Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone still hesitating to get Groove Rider GR-16?

13»

Comments

• I’m still hesitating, but I tend to create baroque-era folk/orchestral pieces for instruments made out of vegetables

• Idk, even though it’s only 10 bucks, I think I’m still gonna pass. I see where it can be used for genres other than EDM and techno, but I think my money would be better spent on other things like a few more of the Lumbeat drummers.

That, and I’ve still only barely scratched the surface on learning Drambo. As far as a “Groovebox” goes, I feel like that’s the only one I need.

Also, I’m still teetering back and forth on wether to delete these Ampify apps (Groovebox, Blocs Wav, and Launchpad) all of which I never use, but somehow was convinced that I “needed” them for something.

• @Intrepolicious It's a wise desicion to focus on very few apps and really use them, at least if you're into making music with them 👍🏼

• @Intrepolicious said:
    That, and I’ve still only barely scratched the surface on learning Drambo. As far as a “Groovebox” goes, I feel like that’s the only one I need.

Also, I’m still teetering back and forth on wether to delete these Ampify apps (Groovebox, Blocs Wav, and Launchpad) all of which I never use, but somehow was convinced that I “needed” them for something.

Are you me? Because I am thinking the same thing on the Ampify apps that I used for a few weeks to try and make some reallly groovy stuff and then ignored them. And I have Drambo sitting here, unlearned but apparently can do all this and a while lot more.... I'm sitting down to binge watch SoundForMore's YouTube channel (among others) with the iPad plugged into the Mac so I can press buttons and follow along with what is on the big screen.

I don't need this but was sorely tempted.

• @rs2000 said:
    @Intrepolicious It's a wise desicion to focus on very few apps and really use them, at least if you're into making music with them 👍🏼

Yeah, I mean we have a million different ways of achieving the same results. I haven’t heard any examples (as great as they are!) of music that couldn’t be made in Drambo, or in AUM with a handful of synths and a couple instances of Atom.

Everyone’s got their own workflow I guess. There’s no doubt that GR-16 is a great app. One way or another, we be jammin!

• Somewhere I read that GR-16 might be a good companion to the Digitakt. I already have Drambo (which made me buy DT) -- do I 'need' GR-16?

• @justice86 said:
    Somewhere I read that GR-16 might be a good companion to the Digitakt. I already have Drambo (which made me buy DT) -- do I 'need' GR-16?

I'd almost say that GR-16 has the potential to replace the Digitakt. Happened to me.
    There is no replacement for Drambo though.

• @rs2000 said:

@justice86 said:
    Somewhere I read that GR-16 might be a good companion to the Digitakt. I already have Drambo (which made me buy DT) -- do I 'need' GR-16?

I'd almost say that GR-16 has the potential to replace the Digitakt. Happened to me.
    There is no replacement for Drambo though.

In terms of stability and lightness on cpu and immediate results nothing beats GR

I manage to run it Smoothly on iPad 3 iOS 9.3.5. With Poison simultaneously.

Bummer I can’t have midi mutes. It’s only from iOS 10

• What people are creating with Drambo seems incredible and actually worthy of the monstrous hype that preceded it.

But I find comfort in tools whose functions are limited, and UI's are (relatively) set. As far as I can tell (pleeease prove me wrong), there's no preset to turn Drambo into Groove Rider - which means it still wouldn't qualify as an alternative from my particular perspective, in this instance.

• @gothamoddisee said:
    What people are creating with Drambo seems incredible and actually worthy of the monstrous hype that preceded it.

But I find comfort in tools whose functions are limited, and UI's are (relatively) set. As far as I can tell (pleeease prove me wrong), there's no preset to turn Drambo into Groove Rider - which means it still wouldn't qualify as an alternative from my particular perspective, in this instance.

Drambo isn't about presets! It is a modular toolbox that you could perfectly use to re-build Groove Rider but first, that's a lot of work to do and second, GR16 has a user interface custom built for what it does best.

• Gr16 is good, I just don’t completely get on with it’s workflow. If a person is into the Korg Electribe workflow I can see gr16 being heaven for them.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Gr16 is good, I just don’t completely get on with it’s workflow. If a person is into the Korg Electribe workflow I can see gr16 being heaven for them.

I had an Electribe. It was good but I have some issues with the workflow. Love it in many ways but the SP404 is a better fit for me. For 10 bucks though it seems like an insanely cheap way to get back the KE.

• @Ailerom said:

@MrSmileZ said:
    Gr16 is good, I just don’t completely get on with it’s workflow. If a person is into the Korg Electribe workflow I can see gr16 being heaven for them.

I had an Electribe. It was good but I have some issues with the workflow. Love it in many ways but the SP404 is a better fit for me. For 10 bucks though it seems like an insanely cheap way to get back the KE.

I have an SP-404 but you can't even play melodies on it, not to talk about chords or sample slicing.

• @rs2000 said:

@Ailerom said:

@MrSmileZ said:

I have an SP-404 but you can't even play melodies on it, not to talk about chords or sample slicing.

Yep, there are limitations, but it's fun and that's why I bought it. I could never use it as a serious music making tool.

• @Ailerom said:

@rs2000 said:

@Ailerom said:

@MrSmileZ said:

Yep, there are limitations, but it's fun and that's why I bought it. I could never use it as a serious music making tool.

i think the 404 is amazing i’ve made a bunch of jams on the, using koala these day tho

• @reasOne said:

@Ailerom said:

@rs2000 said:

@Ailerom said:

@MrSmileZ said:

i think the 404 is amazing i’ve made a bunch of jams on the, using koala these day tho

It's my go-to loop player next to the keyboard rig to jam along with 😉