Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

living memory Auditor

I saw this listed on the multitrack thread, and it peaked my interest. if anyone has anymore information. please post it here. thanks

Comments

• Haven't heard of this and I don't see it on the App Store 🤔

• @LivingMemorySoftware.if you see this thread. this looks pretty useful. how soon do you think before we can dig into this one ?

• The batch editing of audio files would be a useful feature not currently available.

• i like the idea of importing in multiple samples and assembling together to make interesting sounds. that could be really fun

• I'm using Audio Evolution for multitrack sound editing, if it could export tracks with each clip as a separate file, there you go, that would be a nice batch processor too.
    I don't know if @dwrae would consider such a tiny but very useful change.

• this looks very promising!

• @rs2000 said:
    I'm using Audio Evolution for multitrack sound editing, if it could export tracks with each clip as a separate file, there you go, that would be a nice batch processor too.
    I don't know if @dwrae would consider such a tiny but very useful change.

cool

• This will likely give TwistedWave some healthy competition :)

Time will tell if Auditor allows 'snap to zero-crossing, snap to beat/division (with BPM setting or the file) and snap off'?
    Can the ruler be set to show time, bars/beats and samples?
    Can we process a sample or samples thru a chain of effects?
    Can we add markers to the file and do 'chop/slice to separate files' using those markers?
    Can we add markers on the fly when recording or playing back a file?(ie. lazy chop).
    When adding loops to a wave-file do the loop points get saved as meta-data?
    (And can we preview/play the file when setting the loop at different pitches?).
    Does it offer any kind of transient detection? (To for example create AppleLoops for GarageBand or BeatHawk?).

Cheers!

• @Samu said:
    This will likely give TwistedWave some healthy competition :)

Time will tell if Auditor allows 'snap to zero-crossing, snap to beat/division (with BPM setting or the file) and snap off'?
    Can we add markers to the file and do 'chop/slice to separate files' using those markers?
    Can we add markers on the fly when recording or playing back a file?(ie. lazy chop).
    Does it offer any kind of transient detection? (To for example create AppleLoops for GarageBand or BeatHawk?).

Cheers!

twisted wave, is that your audio editor of choice? i never tried that one. i might have to check it out

i’m looking to do simple manual slicing and reverse and copy pasting like this: see 1:13 of video

• @eross said:

twisted wave, is that your audio editor of choice? i never tried that one. i might have to check it out

Yepp, there's a free 'TwistedWave Recorder' you can try to see if you like it. The IAP turns it into the full version.
    I mostly use it as a 'field recorder' and do quick edits.

i’m looking to do simple manual slicing and reverse and copy pasting like this: see 1:13 of video

I only have the full iOS version and it can easily do selections, cut, copy & paste and reverse and has some time-stretching features as well using Zynaptic/ZTX engine.

There are some things I've forwarded to the developer and I do hope we'll see an update soon.
    It's things like snap-to bar/beat and chop at markers etc. (Those are present on the Desktop version already).

But I'll be keeping my eyes open on Auditor as well since it will include batch operations and other goodies not yet present in TwistedWave.

TwistedWave is universal too and one of my most used apps on my iPhone 8.

• @Samu said:

@eross said:

Yepp, there's a free 'TwistedWave Recorder' you can try to see if you like it. The IAP turns it into the full version.
    I mostly use it as a 'field recorder' and do quick edits.

I only have the full iOS version and it can easily do selections, cut, copy & paste and reverse and has some time-stretching features as well using Zynaptic/ZTX engine.

There are some things I've forwarded to the developer and I do hope we'll see an update soon.
    It's things like snap-to bar/beat and chop at markers etc. (Those are present on the Desktop version already).

But I'll be keeping my eyes open on Auditor as well since it will include batch operations and other goodies not yet present in TwistedWave.

TwistedWave is universal too and one of my most used apps on my iPhone 8.

dry interesting i’m gonna check that out. yes snap would be very helpful in that. thanks for the info. i really appreciate it

• @Samu said:
    This will likely give TwistedWave some healthy competition :)

Cheers!

Hopefully @LivingMemorySoftware will check this thread for these excellent suggestions. 👍

• hokusai2 has some nice sample editing, and sample combining. however it is a standalone app. i wish it could be Au or IAA i’d love to use that in aum, and chain some effects behind it while editing. could be interesting. it also has a nice feature of playing the audio while you scrub across the waveform with the playhead. pretty cool app