Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FRENZY / The BedheadProducer and Me

edited October 2019 in Creations

Marc Pattison, aka @bedheadproducer, is one of the most talented musicians I have come across in a long while. We are fortunate to have him amongst us to share and instruct and play.
And play we did....

Comments

• That’s very good. I like it a lot.
    I don’t know enough English words to speak about technicalities but my brain likes the journey this song allows. And that bloody guitar is awesome.

• Well @Callaeci, you get your point across quite nicely.... a brain journey with a bloody awesome guitar... my thoughts exactly. Thank you for listening!

• It's great to see you both working on something together. This one is very intense and disturbing... very cinematic textures.

• Thanks @McD. I actually don’t find it disturbing at all. After repeated listening to Marc’s playing I just find it intuitive and audacious. Let’s see what future collaborations bring to light. Btw, Marc sent me his process and I will pm it to you as I know you are curious about such things.

• @LinearLineman this was pretty awesome. I’m also interested in the process!

• @mjcouche and @McD, i’m Sure Marc is ok with sharing this...

So I did not use any keyboard parts . I have a Ken per amp modeler and it really has a huge variety of sounds I can get out of my guitar . I spent many hours crafting patches that are sound FX based that I’ll never be CC able to use in a band unless for an intro and they often mask what I’m doing if I play more than a whole note or quarter note . I love FX that make my guitar sound unlike a guitar .
    So I matched up the tempo in Cubase so that everything lined up perfectly to the grid, but I didn’t bother being exact with the delays on the guitar ... I just used my ears to get in the ballpark and used the tap tempo button on the kemper since they were several short sections
    So every 8-16 bars I switched to a new patch I had invented months ago and printed the guitar dirty/effected , which I normally never do . I normally only track the guitars clean and use amp simulation of some sort in real time the only Putin’s I used in the daw was some reverb and delay on the newest section. At 4 minutes that you requested , Oh and the effect that sounds like a filtered motor or atnth patch around the middle of the song is a double rhythm guitar part with poly verse gatekeeper , a gating/ stuttering plugin that has many presets that are basically trenelo sequences so I found a suitable one and then used a steinberg built in filter program to modulate the sound in and out from very thin to the original thick sound . I mother than that particular plugin , I could have done the whole thing in Cubasis , but I hardly every work in Cubase anymore , that I thought it might be fun to use my desktop for a change . Lastly on my second run ( second day of recording ) I put one instance of Turnado on the master bus/ Chanel and used the slider on the left that works like a macro to twist the knobs Of all 8 effects modules in turnado simultaneously and turned down the mix slider so that what I added was mostly subtle . There a couple times when this process produced some synth like tones. I used it very sparingly in about 5 spots and it’s seems to be the cherry on top that took the whole song just a little bit more into the electronic realm than before .
    It’s actually a pretty fast paced tune so playing fast on the guitar seemed like overkill at first , and not easy to flow fast , but once I got warmed up I was able to do some fast patterns and stay in time , more comfortably . It took me 3 hours the first night and two hours or less the next night . Most of that time was spent auditioning presets in my Kenper . Only one patch was customized on the spot . Right now my Kenper has 950 amp rigs /presets so I knew I had enough odd but useable patches in there somewhere .. I just had to run through them . I tried to search for spots that had holes and openness in most cases. Oh and I used stylus RMX by spectra Sonic as a loop player and added a high hat loop and a conga loop in a couple places but what is unique about that plugin , is it has a random generator with several sliders where one can add variable dynamics , pitch , panning and timing to any loops so that it can create a loop performance that is always slightly Changing and therefore sounds a bit improved . You can here at times how the pitch is fluctuating on the hi hat loop which makes it sound a little more electronic . The first mix all my parts were a bit quieter and you really had to listen carefully to even hear some of them , but the second mix I turned them all up a bit so they would not get lost so easily , at times some parts are more subtle than others

• Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

• I really liked this... like I was flying on the autobahn in a 1930s Silver Arrow from AutoUnion...
    Things ar3 flying past me. Very good. Reminds me of “on the run” also... floyd I mean :wink:

• I really like this track. B)

It’s a collaboration? I’m interested to know which parts are @LinearLineman?

What’s up with that (lack of) ending though?

• Thanks very much for the enthusiasm and kind words . I loved collaborating on this with
    LinearLineman. I’m a huge Floyd fan and doing something like this was in my bucket list and I was really inspired by what I got to play over . I’m going to be working another tune with
    LinearLineman in the next day or two :) maybe I’ll do a video to illustrate what I’m doing . Depends on if I have time . Thanks again for listening .
    LinearLineman , thanks again for letting me noodle on your awesome track !

• edited October 2019

@wim , here is the track Marc added to. I think it has an end. The ending is abrupt.... it ends on the one, I guess. Hey, it had to end somewhere!😳

Thanks for listening @kuhl. Now where’s that Promised Krautrock? You are welcome @mjcouche. Marc knows what he is up to.

@bedheadproducer, I eagerly await your next sonic adventure.