Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I ran a couple of iOS synths through this Shimmer Reverb pedal (TC Electronic Fluorescence).

I'm using DRC, Kronecker, and Garageband here.

Borrowed this from a friend and noticed that there are no demos of this with synths. I decided to make one using DRC and Kronecker but I also ended up using Garageband as well because I just love the synths in Garageband and I find it very easy to use and set up.

The pedal has some nice sounds but it is not the greatest shimmer reverb, and you shouldn't expect it to be, considering its price. The reverb knob works weird. When set to low it reduces the diffusion and sounds a bit like delay. With Shimmer and Tone set high, low Reverb settings sound like octave delay. Interesting sound. The Mix knob doesn't work as good as I want it to. It drops the dry volume around noon but the wet signal isn't loud enough even at that point. You can notice in the video that even when the mix is set to noon, the dry signal gets quieter and the reverb level isn't as high as I'd expect it to be.

TL;DR: It has some nice sounds. It is not the best shimmer reverb but usable. Volume drop with high-ish mix settings.

Comments

• Can't Garageband load TB Reverb or Shimmer AUv3s?

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Mono?

Yeah it is mono.

@rs2000 said:
    Can't Garageband load TB Reverb or Shimmer AUv3s?

I don't have those but probably can, why not? The purpose of this video was not to show how these synths sound with a shimmer reverb, though. I wanted to show how this pedal sounds with synths.

• edited October 2019

@nothumanatall said:

@rs2000 said:

I don't have those but probably can, why not? The purpose of this video was not to show how these synths sound with a shimmer reverb, though. I wanted to show how this pedal sounds with synths.

I've just checked your YT channel. Nice pedals shootout!
    I didn't know the Dr. Scientist before :o

And kudus for the nice Zoia demo. Very helpful.

• @rs2000 said:

@nothumanatall said:

@rs2000 said:

Thanks, nice to hear that!

The Atmosphere is a really nice and unique reverb pedal. Afaik, it's the only one with an assignable LFO.

• @nothumanatall said:

@rs2000 said:

@nothumanatall said:

@rs2000 said:

The Atmosphere is a really nice and unique reverb pedal. Afaik, it's the only one with an assignable LFO.

...and the only one that might get a firmware update with an Arkanoid game? ;)
    But for the price asked, wouldn't the Zoia be a better buy? It has LFOs too, no?

• @rs2000 said:

@nothumanatall said:

@rs2000 said:

@nothumanatall said:

@rs2000 said:

But for the price asked, wouldn't the Zoia be a better buy? It has LFOs too, no?

Sure! Depends on what you want (feature and workflow wise) I guess. Atmosphere is much easier to use but Zoia offers a lot, including stereo operation. I didn't expect to like the Atmosphere as much as I do, before trying it. It has 16 modes but with the LFO, it feels like a lot more. If only it was stereo!

• @nothumanatall said:

@rs2000 said:

@nothumanatall said:

@rs2000 said:

@nothumanatall said:

@rs2000 said:

Sure! Depends on what you want (feature and workflow wise) I guess. Atmosphere is much easier to use but Zoia offers a lot, including stereo operation. I didn't expect to like the Atmosphere as much as I do, before trying it. It has 16 modes but with the LFO, it feels like a lot more. If only it was stereo!

I guess it's best to sit down with the Zoia, take the time to create a few presets out of this world and then just use them...

• @rs2000 said:

@nothumanatall said:

@rs2000 said:

@nothumanatall said:

@rs2000 said:

@nothumanatall said:

@rs2000 said:

I guess it's best to sit down with the Zoia, take the time to create a few presets out of this world and then just use them...

Yeah! And doing everything yourself on Zoia feels like it's truly your sound.