copy tones between cartridges

hi there! is there a way to copy tones between cartridges in KQ Dixie? i just was able to copy tones within the same cartridge. my goal is to create a best of collection of tones.

Comments

• @nuno_agogo said:
    hi there! is there a way to copy tones between cartridges in KQ Dixie? i just was able to copy tones within the same cartridge. my goal is to create a best of collection of tones.

I think there is an article in the Audiobus wiki that covers this. Kqd's user interface is pretty confusing where this is concerned.

• thanks, will check that out!

• mhmm. search only comes up with a list of auv3. could not find it in the sitemap neither.

• Maybe try this comment from this thread.. keep scanning and you might find what you're looking for.. I get mixed up with banks and cartridges when it comes to KQ Dixie..

• It’s actually pretty easy once you know how. (Like anything else LOL!)

In the referenced post I think the poster is saying “banks” when they mean “carts”. This makes it a little confusing.

The cart you’re copying to needs to be a 32 voice cart. Other formats will give you problems. Also once you save the voice to the cart you have to save the cart itself.

I can’t go through step by step right now but if you can’t figure it out post back and I’ll put up some screenshots.

• wimwim
    edited October 2019
    1. Make sure that the cart you want to copy to isn't a "32+1" cart.**
    2. Load the patch you want to copy into memory.
    3. Press cart, then press the cart you want to save the patch to. Don't touch any slots in the cart.
    4. Press the patch name next to the cart button at the bottom left. You'll get a popup showing all the slots in the cart you selected above. Still don't touch any of the slots.
    5. Press Save.
    6. Now press the slot you want to save it to. The name of the slot will change to the name of the slot.
    7. Press Done.
    8. [edit] see next post ... thanks @anickt :) Press the little tiny "DX+" button at the bottom left of the carts list
    9. Change to the right cart type (I use 32), and type the name of the bank. Yes, you do have to re-type the name of the bank. [/edit]
    10. Confirm that you want to overwrite the bank.

Confusingest preset save mechanism I could possibly imagine. Maybe there's an easier way, but if there is, I haven't found it.

( ** 32+1 carts load a patch when you open them, so the patch you wanted to save will no longer be in memory if you open a bank of that type in step 3!)

• @wim said:
    1. Make sure that the cart you want to copy to isn't a "32+1" cart.**
    2. Load the patch you want to copy into memory.
    3. Press cart, then press the cart you want to save the patch to. Don't touch any slots in the cart.
    4. Press the patch name next to the cart button at the bottom left. You'll get a popup showing all the slots in the cart you selected above. Still don't touch any of the slots.
    5. Press Save.
    6. Now press the slot you want to save it to. The name of the slot will change to the name of the slot.
    7. Press Done
    8. Press the little tiny "DX+" button at the bottom left of the carts list
    9. Change to the right cart type (I use 32), and type the name of the bank. Yes, you do have to re-type the name of the bank. :|
    10. Confirm that you want to overwrite the bank.

Confusingest preset save mechanism I could possibly imagine. Maybe there's an easier way, but if there is, I haven't found it.

( ** 32+1 carts load a patch when you open them, so the patch you wanted to save will no longer be in memory if you open a bank of that type in step 3!)

You don’t have to retype the name of the bank. Do up to step 7 above and then tap the little cart icon with the down arrow on lower right and you can choose your favorites cart and save/overwrite.

• @nuno_agogo said:
    mhmm. search only comes up with a list of auv3. could not find it in the sitemap neither.

Sorry about that. I thought I had added a page about it. I should have checked first.

• Thanks for the correction @anickt! I thought I remembered not having to type the name. The interface has changed since the last time I saved anything.

I sure wish he would make those icons smaller though. I can still see them and sometimes even touch the one I want if I’m not careful.

• @wim said:
    Thanks for the correction @anickt! I thought I remembered not having to type the name. The interface has changed since the last time I saved anything.

I sure wish he would make those icons smaller though. I can still see them and sometimes even touch the one I want if I’m not careful.

Yeah - an update not too long ago changed some of the steps involved. Made it “easier”! It really is much easier compared to what it was. I have my dog sniff out the icons for me. 😆

• @anickt + @wim thanks for giving us an updated version of this somewhat messy ritual.. 🙏
    I’ve copied this into my “making music on iOS” notebook for future reference.. + this should be easier to find for everyone next time..

• I documented the steps in a new KQ Dixie page on the Wiki: https://wiki.audiob.us/kq_dixie

• @wim said:
    I documented the steps in a new KQ Dixie page on the Wiki: https://wiki.audiob.us/kq_dixie

Tx!

• thanks for your help guys. will try the process as soon i'm back on dixie. big up!

• couldn't resist to try it right away. it worked! thanks again :)