Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guitar Effects and Amps - Share your rig - iOS devices

13»

Comments

• edited December 2019

I have found that understanding seems to be somewhat inseparable from enjoyment. It is easy to find yourself with a guitar pedal, turning knobs until your hear something you like, but have no idea about what you are doing. I started this thread a while back and I plan to work at it for a long time.

https://forum.audulus.com/t/cracking-the-code-on-complex-guitar-pedals/564

• @futureaztec

I read quite a bit of your link.
    I like your approach.
    Very interesting.

Thanks for the share.

• I bought Roxsyn over the black friday sales. Paid about $7 AUD and it gives me a pretty convincing organ sound as well as a bunch of other weird and whacky sounds.

• edited December 2019

A few more apps to add to the list (which I bought recently with the sales):
    1. Eventide Blackhole - great lush reverb, ever so slight hint of darkness, extreme clarity, can make massive landscapes and maintain its clarity, so much dynamics to it, lots you can control
    2. Eventide Ultra Tap - a ridiculously nice sounding delay with a ton of controls, I like the ability to choose how you wish the delays to fade in or out and the amount as well as the "slurm" functionality, unfortunately the feedback/timing is different to how I normally dial in a delay so won't be using this much at all
    3. EOS 2 (Audio Damage) - reverb, really nice clarity, can go big as well as small, brighter than the eventide, will use this for vocals as well
    4. Dubstation 2 (Audio Damage) - bucket style delay, nice controls, easier use of feedback/timing (traditional guitar style delay)
    5. Roli Noise - not really guitar app, but fun little app for piano (the keyboard roli on screen is fun and easy to play)
    6. Impulse - metronome style app
    7. FuzzPlus 3 (Audio Damage) - Free app, fuzz, a little too much distortion/fuzz for my liking for my liking
    8. Rough Rider 2 (Audio Damage) - Free compressor, great app, sounds good,
    9. DLYM - Free delay funky, weird, again not to my liking

• Did anyone else see this? Positive Grid Facebook Announcement - The image has the same interface as BiasFX 2 and also includes the same fuzz modeller from it. So it may be (finally) a release of BiasFX 2 on iOS/iPad OS.

• Wow looks promising. Maybe auv3!!

• Any tips on how to get that high plucky frequency sound on a guitar using iOS effects? I'm trying to play those really high licks using my actual guitar and an Apogee audio interface but I can't seem to get anything that high.

• @Samflash3 said:
    Any tips on how to get that high plucky frequency sound on a guitar using iOS effects? I'm trying to play those really high licks using my actual guitar and an Apogee audio interface but I can't seem to get anything that high.

I’m not sure if I follow you, but a compressor with the attack set way high and the sustain way up (probably both cranked to the max, then adjust downward for taste) gives you an exaggerated, plucky feel for doing stuff like country picking or fast leads.

If that’s not what you’re talking about, can you be a little more specific or provide an example?

• @Samflash3 said:
    Any tips on how to get that high plucky frequency sound on a guitar using iOS effects? I'm trying to play those really high licks using my actual guitar and an Apogee audio interface but I can't seem to get anything that high.

Can you post a link to something that has the sound you're after?