Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatMaker 3.0.13 update Is now LIVE!

Comments

• @willhindson said:

@hansjbs said:

@willhindson said:

@willhindson said:
    BM3 is unusable now on latest 12.9 ipad pro and ios 13.1.3 – the volume is stuck at 100% and the ipad volume buttons / system volume doesn’t affect it at all. Anyone else?

Tried restarting both app and ipad

Anyone else? The volume buttons don’t do anything in BM3 - totally fine in all other apps including NS2.

Edit: same on 13.2

Which volume are you referring to. Works fine here. Not stuck at 100%

I mean the physical ipad volume buttons and / or system volume - changing these does nothing to the volume of output from BM3.

Crazy. No, we haven’t seen that. What version of iOS and device?

• Regarding volume, worth to check if BM3 is using measurement mode too...

• @gusgranite said:

@willhindson said:

@hansjbs said:

@willhindson said:

@willhindson said:
    BM3 is unusable now on latest 12.9 ipad pro and ios 13.1.3 – the volume is stuck at 100% and the ipad volume buttons / system volume doesn’t affect it at all. Anyone else?

Anyone else? The volume buttons don’t do anything in BM3 - totally fine in all other apps including NS2.

I mean the physical ipad volume buttons and / or system volume - changing these does nothing to the volume of output from BM3.

And are you using an interface or anything connected?

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@echoopera said:
    Loving the latest update...feel right at home with it...also love using the mk3 with it. RECORD button YAY!!! Making it very easy to create Patterns on the fly with no fuss.

I've used the MK2 for 2 years now and its been the best keyboard for BM3 in my opinion. Want to upgrade but idk if its worth it as far as mapping goes

In my humble opinion it is worth it just because of the following 5 things:
    . Play
    . Record
    . ARP
    . Fixed Chords
    . Stand Alone Midi ready

• edited October 2019

Submitting a bug requires reCaptcha , nice :( *******
    https://intua.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Anyhow, with a single light AU I deleted an AUX channel and BM3 crashed .
    This is bad cause I can’t reproduce it, fortunately some logs found (are already sent) , but I admit I’m not very impressed....

*******There’s a way to email directly from the app, nice, why nobody mentioned it earlier?!!!

• @wim said:

@gusgranite said:

@rezidue said:

@wim said:
    Maybe it’s because I’m on 12.3.1. I’ll table this until I can update to iOS 13.

You aren’t crazy, I just confirmed the same behavior and I’m running 12.4.1. Keys trigger normally until you hit play.

OK, I can reproduce it as well. What's weird is in Redshrike it looks like you can override it by changing the Amplifier Release value in the synth.

Cool, thanks for taking the time to reproduce it. I was ready to assume it was iOS version related.

Changing the release value to a longer time would have the appearance of overriding it, but probably just sounds like it is. Release is the amount of signal that fades out over time after you let go of the key. What seems to be happening here is the synth is a Note OFF is being processed immediately after the Note On instead of waiting for the key to be released. All extending the fade-out time of the note.

I need to see if Midi Tools Monitor will work inside BM3 to see if these premature note-off messages are being sent by BM3, or somehow invented internally in the iceGear synths. I suspect iceGear since it’s only with these plugins.

Icegear just updated all of their plugins and this is now resolved.

• @rezidue said:

@wim said:

@gusgranite said:

@rezidue said:

@wim said:

You aren’t crazy, I just confirmed the same behavior and I’m running 12.4.1. Keys trigger normally until you hit play.

OK, I can reproduce it as well. What's weird is in Redshrike it looks like you can override it by changing the Amplifier Release value in the synth.

Cool, thanks for taking the time to reproduce it. I was ready to assume it was iOS version related.

Changing the release value to a longer time would have the appearance of overriding it, but probably just sounds like it is. Release is the amount of signal that fades out over time after you let go of the key. What seems to be happening here is the synth is a Note OFF is being processed immediately after the Note On instead of waiting for the key to be released. All extending the fade-out time of the note.

I need to see if Midi Tools Monitor will work inside BM3 to see if these premature note-off messages are being sent by BM3, or somehow invented internally in the iceGear synths. I suspect iceGear since it’s only with these plugins.

Indeed it is. B)
    Thanks for the heads up!

• @gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:

@willhindson said:

@hansjbs said:

@willhindson said:

@willhindson said:

@Samu said:
    Regarding volume, worth to check if BM3 is using measurement mode too...

@gusgranite said:

@willhindson said:

@hansjbs said:

@willhindson said:

@willhindson said:

iOS 13.2 public release / ipad pro 12.9” 2018 (usb-c) 256GB/4G

Tried with measurement mode on and off, no difference.

Just the ipad - no interface.

• @willhindson said:

@gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:

@willhindson said:

@hansjbs said:

@willhindson said:

@willhindson said:

@Samu said:

@gusgranite said:

@willhindson said:

@hansjbs said:

@willhindson said:

@willhindson said:

Do other daw’s on your iPad have the same problem or only BM3?

• edited October 2019

@drez said:

@willhindson said:

@gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:

@willhindson said:

@hansjbs said:

@willhindson said:

@willhindson said:

@Samu said:

@gusgranite said:

@willhindson said:

@hansjbs said:

@willhindson said:

@willhindson said:

This is really weird - after more testing, if I close every app and hard reset, all other daws (cubasis, ns2, aum) work fine. If I then launch BM3, which doesn’t allow me to change volume (but is not actually necessarily locked to 100% every time), everything I open after using BM3 is volume-locked to what sounds like 100%, the system volume doesn’t affect anything. Being careful to force close the apps between. That applies to ns2, cubasis and aum.

• edited October 2019

Airplane mode , hard reset ,load BM3 , new project, change buffer , change sample rate ?
    Go to analytics try to find any BeatMaker files and send them to INTUA

• @willhindson : in addition to "hard reset" have you powered the iPad down and back up?

• @willhindson said:

@gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:

@willhindson said:

@hansjbs said:

@willhindson said:

@willhindson said:

@Samu said:

@gusgranite said:

@willhindson said:

@hansjbs said:

@willhindson said:

@willhindson said:

I turned measurement mode off and restarted the app after a force close and it worked for me. Volume controls work again iPad Pro 12.9 2018 iPadOS 13.2

• @willhindson said:

@drez said:

@willhindson said:

@gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:

@willhindson said:

@hansjbs said:

@willhindson said:

@willhindson said:

@Samu said:

@gusgranite said:

@willhindson said:

@hansjbs said:

@willhindson said:

@willhindson said:

This is really weird - after more testing, if I close every app and hard reset, all other daws (cubasis, ns2, aum) work fine. If I then launch BM3, which doesn’t allow me to change volume (but is not actually necessarily locked to 100% every time), everything I open after using BM3 is volume-locked to what sounds like 100%, the system volume doesn’t affect anything. Being careful to force close the apps between. That applies to ns2, cubasis and aum.

I have NS2, Cubasis, the BM3 open, no issues with volume. I then added Auria pro, Florida studio mobile, gadget, audio evolution , Zenbeats , GarageBand still no volume issues. Tried in each app and volume responds as normal. Played and pause tracks on each no issues with adjust volume. I dunno, that’s a weird problem that you’re having. iPad Pro 2017 512gb iPadOS 13.1.3.

• @wim said:

@rezidue said:

@wim said:

@gusgranite said:

@rezidue said:

@wim said:

Indeed it is. B)
    Thanks for the heads up!

Great to know.

• edited October 2019

confirming volume issue on iPad MINI 2019... you can lower volume using mixer "main out" fader, but this doesn't affect metronome which is always at 100% volume... system volume setting is ignored (even through iOS volume bar is shown when hardware +/- buttons are pressed) is ignored ...

One importat thing which wasn't mentioned above - it is happening only on build in speaker, NOT with headphones connected !

• edited October 2019

@dendy said:
    confirming volume issue on iPad MINI 2019... you can lower volume using mixer "main out" fader, but this doesn't affect metronome which is always at 100% volume... system volume setting is ignored (even through iOS volume bar is shown when hardware +/- buttons are pressed) is ignored ...

One importat thing which wasn't mentioned above - it is happening only on build in speaker, NOT with headphones connected !

Weird. Just tried with speaker and still not seeing the issue. Did the same test with many different apps open alongside BM3 and still nothing. But I just did update to 13.2 like 5 minutes ago after my last post.

• edited October 2019

aah ok ... it is that "high quality measurement mode" ... just there is problem that even if you turn it off, it doesn't help - you need to quit app and run it again - after that it is ok (until
    you again enable HQ mode)

• as i mentioned above, only on speaker ! On headphones HQ mode is OK.

Maybe it has something with fact that on MINI without headphones device sample rate is 48 and wih headphones 44 ? Don't know what exactly this "HQ" mode does..

• @dendy great find thank you. @willhindson is the 2018 usb-c iPad Pro the same as the mini with sample rate? Does anyone know?

• edited October 2019

this sample rate change is happenning only on devices with headphone jack (not sure if any Pro model has jack) ... since iPhone 6S, all devices (phones and ipads) with jack:

• with headphones disconnected, they run on 48khz
    • with headphones without microphone they run on 48 khz
    • with headphones+microphone (eg. for example apple earbuds) device is switched to 44khz

(yes, Apple hw designers are weird :))

BM3 has problem with runtime device sample rate switching:

• set 48khz sample rate in BM3 settings [*]
    • turn off app
    • run app without headphones
    • now connect headphones (earbuds or other headphones with microphone - to force device switch to 44 khz)

in 50% of cases BM3 crashes, in 50% it starts making strange loud noise ... after disconnecting headphones it's again ok

[*] ehm, no, it doesn't matter what samplerate is set in BM3 settings, it happens also with 44khz set

crashlog:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/88ijfhjol6hmchs/BeatMaker 3-2019-10-30-004509.ips?dl=0

• Got it!!!! Thanks again.

• @dendy said:
    this sample rate change is happenning only on devices with headphone jack (not sure if any Pro model has jack) ... since iPhone 6S, all devices (phones and ipads) with jack:

• with headphones disconnected, they run on 48khz
    • with headphones without microphone they run on 48 khz
    • with headphones+microphone (eg. for example apple earbuds) device is switched to 44khz

(yes, Apple hw designers are weird :))

BM3 has problem with runtime device sample rate switching:

• set 48khz sample rate in BM3 settings [*]
    • turn off app
    • run app without headphones
    • now connect headphones (earbuds or other headphones with microphone - to force device switch to 44 khz)

in 50% of cases BM3 crashes, in 50% it starts making strange loud noise ... after disconnecting headphones it's again ok

[*] ehm, no, it doesn't matter what samplerate is set in BM3 settings, it happens also with 44khz set

crashlog:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/88ijfhjol6hmchs/BeatMaker 3-2019-10-30-004509.ips?dl=0

Are you sure that iPad gen 6 (which is post iPhone 6s) runs at 48k through the built-in speakers?

• Great sleuthing 🕵️‍♀️

• edited October 2019

@espiegel123 said:
    Are you sure that iPad gen 6 (which is post iPhone 6s) runs at 48k through the built-in speakers?

Did not saw device since iPhone 6S not following rules indescribed above - but everything is possible...

Do you have Nanostudio 2 ? If yes, you can easily verify it - go to Settings - buffer size option you see current device sample rate - NS is updated this value in realtime based on current device samplerate (on my ipad right after imcomnect headphones with microfone it changes from 48 to 44)

• @dendy said:

@espiegel123 said:

Did not saw device since iPhone 6S not following rules indescribed above - but everything is possible...

Do you have Nanostudio 2 ? If yes, you can easily verify it - go to Settings - buffer size option you see current device sample rate - NS is updated this value in realtime based on current device samplerate (on my ipad right after imcomnect headphones with microfone it changes from 48 to 44)

iPad gen 6 with no headphones is at 44 kHz. The change in hw sample rate I thought was initially associated with removal of the headphone jack.

• interesting.. so it's even bigger mess than expected... That's soo Apple.

• I've been a disenfranchised BM3 user for a long time. Decided to redownload and try the update and I'm happy with it. It seems more stable and less resource intensive. I'm able to work with it on my iPad mini without crackling audio and freezing like I was getting on the previous version

• Ok, I disabled measurement mode in BM3, did a hard reset and a regular shut down and start up and that seems to have fixed the issue with the system volume, for now at least. But there’s definitely something very fishy going on, seems very unstable.

• edited October 2019

Possibly related: I’m getting remnants of music apps / glitching in the menu bar even after closing everything down