Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PPG Wavemapper 2.0 update

R_2R_2
edited February 2014 in General App Discussion

• Inter-app Audio (IAA) with MIDI
  • Load audio files from Media Library - Analysis page
  • Wavetable exchange via pasteboard with WaveGenerator
  • App switching with WaveGenerator
  • Minor bug fixes

Comments

• Quality :-)

• Pardon my ignorance, but which DAW is he using?

• @Yan - That is Cubasis.

• @Seangarland said:

@Yan - That is Cubasis.

Thanks, mate.

• how does this one compare to Nave? I am considering all the IAA synths I don't have yet since I'm having endless fun automating IAA synths in Tabletops Mastermind (can you do that with anything else?) ...

• @firejan82 they are different beasts altogether. You can't really compare them I dont think. It's a great synth though and very easy to come up with interesting sounds. It struggled a bit on my old iPad2 and you needed to lower polyphony etc. but you can really get a lot going on the Air. Worth the money says I.

• edited February 2014

OK, thanks. I asked because they're both wavetable synths but I guess you're right, that does not make them comparable. I guess Animoog is kind of a wavetable synth too, yet very different from Nave.

• I bought Wavemapper few weeks ago and Nave few month ago. I think I like Wavemapper much more. The reason is with Wavemapper you can get useable sound very quickly. I know there are many people out there who can spend hours and hours in a synth just to make a decent preset. I don't have that much time and skill and more important, patience.
    There is a random button in Wavemapper. Usually, randomization always makes, you know , random sound, and in my experience, most of them are useless. Think about the random in Animoog.
    But random in Wavemapper is very interesting. Almost every randomization is useful. I think it is due to the special structure of Wavemapper, it is very unique.
    So after few hits, you could get a very interesting sound, with little adjustment in parameters and it is done. Now every time I go to bathroom I just sit on the toilet and keep hitting random button. So much fun. The possibility of the randomization is infinite.
    Some people might not agree with me even despise random. But I think in these days it is very hard to master any synth complicated like Wavemapper, Nave or Animoog. So for random works.

• Thanks for letting us know how it performs on the toilet.

• I'm not seeing this update in the App Store. Has it been released yet?

• I try to not spend too much time in the toilet myself. Strictly business you might say.

• It's not out yet, the above was a post on their FB page, "coming soon" or something...So probably submitted to Apple already though.

• Hey logictree,
    Just don't take in the bathtub.

• edited March 2014