Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio editor for iPad?

Hey guys,

Anyone know of a good Audio editor for iPad??

Haven't actually needed one till now and don't want to have to export to PC to reduce the volume of a bit of audio.

Just had a look and there is not much choice....would like something like Audacity really, any ideas?

Comments

• edited February 2014

Between 2 of the most popular TWISTED WAVE and HOKUSAI... I much prefer the touch interaction on the waveform in TW. There may be more functions within Hokusai but in contrast to the joy of using TW, Hokusai can be a real pain. Both have free versions to try out and their pro versions are about $10.

TWISTED WAVE RECORDER (free) https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/twistedwave-recorder/id690359266?mt=8

HOKUSAI (free) https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/hokusai-audio-editor/id432079746?mt=8

• Twisted Wave is my favorite, allthoug the file handeling can be a bit annoing.

• what I like is the wireless transfer in TwistedWave (full version). You can record large files and transfer them while the iPad is connected to the audio interface.

• Hokusai(pro) has a lot more specialized functions than Twisted wave(pro). Neither are really "pro" compared to expensive desktop editors, but both will adjust levels in their free versions.

• Auria. All the audio editing you need, including time stretch, and so much more.

• There is also "Audio Mastering", and eventually Positive Grid's "Mastering"

• My wife has moved her entire voice over business to an iPad 3 and has found Twisted Wave to be her best option. She was basically raised on forms of Adobe Audition which is a standard at radio stations where she has worked. I introduced her to Auria but she found it too complex for her purposes which includes tons of edits and simple EQ, compression and normalizing.

Her mentors in that business have found the quality actually better than the pro studio she usually works in. Her home studio has gone from a bulky Rube Goldberg setup to a good mic > iRig pro > iPad. This is for voice work only. She'll still do full multitrack production work on a PC just because it's so much easier to to import bits and pieces of sound FX, music etc.

• I'll try both the free versions and see which I like. Thought there would be more....

• Yeah, there is a big hole for something truly full featured similar to Sound Forge.