Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatMaker 3.0.13 update Is now LIVE!

Comments

• @rs2000 said:

@Mefisme said:

@rs2000 said:
    Question to the beta testers: How do I adjust MIDI Clock latency?
    Seems a bit late...

Could you provide some more details of your use- case?

Digitakt USB MIDI > CCK3 > BM3
    Digitakt sends MIDI clock and STATUS commands (start, stop, continue do work as expected)
    BM3 Settings:
    Midi Clock In = On
    MIDI Input Devices: Elektron Digitakt In = On + Sync

The higher the audio buffer setting, the higher the audible delay.
    Ideally, there's either an adjustable negative latency correction or an automatic correction depending on the audio buffer size. Manual is always better of course.

Buffer increase affects midi clock latency. Noted and thank you!

• @wim said:

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:
    I had three banks. Fractal Bits AU, BASSalicious 2 AU, with a simple pattern on each. Tried to add RedShrike and it won’t play right from the BM3 keyboard or key pads if the BM3 transport is running.

I’ve done no further tests. Just thought I’d throw it out here in case I’d be wasting my time trying to figure out if it’s just me. The troubleshooting path is different if it’s an issue for others as well.

Do you have a midi sequencer running at the same time? That disables keys and pads I think.

Nope. Only what I described. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I don’t have Bassalicious but Redshrike and Fractal are playing fine together for me.

• Maybe it’s me.. but can’t seem to get Rosetta’s Scaler MdiFX to work?

• @Mefisme said:

@Strizbiz said:
    Hmmm.....less then 10 mins in it crashed, and now when I try to reopen the session it says session is corrupt and cannot open. So Looks like it’s Zenbeats for me 🤷🏽‍♂️

By chance did you rename this session folder, the included .bm3 file, or move the sessions .bm3 file out of its required folder before saving? This will produce a corrupt session.

No, just editing a note in the pattern editor and it crashed, didn’t move or rename anything. I love BM3 but it’s always been crash prone for me.

• @wim said:

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:
    I had three banks. Fractal Bits AU, BASSalicious 2 AU, with a simple pattern on each. Tried to add RedShrike and it won’t play right from the BM3 keyboard or key pads if the BM3 transport is running.

I’ve done no further tests. Just thought I’d throw it out here in case I’d be wasting my time trying to figure out if it’s just me. The troubleshooting path is different if it’s an issue for others as well.

Do you have a midi sequencer running at the same time? That disables keys and pads I think.

Any chance you have retrigger on?

• @rezidue said:

@wim said:

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:

Nope. Checked that. Note repeat, arp, everything off. It even happens on a fresh project with only RedShrike loaded. All presets. Did a hard boot as well.

If no one else is seeing it, then I guess it’s time to try reinstalling RedShrike.

BTW ... iOS 12.3.1 iPad Air 2.

• @wim said:

@rezidue said:

@wim said:

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:

Nope. Checked that. Note repeat, arp, everything off. It even happens on a fresh project with only RedShrike loaded. All presets. Did a hard boot as well.

If no one else is seeing it, then I guess it’s time to try reinstalling RedShrike.

What preset?

• @gusgranite said:

@wim said:

@rezidue said:

@wim said:

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:

What preset?

All of them.

• @wim said:

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:

@rezidue said:

@wim said:

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:

What preset?

All of them.

I can’t replicate it. So you load Redshrike as an AU and keep your finger on a key but it only plays for less than a second?

• @Mefisme said:

@rs2000 said:
    The higher the audio buffer setting, the higher the audible delay.
    Ideally, there's either an adjustable negative latency correction or an automatic correction depending on the audio buffer size. Manual is always better of course.

Buffer increase affects midi clock latency. Noted and thank you!

Thank you very much for taking care!
    Important detail: I suggested adjustable negative latency correction because some users love to use a Bluetooth MIDI connection. BT MIDI works surprisingly well but adds another constant latency that BM3 cannot know, therefore the manual adjustment.

• @gusgranite said:

@wim said:

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:

@rezidue said:

@wim said:

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:

What preset?

All of them.

I can’t replicate it. So you load Redshrike as an AU and keep your finger on a key but it only plays for less than a second?

Yep. Reinstalled RedShrike just now too. No change. It has to be something local I guess. I’ll come back to it another time.

One last question...What version of iOS are you on?

• Any news on iPhone version?

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

Interesting. The problem is happening with all iceGear synths I have. Lorentz, RedShrike, Mersenne, and LaPlace. No other apps are affected.

• @wim said:

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:

@rezidue said:

@wim said:

@gusgranite said:

@wim said:

What preset?

All of them.

Yep. Reinstalled RedShrike just now too. No change. It has to be something local I guess. I’ll come back to it another time.

One last question...What version of iOS are you on?

• So at the end of day 1 of the new BM3 release I have been giving it a little work out and no quirks or crashes. It doesn’t have the automation updates that I was hoping for but a very solid step in the right direction, I reckon.

• Maybe it’s because I’m on 12.3.1. I’ll table this until I can update to iOS 13.

• Welp. Hammering on it for a good 2 hours...and can honestly say that it feels great.

Only bottleneck I’m experiencing is my creative output.

Nice to be back on the saddle with BM3.

Nice work to all involved 👊🏼™️💕

It’s going to be a great winter using this great app 🙏🏼💕

• @echoopera said:
    It’s going to be a great winter using this great app 🙏🏼💕

I guess so!
    Always loved the sampler, slicer and clip recording in BM3, and now that I'm able to use it with an external groove box, things start getting fun again o:)

• Here’s my little slice of late night shenanigans as a result of pushing this great app around:

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Any news on iPhone version?

It's on the to do list but will take some time.

• @echoopera said:
    Here’s my little slice of late night shenanigans as a result of pushing this great app around:

Nice one.

• @RajahP said:
    Maybe it’s me.. but can’t seem to get Rosetta’s Scaler MdiFX to work?

Midi fx are still not working in BM3. It's one of the more complicated things to get working properly. On the to do list definitely high up.

• @Strizbiz said:
    Hmmm.....less then 10 mins in it crashed, and now when I try to reopen the session it says session is corrupt and cannot open. So Looks like it’s Zenbeats for me 🤷🏽‍♂️

What ipad and ios?

• edited October 2019

@hansjbs said:

@RajahP said:

Midi fx are still not working in BM3. It's one of the more complicated things to get working properly. On the to do list definitely high up.

Clarification/correction: MIDI FX plugins work fine in BM3*, but if you want to record the output into your midi patterns then you’ll (currently) need the aid of Audioveek’s excellent Midi Route plugin. The BM3 dev is aware that users would like midi FX recording built-in and will hopefully add it in a future update.

* Just be aware that most MIDI FX will only work in BM3 if they are loaded as Pad Midi FX, rather than global Bank Midi FX. If you don’t know how to access audio- and midi-FX plugin chains for individual pads let me know and I’ll post a quick screenshot and instructions.

• Setting up the midi route plugin is well explained by @ocelot in this old thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/30896/audioveek-midi-tools-au/p2

Also demonstrated in videos here: http://audioveek.com/route/

Great to see the update out. Haven't had time to test yet. If automation bugs have not been fully addressed yet, I hope that will be high up on the coming priorities.

• Thanks @bleep

Here's a direct link to Ocelot's very helpful instructions on using MIDI Route to record MIDI FX:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/600833/#Comment_600833

• edited October 2019

@tk32 said:

@hansjbs said:

@RajahP said:

Clarification/correction: MIDI FX plugins work fine in BM3*, but if you want to record the output into your midi patterns then you’ll (currently) need the aid of Audioveek’s excellent Midi Route plugin. The BM3 dev is aware that users would like midi FX recording built-in and will hopefully add it in a future update.

* Just be aware that most MIDI FX will only work in BM3 if they are loaded as Pad Midi FX, rather than global Bank Midi FX. If you don’t know how to access audio- and midi-FX plugin chains for individual pads let me know and I’ll post a quick screenshot and instructions.

Yeah, I personally think that the 'new' way of setting up MIDI plugins is much more logical and fits better into a wider range of workflows. I never really used the old method after initial playing around because it felt a bit tweaky when I just wanted to make music (and then became completely broken..). MIDI effects under the new system are exactly that -- they effect the pad's flow of MIDI data. Granted, there were a few older plugins that operated on the previous principle and didn't work under the new -- they've since been updated and work fine. Would definitely be nice to be able to 'print' the MIDI effects onto the timeline though so I'm looking forward to that.

• edited October 2019

Second bug
    Using BM3 inside AB3 (workaround for midi FX routing by hosting midi in AB3) , causes BM3 to show 28 instances of the same single midi FX plugin (on the midi IO settings tab & Bank/pad IO)

Third bug
    BM3 midi port is not available to Banks . Only way to work is select ‘ALL’ option which routes all midi from all midi ports.

4th bug
    Unused - unchecked midi ports from the settings , are still showing on the bank/pad midi routing.

iOS 13 latest ,Air2

• @wim said:
    Maybe it’s because I’m on 12.3.1. I’ll table this until I can update to iOS 13.

You aren’t crazy, I just confirmed the same behavior and I’m running 12.4.1. Keys trigger normally until you hit play.

• Tipp for clock sync with ext. gear: If you want tight MIDI clock sync to external gear now, you might consider adding a delay effect between your hardware and your mixer. I'm using a cheapo Behringer EM600 with Repeat=min and Mix=100%. Works tight as o:) even with Bluetooth MIDI.