Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneBoosters Enhancer for iOS released

ToneBoosters Enhancer is a studio-quality, professional enhancer, exciter and sweetener plug-in with an unrivalled workflow, unlimited creative use and a gorgeous, functional user interface.

Make your performances shine, your drums cut through the mix, add that extra depth and sparkle to give your creations that professional sound.

The ToneBoosters Enhancer app captures the device's microphone input and processes the signals in real time. To use it as a plug-in, use an AUv3-compatible host app such as Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, Auria, AUM, or others. ToneBoosters Enhancer will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins.

Key features:

• Studio-grade exciter and enhancer
  • The same professional sound as the acclaimed desktop version
  • Triple band exciter with precise control over generated harmonics
  • Spatial widener / enhancer
  • Dynamics enhancer / compressor
  • Timbre enhancer / equalizer
  • Integrated spectrum analyser
  • Undo/redo, and A/B comparison
  • Color themes for the user interface
  • Max screen support in Garageband
  • Legacy Inter-App Audio (IAA) support
  • Optimised for iPad and compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch

Link to the App Store:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tb-enhancer/id1484449791?ls=1

Comments

• Bought without even reading the description

• Vive la révolution!

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    Bought without even reading the description

Same 😂
    But is absolutely awesome

• They have shipped IOS versions of 5 of their 8 Desktop Plug-ins products... 2 of which are really bundles so it could be 5 of ~19-20 effects.

The missing 3 are:
    Morphit - a headphone customization plug-in

TrackEssentials 3 - Eight core tools to sculpt your creations to the next level: affordable bundle of Compressor 3, DeEsser 3, Equalizer 3, Ferox 3, Gate 3, Module 3, Reverb 3, and TimeMachine 3. These could be developed as separate AUv3's

BusTools 3 - Unleash your full potential with 10 pro-level mixing and mastering tools: Barricade 3, BusCompressor 3, Dither 3, EBULoudness 3, Evoke 3, FlX 3, Isone 3, ReelBus 3, Sibalance 3, and VoicePitcher 3

From a Product Review:
    Enhancer’s facilities are a triple-band spectral monitor and exciter, timbre and dynamic range adjustment, as well as spatial width enhancement, among other functionality. Working at sample rates up to 384k Hz and with an easy-on-the-eyes, scalable user interface, Enhancer handles multi-channel audio (up to 16 channels).

The plug-in presents a streamlined, three-step workflow. First, you select the frequency range you want to home in on. Then you move the analysis dragger to apply enhancement within the selected band, and the harmonics dragger to shape the synthesized supra and sub-bass harmonics. The processing is driven by an AI for faster results and is fully automatable, with the enhancement algorithms stemming from modelled analog circuitry and filter simulations.

• Can this be used to stop phase clipping? More crap samples but enhanced or is there a way to stop phase clipping of samples, mainly when triggered via midi for stutter effects. This app did actually sound better with attack dialled back and made me think you need to generate a seperate bass and not rely on a bass from a beat but thats from a volca drum. Samples on ios drum machines arnt the same.

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    Bought without even reading the description

Haha me too :))))

• It's worth reading the manual, as the UI can be a little confusing at first:

https://www.toneboosters.com/manuals/TB_Plugins_Manual.pdf

But the plugin itself is actually really simple to use, there are 3 bands: bass (red), mid (green) and highs (blue). You can adjust the width of each band, and dragging the handle up simply adds more harmonics to that band. Bass and treble also allow for additional harmonics to be generated outside of the band, but for the mids there is just a simple saturation control.

It's also worth experimenting with the Timbre setting to see how each different type affects the sound.

• After a short play with it, it seems a pretty nice plugin for adding something to drums and synth basses. Would like to try it on vocals too.

• What’s the difference between this and a parametric EQ (apart from the compression/saturation which I can get elsewhere)?

• @TimRussell said:
    What’s the difference between this and a parametric EQ (apart from the compression/saturation which I can get elsewhere)?

I wouldn't compare it to an EQ, it's a multiband saturator. The only equivalent app that I can think of is FAC Bandit.

• I downloaded the demo for Mac, and I must say it’s very nice for my taste. The way it enhances the frequencies can be subtle or huge, and it works well even on the whole mix, in a certain way remind me Virsyn Bark Filter.
    On the bass, IMHO it’s more musically effective than Knorr and for almost the same price TB Enhancer offers a lot more. Another bargain for sure.
    Now I’m waiting for Morphit as I often mix with headphones.

• @Faland said:
    I downloaded the demo for Mac, and I must say it’s very nice for my taste. The way it enhances the frequencies can be subtle or huge, and it works well even on the whole mix, in a certain way remind me Virsyn Bark Filter.
    On the bass, IMHO it’s more musically effective than Knorr and for almost the same price TB Enhancer offers a lot more. Another bargain for sure.
    Now I’m waiting for Morphit as I often mix with headphones.

Yeah it reminded me a lot of Bark Filter and Knorr. I’m glad I didn’t get Knorr cos I’m really able to get my basses to cut through without destruction with this. Morphit will be incredible, I used the demo on my PC and set it to my MDRs and holy shit it makes a difference

• I hope they release Track Essentials as one AU. Bought and love this’un. Toneboosters is quickly taking over my iPad (& iPhone!)

• It seems there’s no enthusiasm for this plugin. Too bad because it’s awesome.
    TB is making a great work in porting their newest plugs on iOS. I hope they get the success they deserve.

• @Faland said:
    It seems there’s no enthusiasm for this plugin. Too bad because it’s awesome.
    TB is making a great work in porting their newest plugs on iOS. I hope they get the success they deserve.

I instabought it. Haven’t had time to try it yet :)

• Has anyone done a video? Or if someone can give some sound samples of before and after? Can anyone explain a bit more around how it "enhances?" What does it do to the sound in tangible terms?

Going to get this, just haven't had a chance yet.

• Bought... would be nice to get the desktop versions bundled for Black Friday.. 😎

They will go so well with Sonar for mixing..

• @mjcouche said:
    Has anyone done a video? Or if someone can give some sound samples of before and after? Can anyone explain a bit more around how it "enhances?" What does it do to the sound in tangible terms?

Going to get this, just haven't had a chance yet.

If you have a Mac or PC you can download the demo like for any other TB plugin.

• are there any video demos of this one?

• @Faland said:

Agree about the great work. Don’t agree about the lack of enthusiasm. Enhancer was no.2 music app in the UK store over the weekend and many here (including me) bought it without even looking at the description. Such is the enthusiasm for ToneBoosters plugins.

• @Beathoven said:

@Faland said:

Agree about the great work. Don’t agree about the lack of enthusiasm. Enhancer was no.2 music app in the UK store over the weekend and many here (including me) bought it without even looking at the description. Such is the enthusiasm for ToneBoosters plugins.

Glad to hear that.
    I'm probably wrong in measuring people's interest in this plugin based on the number of posts in this thread...

• @Beathoven said:

@Faland said:

exactamundo, much like @JackDwyerburger I held off on the Knorr thing.. hoping this ( and their de-esser ) would appear.. now it's here I can rest easy I made the right decision.. this can easily be made to Big Bottom any skinny track plus it just sounds good on a master out with not so much fiddling..
    I think it could also stand in for Grand Finale and some other klevgr things..
    it just really works.. subtle or overheated..
    Only thing I am not keen on is the Timbre algorithm names , firstly there should be more of them, more diversity and naming one EDM? , very offputting.. just put Electronic or Modern maybe? what about Nature/Location or just super-spatial .. C&W , Rock , Punk even? Soundtrack?

@DJB any chance this could be addressed in the future?

I think any perceived lack of enthusiasm is just that by now , on their 5th Au for ios , and at the price, they are entirely ‘Must Grab’ for anyone here that is going the full post production on ios.. and this is perhaps the first one that Fab Filter don’t have a more costly equivalent of on ios yet.. not so much to discuss until one or two of us discover a hidden trick or two they can share..
    I will say that the ‘widening’ aspect of TB enhancer is generally quite subtle so I am still sticking Klevgr’s Haaze 2 in the master chain after TB enhancer... but that may change after more fiddling.

• edited October 2019

@Faland said:

@Beathoven said:

@Faland said:

Glad to hear that.
    I'm probably wrong in measuring people's interest in this plugin based on the number of posts in this thread...

Actually you have a point in that it is their newest desktop app as well I think and so not as well established as the others. The reviews on the Desktop plugin that I read are that it is awesome but that there is also some stuff competition from other plugins. The field is a bit more open on iOS so I expect it will do very well as an app.

[Edit: I’m sure it is doing very well as a desktop plugin as well! You know what I mean 🙂]

• @Faland said:

@Beathoven said:

@Faland said:

Glad to hear that.

That is quite often the case with quality apps that "just work". They often don't get as much publicity in thread generation, as there is nothing to complain about, no features to ask for as it is all there, and no bugs to complain about as it "just works". Other apps in similar category would be StepPolyArp/ChordPolyPad, Samplr (though we do have a wishlist that we've just about given up on, it de facto still does what it promised at the beginning) and a handful of others that doesn't generate threads but still are top notch quality.

• Just a complete amateur. Someone said its like Fac Bandit, which it is. Fac bandit has more seperation which can seem like amplification. TB barricade is more smooth maybe because of a compressor. Used both on a single drum. Do you need both on a single drum? It just gives you a different sound with either and both. You can use both on a single drum. In the synth setting on a repeating Model d note, its like it adds a smooth additional timbre? Better than without, which maybe something you could gain from model d but then adding enhancer will always enhance. Model d note through enhancer, then TB shimmer reverb, then through spectrum granular ( shimmer and granular seem to suit well ) Sounds amazing. Iv bought enough apps now ( including poison 202 and GR16) Just would need a filter, acid synth and drum machines. Basically the TB stuff I dont have other versions of, apart from fac bandit, free reverb and free goose eq but others may have bought stuff similar already.

• Someone said its for mixing, so not sure if its something used as au but it did enhance model d. It amplified the harmonics in a natural way but compresses also.

• Yeah, if there's nothing to complain about or more esoteric features to request under the guise of 'cordial feedback', then stuff dies out pretty quickly. I'd take it as a compliment. Also as a "thank God".

• As someone who usually does more harm than good with a compressor and way more harm than good with a multi-band compressor, I fully expect to do brain cell killing irreparable harm with this thing. Sure, I'll end up getting it, but yeh, not enthused ... though that has everything to do with my lack of skills and not with the app.

• I’m excited already, will be grabbing this on payday

• Here’s an extremely basic video of what it sounds like. I was going to see how it sounds on my guitar and saw that everyone was asking for a video so I went ahead and worked an extremely brief “demo”. I have it on the drums, bass, and guitar. The video ends sort of abruptly because it’s on my air 1 and that can’t handle shit anymore.