Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Support for historic iOS games!!!

Accidentally, I read the following phrase from Eli Hodapp, the former editor of TouchArcade:

"I’ve been incredibly vocal about preserving our digital history over the years, and it’s distressing to think how many great, historically important (and simply fun!) games have been lost. That reality is my prime motivation in stepping down from TouchArcade: to raise awareness of this problem." on

https://www.macstories.net/reviews/gameclub-launches-a-subscription-service-that-revives-a-growing-catalog-of-70-classic-ios-games/

He built a way to resurrect historic games for use on modern iOS in form of an App and a subscription of 4.99 Euro per month:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gameclub-a-new-way-to-play/id1339587140

And even as I really dislike any subscription, I immediately downloaded the hub App and subscribed!

Check out GameClub — the home of mobile gaming’s greatest hits, all in one subscription
https://gameclub.io

I find supporting such a service by far more important than subscribing to something like Apple Arcade

Comments

• Maybe they can resurrect the original nanostudio? :o :) <3

• Here comes the subscriptions for what people already paid for.
    Programmed obsolescence profit based business model never cease to impress!

• tjatja
    edited October 2019

@Philippe said:
    Here comes the subscriptions for what people already paid for.
    Programmed obsolescence profit based business model never cease to impress!

A clear case of an ignorant Spammer, I would say B)

You can access, download and play ALL of the supported games that you own WITHOUT subscribing!

I recommend, first to the read the article and not to post embarrassing and wrong things.

• Great stuff...

Do you know how this works?

„If you already own a game, you can download it free without subscribing to GameClub„

Because I have a ton of them, haha

• edited October 2019

Why is it important to pay a monthly sub for old games that either I didn’t want or didn’t see or which I can still play on the various old iPads I have?

Personally I’d rather spend my £5 to have Apple Arcade, which at least has new games available for family sharing and playing on phone/iPad/Apple TV. And Mac to come I believe.

• @david_2017 said:
    Great stuff...

Do you know how this works?

„If you already own a game, you can download it free without subscribing to GameClub„

Because I have a ton of them, haha

I try to help with reading by quoting from the MacStories article:

"Each game also includes a link to restore your purchase if you previously purchased the game on the App Store before it became part of GameClub. For example, that means that anyone who bought a game like Sword of Fargoal, which sat untouched for nine years before joining GameClub, can re-download a version that’s compatible with today’s Apple hardware for free and without signing up for GameClub."

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Why is it important to pay a monthly sub for old games that either I didn’t want or didn’t see or which I can still play on the various old iPads I have?

Personally I’d rather spend my £5 to have Apple Arcade, which at least has new games available for family sharing and playing on phone/iPad/Apple TV. And Mac to come I believe.

Now, of course you need to have interest in anything that you pay for.
    Why would you pay otherwise?!?

As I lost lots of 32 Bit Apps I am massively happy that this now exists and I can get back some of them!
    Also, there will be more - and I hope also more of those that I lost.

And as I wrote, maybe they will later resurrect not only games.

I for one am very interested in that!

I sadly have no iOS device anymore.

• edited October 2019

@tja ah OK I see, I wasn’t sure because I know I bought a specific game but it was only displayed in the store as „free“ and not the could downloading symbol. But I like the idea and the cool retro feeling (already 😅)

Just saw you can use the GAMECLUB as developer on the AppStore to display all of your titles - which is quite convenient

• There are "historic" iOS games? Huh. When I think of classic games, iOS isn't the platform I think of. But a worthy effort, I'm sure. Nice of you to point it out @tja.

A Rasberry Pi with RetroPie costs about the same as a one-year subscription. That's more what I think of when thinking about historic games.

• tjatja
    edited October 2019

@wim said:
    There are "historic" iOS games? Huh. When I think of classic games, iOS isn't the platform I think of. But a worthy effort, I'm sure. Nice of you to point it out @tja.

A Rasberry Pi with RetroPie costs about the same as a one-year subscription. That's more what I think of when thinking about historic games.

I loved Sword of Fargoal, Pocket RPG and Mage Gauntlet for example :)

Sadly, Dark Nebula and Dark Nebula 2 are not yet listed, which I am very much missing.
    I also hope for Spirit or Spirit for iPad.
    Sentinel, Sentinel 2, Sentinel 3...

But finally, I wanted to support the effort!

But I never heard of RetroPie, googling now, thanks :smile: