Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What synths can be automated from BM2 like Nave and NLog?

This is a really great feature to have and works very well, i.e. just holding a button and then its value can be controlled from BM2.
But are Nave and NLog the only synths that have this ability? I tried the other apps I have: Sunrizer, Animoog, iPolysix, Magellan, but it does not seem to work like this there. Am I doing something wrong or is this a very new feature not widely supported?

Comments

• Not quite sure if you are talking about MIDI Learn or something else. Sunrizer, Magellan, Animoog, all have MIDI Learn (a mode where you touch a knob then send a controller message to configure, then back to Play mode to use them). iPolySix has some fixed CC responses, but Korg don't give out much MIDI information. Many other Synths also have MIDI Learn. The trick is often to find where to enter the learn mode.

Specifically, for your examples:

Sunrizer Learn button is at top left, label "Learn".
    Animoog is in Setup - MIDI - "Map CC's" button about 1/3 up from bottom center right
    Magellan - Prefs pane, "CC / Learn" at lower right of buttons area, just above the keyboard.

Not all buttons/knobs are learnable, generally.

What synths do you have beyond these few that you want to learn how to make them learn? Or if not learnable but controllable, heo to match up yoour controller (using possibly MidiBridge to map the controls the controller sends to what your synth responds to)?

• Thanks for the insight!! So it seems Nave and NLog have an extremely convenient way to configure that. Just tried midi learn with sunrizer like you explained and it works also. Nice!
    I believed that midi learn was for using hardware controllers and never tried it, but BM2 works nicely this way.
    I also have Wavemapper. But there are these filter apps that also can be controlled by midi, seems I have a fun "project" for the weekend now...

• And if your synth can't learn, there's always MidiBridge to remap with...:
    http://audeonic.boards.net/board/2/support