Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MultiTrack Recorder Plugin by 4Pockets.com

13468928

Comments

  • @MonzoPro said:

    @wim said:

    @4Pockets said:

    @wim said:

    @audio_DT said:
    I'm about to pull the trigger on this but I'm slightly confused by one little thing: if I record a bit a synth in AUM into an audio track in this app, can I loop that audio ad infinitum? I'm happy, for now, to just loop other bits of audio in other instances of the app. Thanks.

    Sadly, this is pretty poorly thought out. Syncing to AUM disables looping. If you disable host sync then you can loop ... but the app doesn't start / stop when you hit play in AUM. It badly needs another option to sync to host tempo and transport only. Right now sync only works with following AUM's timeline position.

    The next version will allow you to play back loops using AUM's transport controls. In version 1.01 you can simply enable 'Remote' without selecting 'Host Sync'. This will enable AUM's controls to start/stop MTR. Just make sure both host and local tempo are set up the same. Only when Host Sync is enabled will the play cursor move with the host.

    Thanks! That's great!
    I don't really see why setting the app tempo to match the host shouldn't be automatic, but that's not a big deal. Maybe at least a "Match Host Tempo" button in the popup dialog for setting the tempo?

    @MonzoPro said:
    Really stupid question: can you move the play cursor to a point on the multitrack timeline, hit record, and it starts recording and playing AUM at the same time - and starts recording at the place you put the cursor? Or does it flip the recording point back to the beginning of the multitrack timeline?

    Just a bit confused by this sync business - not worried about it being in sync or owt, just want to be able to pick a spot on the multitrack timeline to record from, and trigger AUM at the same time to record at that point. Don't really want to mess with punching in/out.

    I think the change in v1.01 described above will meet this need.

    Ah ok, cheers. Don't need the loop feature, just need multitrack to start recording where I place the cursor (so halfway through a track for instance) - to be honest it doesn't really matter if it's the host or app that starts everything going, just need to be able to set start points for recording. I think it can probably do this already, but it's one of those apps that you need in front of you to see what's going on!

    I'll wait for the update anyway before buying.

    I learned in the other thread that you can swipe along the transport bar in AUM to set the timeline position. So, I think this meats your need already. Have Host Sync and Remote disabled, set a loop region (don't worry, it won't loop), enable "Punch-In", arm record (in the app), then swipe the transport bar in AUM to position the timeline position to some time before the loop region. Recording will start at the beginning of the loop region and continue until you press stop in AUM.

    At least that's how @Janosax described it, I think ... https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/703426/#Comment_703426

  • @dendy said:
    iOS is limitless. I'm making music iOS only since summer 2010 and never missed desktop. I like changing my workflows, adjusting them to outer conditions, searching workaround - it inspires me. It forces me go out of my comfort zone which in most cases leads to new discoveries and new musical ideas. I'm making music probably since 1995, but i think best pieces i made (most complex in terms of composition and sound design) were born on iOS, not on desktop.

    I'm also NEVER looking what features will have some app in future. This leads JUST to frustration. I'm using what is there now, don't looking behind me but also don't looking ahead me. Past and future doesn't exist, there is just NOW.

    This. +1000000000

    I rediscovered BM2 because of the lack of proper sample slicing options on iPhone. This “workaround” has left me with no decent time stretch... and I love it. Ive changed the way I approach sampling yet again. And this time, with way more skill and knowledge under my belt, it’s a giant leap forward. I’m back in love with the process. And it’s making me even more creative.

    Sometimes, forcing limitations on yourself is the best way to grow.

  • Not sure if this has been mentioned but I ran two instances of MT in AUM FX slots each with a different AU synth input. Then set both to host sync and record, started AUM and recorded an audio stem in each instance at the same time. I saved one instance then went into the audio pool of the other and dragged the audio onto the track in my saved MT session so now I have two tracks recorded at the same time in the same instance which means I can repeat this to add more. It’s harder to describe than do as in practice it was quite painless and it works 🙂

  • @Trueyorky said:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but I ran two instances of MT in AUM FX slots each with a different AU synth input. Then set both to host sync and record, started AUM and recorded an audio stem in each instance at the same time. I saved one instance then went into the audio pool of the other and dragged the audio onto the track in my saved MT session so now I have two tracks recorded at the same time in the same instance which means I can repeat this to add more. It’s harder to describe than do as in practice it was quite painless and it works 🙂

    Yep. :) This is the answer for those asking if it can record more than one channel at a time. It can't, but this is a perfectly workable approach IMO.

  • Hi @4Pockets,

    It would be totally awesome if the Master (Record, Stop, Play) and Track controls (Arm, Solo, Mute) could be exposed as AU Parameters. Mixer controls too, but especially the master and track controls. B)

  • @wim said:
    Hi @4Pockets,

    It would be totally awesome if the Master (Record, Stop, Play) and Track controls (Arm, Solo, Mute) could be exposed as AU Parameters. Mixer controls too, but especially the master and track controls. B)

    +1

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @dendy said:

    @Charlesalbert said:
    Didn’t like at all. I asKed a refund😂😂

    very smart.. just small note: dev will pay 30% of price to APPLE anyway ... do you feel better ?

    I don't think this part is true. My understanding is that Apple reserves right to do that in the dev agreement but doesn't do it in practice in most cases.

    @espiegel123 said:

    @dendy said:

    @Charlesalbert said:
    Didn’t like at all. I asKed a refund😂😂

    very smart.. just small note: dev will pay 30% of price to APPLE anyway ... do you feel better ?

    I don't think this part is true. My understanding is that Apple reserves right to do that in the dev agreement but doesn't do it in practice in most cases.

    @espiegel123 said:

    @dendy said:

    @Charlesalbert said:
    Didn’t like at all. I asKed a refund😂😂

    very smart.. just small note: dev will pay 30% of price to APPLE anyway ... do you feel better ?

    I don't think this part is true. My understanding is that Apple reserves right to do that in the dev agreement but doesn't do it in practice in most cases.

    @espiegel123 said:

    @dendy said:

    @Charlesalbert said:
    Didn’t like at all. I asKed a refund😂😂

    very smart.. just small note: dev will pay 30% of price to APPLE anyway ... do you feel better ?

    I don't think this part is true. My understanding is that Apple reserves right to do that in the dev agreement but doesn't do it in practice in most cases.

    @espiegel123 said:

    @dendy said:

    @Charlesalbert said:
    Didn’t like at all. I asKed a refund😂😂

    very smart.. just small note: dev will pay 30% of price to APPLE anyway ... do you feel better ?

    I don't think this part is true. My understanding is that Apple reserves right to do that in the dev agreement but doesn't do it in practice in most cases.

    @espiegel123 said:

    @dendy said:

    @Charlesalbert said:
    Didn’t like at all. I asKed a refund😂😂

    very smart.. just small note: dev will pay 30% of price to APPLE anyway ... do you feel better ?

    I don't think this part is true. My understanding is that Apple reserves right to do that in the dev agreement but doesn't do it in practice in most cases.

    @espiegel123 said:

    @dendy said:

    @Charlesalbert said:
    Didn’t like at all. I asKed a refund😂😂

    very smart.. just small note: dev will pay 30% of price to APPLE anyway ... do you feel better ?

    I don't think this part is true. My understanding is that Apple reserves right to do that in the dev agreement but doesn't do it in practice in most cases.

    @espiegel123 said:

    @dendy said:

    @Charlesalbert said:
    Didn’t like at all. I asKed a refund😂😂

    very smart.. just small note: dev will pay 30% of price to APPLE anyway ... do you feel better ?

    I don't think this part is true. My understanding is that Apple reserves right to do that in the dev agreement but doesn't do it in practice in most cases.

    @dendy I just bought it again so I have not to deal with the thought that I could have stolen someone’s money.

    As for the update I thank the dev and I will dig in it to learn better the app.

  • edited October 2019

    @wim said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @wim said:

    @4Pockets said:

    @wim said:

    @audio_DT said:
    I'm about to pull the trigger on this but I'm slightly confused by one little thing: if I record a bit a synth in AUM into an audio track in this app, can I loop that audio ad infinitum? I'm happy, for now, to just loop other bits of audio in other instances of the app. Thanks.

    Sadly, this is pretty poorly thought out. Syncing to AUM disables looping. If you disable host sync then you can loop ... but the app doesn't start / stop when you hit play in AUM. It badly needs another option to sync to host tempo and transport only. Right now sync only works with following AUM's timeline position.

    The next version will allow you to play back loops using AUM's transport controls. In version 1.01 you can simply enable 'Remote' without selecting 'Host Sync'. This will enable AUM's controls to start/stop MTR. Just make sure both host and local tempo are set up the same. Only when Host Sync is enabled will the play cursor move with the host.

    Thanks! That's great!
    I don't really see why setting the app tempo to match the host shouldn't be automatic, but that's not a big deal. Maybe at least a "Match Host Tempo" button in the popup dialog for setting the tempo?

    @MonzoPro said:
    Really stupid question: can you move the play cursor to a point on the multitrack timeline, hit record, and it starts recording and playing AUM at the same time - and starts recording at the place you put the cursor? Or does it flip the recording point back to the beginning of the multitrack timeline?

    Just a bit confused by this sync business - not worried about it being in sync or owt, just want to be able to pick a spot on the multitrack timeline to record from, and trigger AUM at the same time to record at that point. Don't really want to mess with punching in/out.

    I think the change in v1.01 described above will meet this need.

    Ah ok, cheers. Don't need the loop feature, just need multitrack to start recording where I place the cursor (so halfway through a track for instance) - to be honest it doesn't really matter if it's the host or app that starts everything going, just need to be able to set start points for recording. I think it can probably do this already, but it's one of those apps that you need in front of you to see what's going on!

    I'll wait for the update anyway before buying.

    I learned in the other thread that you can swipe along the transport bar in AUM to set the timeline position. So, I think this meats your need already. Have Host Sync and Remote disabled, set a loop region (don't worry, it won't loop), enable "Punch-In", arm record (in the app), then swipe the transport bar in AUM to position the timeline position to some time before the loop region. Recording will start at the beginning of the loop region and continue until you press stop in AUM.

    At least that's how @Janosax described it, I think ... https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/703426/#Comment_703426

    Cheers Wim. Sounds a bit of a fiddle, but good to hear it’s doable.

    Still on the fence, probably need to see a few more vids, but closer to falling off.

  • @Charlesalbert
    @dendy I just bought it again so I have not to deal with the thought that I could have stolen someone’s money

    wow :+1: respect !

  • I just bought it and got refund for fun

  • edited October 2019

    Ugh, why are the recordings 16bit? Is there any way to change to at least 24bit?

  • wimwim
    edited October 2019

    @auxmux said:
    Ugh, why are the recordings 16bit? Is there any way to change to at least 24bit?

    Probably to save RAM to allow for longer recordings. For an AU app, RAM is a limitation that can’t be ignored.

  • What’s the consensus here...
    Is this the way to go for working in AUM to build a track/ capture ideas and live jams/ create loops to arrange in a daw...
    Or is it a bit off still ?
    I bought group the loop a couple weeks ago and is doing a pretty good job at capturing my audio. Even tho it’s iaa it has really great features ...
    My only beef with it is the same as this app , recording only one track at a time...
    Also my other beef with gtl is if U load an effect into a channel (direct iaa not going thru AUM or AB) it doesn’t seem to kick on while recording only after the audio is captured, but that’s off topic and using a host is a simple enough fix.

    I’m on the Fence here as it seems like it’s missing things we need, however 4 pockets is a great Company and they never stop keeping all their stuff up and running great... solid honest people with solid honest products , the icon is def my biggest problem with them lol so that’s saying a lot about how great the things I have from em are.. but it gets confusing with every app icon looking the same

  • One thing it can do that loopers can’t is serve as timeline/arrangement tool when needed. Loopers are fine for jams. GTL takes that another step further. This extends that into a nice bridge between jamming and arrangement. Sort of a middle ground between Loopy/GTL and a DAW.

  • @4Pockets well done, congrats, be brave, keep on, get sleep :)

  • This is great! Lot of uses for this. Is there no way to save the song with a name of your choosing?

  • Really loving this app paired with NanoStudio2. Here i recorded a series of 4 bar loops from Aparillo and added Reverb and such....mmmmm....this should be a nice stop gap until we get proper Audio Tracks in NS2.

  • @DCJ said:
    This is great! Lot of uses for this. Is there no way to save the song with a name of your choosing?

    You can create a new song with a name of your choosing by pressing the song button

  • Lots of requests for recording more than one track at once, but how would his work in practice? You can only route one input to the AU instance in AUM anyway.

    It seems to me that the current method — putting several MTR instances into different lanes in AUM — is the right way to do it. I think someone said that you can even drag the recordings between instances.

  • @mistercharlie said:
    Lots of requests for recording more than one track at once, but how would his work in practice? You can only route one input to the AU instance in AUM anyway.

    It seems to me that the current method — putting several MTR instances into different lanes in AUM — is the right way to do it. I think someone said that you can even drag the recordings between instances.

    It should be possible in theory with multi port AU it’s just that most hosts don’t support it yet. You could have multiple input ports or multiple instances and the master instance receives all the inputs.

    Is that something which could be possible in the future @4Pockets ? :)

  • @reasOne said:
    What’s the consensus here...
    Is this the way to go for working in AUM to build a track/ capture ideas and live jams/ create loops to arrange in a daw...
    Or is it a bit off still ?
    I bought group the loop a couple weeks ago and is doing a pretty good job at capturing my audio. Even tho it’s iaa it has really great features ...
    My only beef with it is the same as this app , recording only one track at a time...
    Also my other beef with gtl is if U load an effect into a channel (direct iaa not going thru AUM or AB) it doesn’t seem to kick on while recording only after the audio is captured, but that’s off topic and using a host is a simple enough fix.

    I’m on the Fence here as it seems like it’s missing things we need, however 4 pockets is a great Company and they never stop keeping all their stuff up and running great... solid honest people with solid honest products , the icon is def my biggest problem with them lol so that’s saying a lot about how great the things I have from em are.. but it gets confusing with every app icon looking the same

    I’m almost off the fence. The only thing keeping me on it, is it seems you have to set a loop range on the timeline, punch/in and out, to record a clip where you want it, and it seems to start from the beginning of the song.

    I’d like to place the playhead on the timeline, hit record, and then trim it after as with a standard DAW.

  • Regarding the fiddly setting of a loop range: it would be great if the dev could implement the same approach as in Cubasis, setting a loop range by long pressing on a clip.

  • I’m confused by the remote setting and the change in the latest update (yesterday). Can anyone explain 😄

  • @d4d0ug said:
    I’m confused by the remote setting and the change in the latest update (yesterday). Can anyone explain 😄

    It lets AUM’s start/stop control MTR’S start stop. It disconnects all other syncing. At least, that’s how I think it works :)

  • edited October 2019

    It’s worth mentioning that if you put the Files app in Slide Over, showing the current AUM session (inside the AudioShare folders), then your can record in AUM as usual, and just drag and drop those clips into MTR.

    Best of both worlds!

    EDIT: Just tested this, and it works perfectly. In fact, I prefer it to the intended behavior.

  • @mistercharlie said:

    @d4d0ug said:
    I’m confused by the remote setting and the change in the latest update (yesterday). Can anyone explain 😄

    It lets AUM’s start/stop control MTR’S start stop. It disconnects all other syncing. At least, that’s how I think it works :)

    Yeah, that seems to work, I don’t seem to be able to record in remote mode, not sure if I meant to!

    The whole region select thing is a bit flakey still - little handles might work better.

  • edited October 2019

    @wim said:

    @auxmux said:
    Ugh, why are the recordings 16bit? Is there any way to change to at least 24bit?

    Probably to save RAM to allow for longer recordings. For an AU app, RAM is a limitation that can’t be ignored.

    I guess that makes sense, but if you're making stems or trying to make an arrangement, that 16 bit quality is too low. It's fine for sampling but not enough for actual recording. Wish that was stated outright. I think this is a great app but this is a major limitation in my opinion. @4Pockets

  • @auxmux How are you taking advantage of the range of 24bit? I'm simply curious.

Sign In or Register to comment.