Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elytrae

Done for disquiet 408
(https://disquiet.com/2019/10/24/disquiet-junto-project-0408-fritiniency-tronics/)
:)
Droneo and Ripplemakers, multiple reverbs, Rozeta LFO...

Comments

• edited October 2019

Nice! Big fan of Droneo. Very - insecty - :) Reminds me of aspects of the electronic soundtrack by Stomu Yamashta, David Vorhaus and Desmond Briscoe for a great, obscure sci-fi film called Phase IV, about scientists in a desert research station battling strangely intelligent termites: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_IV

Here’s my effort:

Sampletoy earned it’s keep, as well as sundry reverbs, Fractal Bits for bird-ish computer glitches, Hokusai for wav editing, cykle and Audiokit Synth One for the percussion which wasn’t shotguns (actual shotguns, a shooting ground adjacent to the bird sanctuary where I recorded the birds. Hence the title.)

What an excellent thing the Disquiet challenge is. :)

• @id_23 said:

>

Done for disquiet 408

Nice work chaps & thanks for highlighting this website as I wasn’t aware of it at all

• @id_23 said:

Done for disquiet 408
    (https://disquiet.com/2019/10/24/disquiet-junto-project-0408-fritiniency-tronics/)
    :)
    Droneo and Ripplemakers, multiple reverbs, Rozeta LFO...

Nice indeed. Love these challenges, too bad I rarely finish something.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Nice! Big fan of Droneo. Very - insecty - :) Reminds me of aspects of the electronic soundtrack by Stomu Yamashta, David Vorhaus and Desmond Briscoe for a great, obscure sci-fi film called Phase IV, about scientists in a desert research station battling strangely intelligent termites: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_IV

Here’s my effort:

Sampletoy earned it’s keep, as well as sundry reverbs, Fractal Bits for bird-ish computer glitches, Hokusai for wav editing, cykle and Audiokit Synth One for the percussion which wasn’t shotguns (actual shotguns, a shooting ground adjacent to the bird sanctuary where I recorded the birds. Hence the title.)

Love it. Would you say that Sampletoy is still a viable tool (not a fan of portrait mode)?

• @Philandering_Bastard : it depends on your flow, I guess. I do a lot of slow time wav creation and editing, an iterative process of taking recordings made on AUM channels out into Hokusai for manipulation , and back again, so it is no hardship during that process to turn the IPad upright. Yes, I would prefer not to, butI find the fine grain control over playback speed, the multitouch, the envelope and effect control, and the simple resampling makes it easy to dump wavs in and out Of AudioShare, and these facilities all outweigh the minor inconvenience for me. I believe that Samplr might let me do all this too (?) but so far, I just haven’t got on with it. I understand Sampletoy, and it lets me do things no other does. That’s good enough for me. :)

• This website and the content is great. Thankyas for inspiration and info. and absolutely great pieces!

• @Svetlovska said:
    @Philandering_Bastard : it depends on your flow, I guess. I do a lot of slow time wav creation and editing, an iterative process of taking recordings made on AUM channels out into Hokusai for manipulation , and back again, so it is no hardship during that process to turn the IPad upright. Yes, I would prefer not to, butI find the fine grain control over playback speed, the multitouch, the envelope and effect control, and the simple resampling makes it easy to dump wavs in and out Of AudioShare, and these facilities all outweigh the minor inconvenience for me. I believe that Samplr might let me do all this too (?) but so far, I just haven’t got on with it. I understand Sampletoy, and it lets me do things no other does. That’s good enough for me. :)

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. Guess I’ll give Sampletoy a whirl 🥳